New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 105 of 655 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I am using delo gold ultra right now my altis 2004. Performance is good, engine reduces noise. However, I read some posts here that delo gold ultra seems not really safe for gasoline engines with regards to TBN. I am due for my change oil soon, should I stick with delo gold ultra or what big bang on the buck motor oil would you recommend. I had used HX7 blue before delo gold ultra. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    quick question folks, whats the downside of mixing FS with Mineral oils?
    Reason I ask is that I have 3.4L of FS oil at home now, i need around 5L for our altis. was thinking of adding mineral based oil to complete the required 5L.
    Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    anyone here using petron rev-x all terrain fully synthetic.
    ito specs niya

Grade
    SAE 5W-40
    Type / Quality Level
    API CJ-4/SM
    ACEA E4/E9-08
    CAT ECF-2/ECF-3
    Cummins 20081
    MB 229.31

retails at P480/liter sa petron station.

Petron

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    I think RP is much better. Ung Mobil Delvac 1 as I have read in some of the relpies here, nasa group 3 daw ito na classified as highly refined mineral oil only. Kindly correct me if it's wrong.
    User of Delvac1 here, actually silang dalawa pinagpipilian ko nung magshift ako sa FS (HPS brand ng RP vs Delvac1) since halos pareho lng sila ng price per liter (P750). Problem with RP is di ko makita specs nung oil and approval ratings nya plus availability niya is not that reliable. You wont go wrong with any of those 2 oils naman siguro. Try to scan the BITOG site marami silang kuro kuro regarding sa grouping ng mga oils.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    team, anong langis kasi yung may mataas na detergent? Gagamitin ko lang sana pang-quick flush sa engine ng altis.
    thanks.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    HKS is acutally a good synthetic oil based on the feedback in this forum.
    The problem with HKS is that you cant find any info on its specs regarding its TBN, SAPS etc. So even if there are many testimonials that says its a good oil we still need concrete evidence and black & white specs from the manufacturer to say its a good oil. I wish there is an independent party that will post the virgin oil analysis and used oil analysis of the HKS so we can tell how it really fares in the real world. I read somewhere that the ones distributed here in the Philippines are repacked in Thailand. If you open the HKS site, you wont even see the ones here in their website...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bayen View Post
    team, anong langis kasi yung may mataas na detergent? Gagamitin ko lang sana pang-quick flush sa engine ng altis.
    thanks.
    Hey, brian. What year model is your altis? Just curious why you need 5L of engine oil. The 3ZZFE and 1ZZFE uses 3.5L eng oil... No idea with the latest Altis dual vvti eng oil volume though...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bayen View Post
    thanks.
    Any diesel engine oil will do naman. Pwedeng Delo

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Any diesel engine oil will do naman. Pwedeng Delo
    got it. yung mumurahin lang gagamitin ko idol. sayang namang kasi. pang flush lang.

Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    Hey, brian. What year model is your altis? Just curious why you need 5L of engine oil. The 3ZZFE and 1ZZFE uses 3.5L eng oil... No idea with the latest Altis dual vvti eng oil volume though...
    actually tancha ko lang yun idol. ang alam ko kasi 4.2 liters yung sa altis namin (1zzFE). then am also planning to use a bigger than OEM filter. yung oem kasi 200ml lang laman, the one am planning to use (B178) i guestimate mga nasa 400 to 500ml yung laman.
    tanchahan lang din talaga. para lang din hindi ako mabitin.

quaker state is the one i have at home now, mga 3.4 liters yata now yun. so kahit siguro mga 1 liter lang bilhin ko pandagdag pwede na.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Oh I see. In that case, using a Baldwin B178 on a 3ZZFE will now require 3.8L eng oil. A good inexpensive upgrade if I may say. Just installed baldwin BT223 & mobil1 0W-40 fully synthetic on my 9th gen. I opted to use mobil1 for now as i have seen & liked its technical data sheet. I was initially using the HKS Super Response 10W38, however, i cannot find any site that reveals about its tech data specs so I dont know if its a really good oil despite its name brand. Anybody here who can share the tech specs of the locally distributed HKS oils? Itching to know its TBN, SAPS, etc.

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?