New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 282 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    diesoline, I also thought about the crdi. What I was afraid of is the notoriety of korean durability (or the lack of). So I decided to get the local unit and go after the warranty. With the warranty, you can insist to have your car fixed like new even up to 2years 11 months and 29 days. So far, the casa has been quite accomodating for the little irritating problems I have encountered with my unit.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by altec
    excessive body roll means when curving, it tilts more than what we expect to be normal. You will notice that if you go through potholes or if you go through a hump na di diretso. It has a tendency to sway. What I did is just be conscious about it and not let it be too much sway. Malambot ang shocks and if you drive it through the hump at a fast clip, may tendency mag-bottom out ang front shocks, so drive slow.
    oh, so that's body roll. i haven't observed this much with my unit, but maybe that's because i tend to go reeeeaaal slow on corners. hindi ko rin naman napapansin na nag-ti-tilt sya sa mga curve like the one before the NLEX Balintawak exit and along Elliptical Road.

But yes, I agree that the shocks are rather soft and that the front sometimes scrapes the road/hump when I travel too fast... still, it makes for a comfortable ride, especially on long drives through the country. My kids can usually sleep through the entire trip from NLEX to Tarlac

Oh, and the Sedona really responds well to biodiesel mixed with the low-sulfur diesel of SeaOil.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mikey, what biodesiel are you using, what dose/ratio, and what did you notice before and after?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ive got a 2000 kia carnival A/t with 100,000kms on the clock. I owned it since brand new.

So far i have replaced/fixed the

rack ends 100,000 km
    Shocks 95t km
    brake pads every 20t km
    brake overhaul 80t km
    A/C evaporator replacement and A/C seals 70t km
    Tires every 40t km
    foglight bulbs
    Engine belts 65tkm
    Engine camcover seal 40tkms (warranty)
    Busted alternator cable
    Batteries every 18 months
    broken rear door handle.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by altec
    mikey, what biodesiel are you using, what dose/ratio, and what did you notice before and after?
    I use Senbel biodiesel at a 5% blend. The thing I've noticed most is that this stuff really makes my wallet grow thin quickly Other than that, I think its still too early for me to comment on its effectiveness, as I've only used up one carabouy of the stuff since two months ago. I can't say that the acceleration is more peppy, since mabilis naman talaga yung acceleration ng Sedona for a diesel. Perhaps all I can say is that the little amount of white smoke that my ride produced before during cold starts has been virtually removed. Perhaps I'll have more info when I bring the unit in for its 25,000-km PMS next month.

BTW, correction on my earlier post... I have a 2002 model, not 2003, and it has nearly 24,000-km on its odometer.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    all you folks here have been really helpful. thanks mucho. i have checked the this thread several times the past few days but was unable to reply because of all the last minute christmas frenzy. i hope to be able to post again after all the hubbub calms down.

mikey177: i've got a g26 too!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diesoline , sikuya..i also own a carnival ...its a 2001 model with auto trans. you'd be amazed at how fast it can go..

theres a thread here before about what the fastest speed you did on a diesel vehicle..and one of the top guns are troopers, land cruisers & carnivals/sedonas. me personally i've managed to push it 150 kmh w/ aircon on and 4 persons onboard including me. i think ijd180 squeezed 170 kmh with his carnival. and the engine still has a lot of oomph to spare..

about the body roll...maybe altec was pushing it too hard. its a minivan not a car..name me a minivan that doesn't have body roll when you drive it fast through a corner.

it now has 27000 kms on the odo: so far i have replaced/repaired the ff:

brake pads
    rack & pinion hi-pressure hose
    rotor discs(warped them already)
    airbag module assembly(under warranty)

don't hesitate to ask questions...we tsikoteers are always glad to help..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    benchph1: i read somewhere in the past threads that there is a drop-in filter replacement by k&n for the sedona. were you the one who posted that or mikey177?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was the one...and mikey177 was asking me where i bought it.

it was a bit expensive..but it was worth the extra power gained

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    benchph1,

Interested ako sa K&N filter na yan. Where can I get one and how much. Did it really make a difference sa power? describe mo naman.

thanks
    Ijd180

The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [ARCHIVE]