New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the additional input, bro itlog (that really sounds weird... hehe)! Unfortunately, if ever I do choose the Carens, the CRDi EX AT will be out of my budget. I'll have to settle for the CRDi LX AT (even the CVVT EX AT is kinda out of my budget range), which is unfortunate because I would have loved to have roof rails, alloy wheels and fog lamps....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Wow, thanks so much for all of the replies to my concerns! I'm so glad that the people here are extremely helpful to even newbies like me.

At least I can say that despite the lone negative post about the Carens that I saw, my apprehensions about it have been laid to rest somewhat. In any case, I'll take my time to mull over everything before I finally decide. Would anyone know if there will be any price increases in the immediate future though?
    last time i talked to our sales rep (around 3 weeks ago, nagpakabit kasi kami ng backing sensor eh, BTW, got our unit from Kia Libis), she said na there could be a price increase of 10% for the start of the year. Also, if you're planning to get one, try to get it as soon as possible, they're replacing the 2007 models with the 2008 ones, medyo may mga binawas (they were already displaying a 2008 model LX/AT at Kia Libis), although it shouldn't be a major change or anything, one thing that strikes me the most is the instrument panel, on the 2008 its black, on the 2007, its gray. Also, yung ceiling lights, toggle switch na, sa 2007 3 separate buttons (On, Door, Off), I find the 3 buttons easier to use. As for the foot brake (handbrake), wala na yung lever for release, you just have to step on it again to release it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mqavila, hehe... i must admit medyo weird feeling nga pero alam mo na dito, may lemon law nga pero di naman nila nae-enforce ng husto...

try to haggle the roof rails na rin into your quote. or you can pay extra for them. i was told, when i inquired sa kia new manila, they can locally install the roof rails themselves daw, along with the fog lamps. i heard some buyers added extra na lang for these stuff. parang P6k for the fog lamps pero don't know about the rails.

madali na lang yung mags later on.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    lately, ang dami ko na nakikitang carens sa daan, so congrats sa mga bagong owners! sa mga nag-iisip pa well, just keep on researching and test driving (i had 3 test drives and more than a month of research before buying).

our carens is getting better each day, FC seems to have settled at 11 km/li (mix city/highway/slex traffic) with highs of 16km/li (late night driving along nlex) speed is 80-120 km/h, siguro mas matipid kung maintained at 85 yung speed, nakaka antok nga lang pag mabagal lang takbo.

nabasa ko dito yung nag post sa kia forum. I visit that forum too and the guy PMed me of his "trouble" with the carens. basically low ground clearance lang naman at "noisy engine" ang complain nya, pinahaba lang nya. i have a hunch he is comparing the engine noise to that of a gas sedan, unfair naman yun. ang masasabi ko, the carens is the most quiet among diesels I've driven (revo, highlander, trooper) yung ground clearance naman, we like it the way it is. About the "hingap ang makina" thing, I advise that guy to use the tiptronic shifter kasi baka naka 1st gear pa kahit 2K+ rpm na, plus I clarified his (NVH) espectation from a crdi engine, well... di na sya sumagot e. He stoped posting in the Kia forum too.

the carens/rondo has been getting positive reviews from just about any reviewer I've read so... it must be good!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bro pulang itlog, once again, thanks for your inputs. Thats actually a good idea - getting the LX but haggling for roof rails and fog lamps. I dont mind not getting the alloy wheels - it will make it easier for me to choose different wheels later on to further dress up the Carens (Uy, parang decided na... hehehe).

Last question for now (for everyone): within Metro Manila, which Kia sales & service center do you think I should go to? I live in Quezon City so I guess the ones that would be near enough for me to go to would be: Esguerra, Quezon Ave, Libis, Greenhills, New Manila. But of course, I would prefer going to the ones with the best promos and/or freebies.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Any recommended dealer in the QC Area, near Mindanao Ave... Hopefuly they provide test drive. I'll be going home to Phils for a vacation next week hopefully can get a chance to test drive.
    I read the reviews and feedback, pero iba pa rin kung ma-experience ko yung ride before making a decision.

Salamat in advance.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jds View Post
    Any recommended dealer in the QC Area, near Mindanao Ave... Hopefuly they provide test drive. I'll be going home to Phils for a vacation next week hopefully can get a chance to test drive.
    I read the reviews and feedback, pero iba pa rin kung ma-experience ko yung ride before making a decision.

Salamat in advance.
    you can try KIA Novaliches ,PASIG or CUBAO. di ko lang alam sa ibang dealers pero sagana itong mga ito sa test drive. di mahirap magpa schedule.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crichton View Post
    you can try KIA Novaliches ,PASIG or CUBAO. di ko lang alam sa ibang dealers pero sagana itong mga ito sa test drive. di mahirap magpa schedule.

Thanks bro crichton! How about Kia Libis? Any idea if it's easy to get a test drive there? And if their sales reps are helpful?

On another note, I'm not sure if one of my concerns have already been addressed but I was just wondering if spare parts for the Carens are readily available? In the event that I actually buy the Carens and something needs to be replaced, will the spare parts be immediately available or will there be a waiting time for this (especially since the Carens is not even locally assembled here)? If ever kasi, this will be my only car (i'll be selling off my Sentra to help pay for the new car) and I would hope that there won't be long stretches of time when I won't have the use of a car...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Thanks bro crichton! How about Kia Libis? Any idea if it's easy to get a test drive there? And if their sales reps are helpful?

On another note, I'm not sure if one of my concerns have already been addressed but I was just wondering if spare parts for the Carens are readily available? In the event that I actually buy the Carens and something needs to be replaced, will the spare parts be immediately available or will there be a waiting time for this (especially since the Carens is not even locally assembled here)? If ever kasi, this will be my only car (i'll be selling off my Sentra to help pay for the new car) and I would hope that there won't be long stretches of time when I won't have the use of a car...
    di ko lang sigurado sa Libis kung OK din pero parang may nag post na dito dati na sa Libis nya nakuha unit nya, di ko lang sure kung sino.

concern ko din yung availability ng parts. di natin sya ma cocompare sa other jap makes. if this happens, i just hope na merong service unit from the dealer.

btw, bumili ako rain gutters sa banawe. some shops di alam yung carens

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parts availability I think is not a problem. All Kia and Hyundai cars almost share components and its all made by Hyundai mobis.

2007 Kia Carens [ARCHIVE]