New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 282 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bisoy,

our carnival is a 2001 LS model with 45,000+ kms. on it. total cost of the repair was 3k. mura lang yung mga piyesa, P/S repair kit & Fan Belts. ang mahal yung labor.

Gen1 carnival owners may control ba kayo A/C thermostat nio? wala ung sa amin. parang laging nakagay sa coldest setting, at wala rin yung heater.

pwede kaya yung bagong oil chain na yun para sa gen1.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    Yung gen 1 and gray gen2 units meron din ba kayong RRHEATER button, when pressed, switches on a heater blower around the legs of the rear passenger cabin? That should be quite good for people in Baguio! But seems the heat is not controlled?
    Yong lahat na original Carnival badge (Gray Market unit), lahat sila may RRHEATER switch as you mentioned. The heat is not controlled, kasi blower lang siya.

Yong local sedonal model (Badge as Sedona), they removed it including the heater module sa aircon.

I also asked here regarding the problem of Oil Chain, at ang sabi sa akin it cause daw ng normal wear-and-tear but they recomend it to replace every 100K even if walang problema. Also, low oil level can also cause the problem.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    change oil chain every 100k? ilan dito ang naputulan na at ano yung tinakbo nyo? how do u drive rin pala? kakatakot naman to. puro long distance driving pa naman ako.... tsk tsk tsk.....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bisoy
    change oil chain every 100k? ilan dito ang naputulan na at ano yung tinakbo nyo? how do u drive rin pala? kakatakot naman to. puro long distance driving pa naman ako.... tsk tsk tsk.....
    Although, this is not mentioned on the manual but just a recomendation. If you religiously change oil between 5K and using a good full synthetic oil then wala sakit ng ulo.

According to service center, marami daw ang dahilan ng maagang failure ng engine parts, like what you said, driving condition, preventive maintenance schedules etc.

Heto yong personal kong PM/Guidelines sa Sedona ko:
    1. For TCI engines, always wait about 3-5 minutes before switching off the engine. More if you drive hard, overloaded and uphill driving. Kung mayroon kang turbo timer, much better.
    2. I change oil every 4500K. (why? Kasi, I added the all time the engine were idling--just approximating)
    3. Never use any fuel or oil additives
    4. replace fuel filter assemble every PMS (Dami kong Stock)
    5. I use K&N Airfilter
    6. Installed Oil-Catch system
    7. Installed a boost and vacuum gauge (for checking only and borloloy)

Question/Reaction are welcome

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    hi guys, Update lang. My mechanics in my motorpool confirms the fuel knock mentioned by Kia. May dumi daw sa injection pump. If I dont have it fixed, eventually its going to create more damage. They don't know also how the dirt got in there if ever it is dirt. One mechanic suggested to unload the gas tank and load regular diesel instead of biodiesel and see if the noise goes away. I told him how would that help if they say there is clogging that is causing the noise. 2nd, Kia says there is no access to the injectors unlike isuzu diesels. Nagsuggest yung isang mekaniko yung superior additive ipasok sa hose after the fuel filter going into the injection pump. I am scheduled to meet with the australian supplier this 3pm to have it done. Will keep you posted.

Yung gen 1 and gray gen2 units meron din ba kayong RRHEATER button, when pressed, switches on a heater blower around the legs of the rear passenger cabin? That should be quite good for people in Baguio! But seems the heat is not controlled?

Regarding the oil chain, from what I understood with Kia, when they were informed of such problem, they replaced those gen1 with the new chain design, so I assume pwede palitan, I just forgot to ask if any modifications are also needed aside from the chain.

Hi Chris,

Just asking, as to what kind of sound where you hearing? Buzzing? And when during regular driving, can you hear the sound inside of the vehicle? salamat daan bay...

Gregg

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensio
    Although, this is not mentioned on the manual but just a recomendation. If you religiously change oil between 5K and using a good full synthetic oil then wala sakit ng ulo.

According to service center, marami daw ang dahilan ng maagang failure ng engine parts, like what you said, driving condition, preventive maintenance schedules etc.

Heto yong personal kong PM/Guidelines sa Sedona ko:
    1. For TCI engines, always wait about 3-5 minutes before switching off the engine. More if you drive hard, overloaded and uphill driving. Kung mayroon kang turbo timer, much better.
    2. I change oil every 4500K. (why? Kasi, I added the all time the engine were idling--just approximating)
    3. Never use any fuel or oil additives
    4. replace fuel filter assemble every PMS (Dami kong Stock)
    5. I use K&N Airfilter
    6. Installed Oil-Catch system
    7. Installed a boost and vacuum gauge (for checking only and borloloy)

Question/Reaction are welcome

boss, are u sure abt using synthetic oil? coz i read somewhere in this thread na the casa does not approve the use of synthetics daw.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bisoy:: That's weird, since the service advisors at Wheels New Manila were the ones who recommended that fully synthetic oil be used when I first had my PMS done 3 years ago, and they've been using fully synthetic until my warranty expired last June.

