New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 204 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Prospect buyer here of Montero...

I'm religiously following this thread and noticed that problems of steering column was not addressed by 2010 new model. Also, the thug sound and now stalling problem... Clean gas would be the solution of that...

Need your advise mga sir, is it worth it to buy now? or wait for next year for the new model... maybe with new powerful engine w/VGT?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by talandukay View Post
    WRT the moist inside the headlights, the manual says it happens and isn't a sign of a problem. It did not come with any other explanation so I don't mind, but go figure
    hmmm... actually im just baffled. I have other cars and this is the only one with problems with the headlight moist. My pajero had that problem before but that was because i cleaned the assembly and didnt fully dried the insides with a drier, but it went away after a week.

Yep that's what they are referring to here as turbo lag and you'll feel it kicking at 2K RPM. I don't mind either, feels nice on a straight road and strong on inclined.
    but isnt that a sign of a failing fuel injection system? The only time i experienced that is when the injection pump has leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    Thats the stallinh effect. Bring it back for tune up.....
    Hmm, I just hope the service guys wont give me another excuse for just so they could diss me off... just like they did when i asked them to adjust the brake pedal..... wala lang ako sa mood makipagtalo sa service technician nila.... tsk!

Quote Originally Posted by Rangie View Post
    Prospect buyer here of Montero...

I'm religiously following this thread and noticed that problems of steering column was not addressed by 2010 new model. Also, the thug sound and now stalling problem... Clean gas would be the solution of that...

Need your advise mga sir, is it worth it to buy now? or wait for next year for the new model... maybe with new powerful engine w/VGT?
    to be fair with the MS, i havent noticed any steering problems and i dont know if the thug sound is what i hear when putting the gear from P to D cause if that is the case, i do believe that the thug sound is normal among truck based suvs. mas malakas pa nga yun sa pajero ko....

If you are asking if is it worth it, I would say that the problems are only minor and with the price tag that low, i'd say go for it....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    re headlight moist, iirc sir otep said in one of the posts here that it's normal.

re thud sound, iirc also, it's called a shift shock and it's also normal.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    UPDATE LANG PO SA STALLING!

What they said at the casa is "if the EGR and SCV is damaged, the micro switch indicator will light up on the dashboard"
    In my case, the dashboard has no indication. What did is they tuned up the Small Injection Quantity Learning (SIQL).

IMHO, it implies the learning process of the cumputer to suit your driving character. Too much slow running can train the engine to feed small gas and run slow to balance efficiency of gas consumption. So after a slow run (too much iddling and traffic), and you suddenly sprint fast, the engine computer cant respond immediately.

Comments are appreciated. Know your engine and get the best of it.
    That's what Diamond Valle Verde did to my Monty after cleaning the EGR valve. Who is your SA there btw?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    hmmm... actually im just baffled. I have other cars and this is the only one with problems with the headlight moist. My pajero had that problem before but that was because i cleaned the assembly and didnt fully dried the insides with a drier, but it went away after a week.
    At least they bothered to document it, although walang explanation. Like I said, "go figure..." (I mean may kalabuan)

Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    but isnt that a sign of a failing fuel injection system? The only time i experienced that is when the injection pump has leaks.
    If this is the case then it means that my unit has a factory defect because it's just 2 weeks old and has been like that since day 1. But I was expecting it really due to feedback I've heard.

I just read from one of the MSCP threads that something similar is caused by a faulty SVC, but what they are describing is I think is different from what I'm experiencing. I don't have loss of power and the "jerk" is not unpleasant (it's far from the feeling of being bumped from behind), to me that is. I even think it is the max-torque kicking in because it's always at 2k RPM. But I'm not really a car-techy guy so what do I know. Nevertheless I'm really observing everything now since it's new.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Mga sirs hindi gumagana yung steering wheel Audio controls. Meron na ba naka experience nito? Or may setting ba para ma disable yung controls baka kasi na disabled lang?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Mga sirs hindi gumagana yung steering wheel Audio controls. Meron na ba naka experience nito? Or may setting ba para ma disable yung controls baka kasi na disabled lang?
    Try changing the battery nung audio control. its a small round battery.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sushiboye46 View Post
    Try changing the battery nung audio control. its a small round battery.

Ok sir thanks! Di ko alam na may battery pala yun. Check ko na lang po sa manual

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    That's what Diamond Valle Verde did to my Monty after cleaning the EGR valve. Who is your SA there btw?
    Look for ronie................ nice guy...cool kahit galit ka na...

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    At least they bothered to document it, although walang explanation. Like I said, "go figure..." (I mean may kalabuan)

If this is the case then it means that my unit has a factory defect because it's just 2 weeks old and has been like that since day 1. But I was expecting it really due to feedback I've heard.

I just read from one of the MSCP threads that something similar is caused by a faulty SVC, but what they are describing is I think is different from what I'm experiencing. I don't have loss of power and the "jerk" is not unpleasant (it's far from the feeling of being bumped from behind), to me that is. I even think it is the max-torque kicking in because it's always at 2k RPM. But I'm not really a car-techy guy so what do I know. Nevertheless I'm really observing everything now since it's new.

that is a problem. jerking maybe a slide in the cluthch

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.