Lensio:: Ganun kadumi ba yung diesel sa RP at kailangan every PMS ang palit ng fuel filter? Kunsabagay, nagpapalit din ako ng air filter every PMS, at konti lang naman ang price difference ng air filter sa fuel filter, pero kailangan ba talaga o playing safe lang?

Also, my local Sedona still has the rear heater button, and the front heater still works too. It's very useful during cold, rainy nights and when we have to leave in the early morning.

Guys:: Silly newbie question, but what exactly is the recommended tire inflation pressure for the Sedona. I just realized that my unit doesn't have any sticker or markings on the door pillar or elsewhere stating this information. What tire pressure do you guys use?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bisoy,
    my erpat overtakes a lot whenever possible. given na ang lakas ng hatak pag may turbo na, ayun madalas overtake sa highways. so biglabigla yung changes ng rpm. i read on a website na malakas nga yung turbo pero malakas din sa engine wear.
    tapos syempre sa manila stop/go traffic which is masama din. cguro dapat lang proper maintenance proportional sa driving conditions/style.
    yung sa synthetic naman, di ko alam kung may basis yung advise nung service advisor ko, I think personal opinion nya lang yun.

may rrheater din yung sakin. yung thermostat naman, digital na, eto yung napansin ko sa local at dun sa gray unit. parang knobs ata yung sa local while yung gray units naman naka push button. yung sedona po bang bago binago na nila?
    kaya di mo masisi mga tao bumili ng gray unit kasi ang dami nilang tinatanggal tapos mas mahal pa ng konti. yun nga lang walang warranty.

altec,
    is there a possibilty na yung additive might melt yung mga rubber gaskets kaya eventually nagiging dumi. ive read an article before about additives melting gaskets etc...wala lang just thinking how the dirt got in

lensio, ang ganda na cguro ng carnival mo! straight from korea mga accesories mo (syempre mas mura at mas maraming choices) kakainggit ka naman. pa post na lang sir nung pix pag na install mo na.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Trendy, nope I don't use additive, except BD2. Just got back from the motorpool. We put in additive from the fuel filter hose into the injection pump. HINDI nawala ang ingay. Shet! According to the Australian, it doesn't sound like the injection pump. That's his opinion. Ako'y litong lito na.

Greg, the noise is like a slight tappet sound that also sound like some noisy bearing or metal to metal rattle. It disappears when you pump the fuel filter, but reappears after a few seconds. He claims that by pumping, it creates more pressure that's why the noise goes away. Why he has doubts the problem is the injection pump because my car doesn't have any blue, white, or black smoke even when revved beyond 3000rpm, plus the idling is very fine and normal. Ewan ko ba. Tapos may nakita pang konting oil coming out of the hose clamp from the turbo.

The additive that was put in will not melt the gaskets, kasi konti lang and it will get diluted with the existing fuel. It is with continuous pure blend na delikado, that through time, makakatunaw sa gasket.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks for the inputs guys. this is really a great thread (and site).

trendy, kamusta naman ang PMS schedule ng sasakyan nyo? do you guys follow it all the time?

im not new to the car world in general thats why i ask re the use of synthetics. what the supervisor said abt it not being good to the engine is something contradicting to what i know kasi.

synthetics are good. in fact, they are very good oil. the only problem here is how people perceive abt synthetics. just because the label says you dont have to change oil til 100,000kms, doesnt mean wala ka nang ibang gagawin. we also have to take into consideration yung atmosphere sa us/germany or kung saan ito ginawa at dito sa pinas. considered severe sa atin kaya il will not last that long too.

what makes synthetics better than mineral oil is that it has higher tolerance to heat and better lubricity. but this doesnt mean na kung naka synthetics tayo, di na tayo magpapalit ng oil filter. the least you can do is change your oil filter every 5,000kms pa din. oil accumulates dirt at pag bumara or nabutas ang oil filter, engine overhaul ang katapat nyan.

i also know that when a car is on boost, mas mainit ito. hence, synthetics are the better oil since hindi umiiba ang viscosity nya kahit sa high temp. kaya nagtataka lang ako doon sa service supervisor. tingin ko kahit semi synthetic tapos change oil every 5,000kms is more than enough. kung naka full synthetics, max i would give it is 15,000kms and thats it. check mo yung oil.... sobrang itim na nyan.

oil has three uses sa engine natin: lubricate, cool it down and clean it. oil is part of the car's cooling system. the better the oil, the less friction it has, the cooler the engine becomes. not all people know the third use of oil.... cleaning agent. oil has cleaning detergent and the oil used in diesel oil has more cleaning detergent since the fuel used (diesel) is not so clean compared to petrol. kung mapapansin nyo, kahit bagong change oil ka, run your engine kahit 1 minute lang... you will notice iitim yan kaagad. aside from the fuel used, may mga particles rin galing sa labas na di maiiwasan na makapasok sa engine. most probable leak is the intake system.

by not changing oil, the lubricity of synthetic oil may not deteriorate pero ang dumi and cleaning agent nito nawawala na.

hope this helps.....

keep your inputs coming guys.... i want to know more abt my new (old) carnival tnx sa inyo

The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [ARCHIVE]