New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 154 of 235 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    How often do we need to replace the injectors and have the injection pump calibrated assuming the car travels about 10,000 kms every year on the average?
    If you maintain your engine properly and use good fuel filters, the fuel injection system is serviced during engine overhaul.

However I have noticed some injection systems which cannot reach this service interval. It sometimes depends on the type of car.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Got any tips for this?

Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    how would you clean a diesel turbo intercooler properly (inside)? gasoline? kerosene? solvents? does a liquid engine degreaser safe for it?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zecand View Post
    Dieseldude,
    hi sir, nag baklas ako ng turbo para linisin, DIY, nakita ko sa isang website paano ito baklasin at linisin. naging maayos naman sir un buong process nang pag baklas at pag balik ng turbo. nakita ko na naka baklas ang isang tubo papunta sa intercooler sa harapan. ikinabit ko ito. double check ng mga connection ng tubo all are good to go. testing na. may bigla akong narinig na parang humuhigop sa harapan. lumalakas kapag tumataas din ang RPM ko. never ko itong narinig since noong nakuha ko ito. my ride is toyota-estima. un performance nya naman maganda, maganda po ang response ng estima ko at ok un turbo. maririnig mo ang turbo whislin at around 50kph and above. smooth din and shifting nya. I did blank the EGR and un parang throttle plate para gumanda ang takbo, gumanda naman po. un ingay lang sa harap. but i checked the hoses again. tama naman. I also downloaded the manual para macheck maige kung tama ang lagay ko.

bakit po kaya maingay un sa harap? may sira/butas po kaya un intercooler?if ever, pwde po ba itong palitan ng mas malaking intercooler?
    normal po ba ito sa isang sasakyan na may turbo tulad ng estima?

thanks in advance.
    Wala akong experience sa Toyota Estima.

Regarding sa humihigop na tunog, check for loose hose clamps, leaking/damaged intake air hose/s, or wrong air plumbing setup.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    good day again sir DD,

just recently, my 4d56 turbodiesel cuts out when accelerated suddenly or when revved constantly at high rpm.....ang nangyari is below empty na yung gage, kinargahan ko 2T (about 50 ml) then drive 10 km to the gas station. tried to overtake then engine suddenly cuts out. suspected it was air in the lines (due to low fuel level), but after filling up the tank still cuts out at sudden acceleration and constant high rpms about 3-5 times on our trip dito sa province. been a user of 2T months before fyi.

changed my fuel filter last october at napansin ko days after the filter change e nagjejerk ang engine when throttle is released suddenly from a high rpm but doesn't jerk if throttle is released relatively slow.

observed too that the engine feels a little sluggish.

is this a simple air entering the fuel system problem? i hope that the injection pump won't give up the ghost yet,

would a soft hose connecting the tank to the water separator-filter assembly contribute to the problem?

thanks in advance dude!!!!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Wala akong experience sa Toyota Estima.

Regarding sa humihigop na tunog, check for loose hose clamps, leaking/damaged intake air hose/s, or wrong air plumbing setup.
    ok po sir.. na-check ko na.. no visible problem on the clamps and hoses.. pero meron po talaga hangin..

and pahabol po.. sorry..
    irratic idling po.
    3ct po ang makina ko.. nag 900-1300pm although off ang AC. naglalaro ang idle ko ng 1000-1300RPM baba-taas po. malamig man or mainit ang makina.. pag nagsumpong all through-out ng byahe is 1100RPM and above and di sya bababa dun. Pag minsan naman sir. nasa 800 RPM lang or nasa tamang idling. ano po kaya ang problema.

thanks po sa help. ^_^

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    Got any tips for this?
    I use kerosene.....

You have to thoroughly drain the intercooler of any liquid and dry it too.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zecand View Post
    ok po sir.. na-check ko na.. no visible problem on the clamps and hoses.. pero meron po talaga hangin..

and pahabol po.. sorry..
    irratic idling po.
    3ct po ang makina ko.. nag 900-1300pm although off ang AC. naglalaro ang idle ko ng 1000-1300RPM baba-taas po. malamig man or mainit ang makina.. pag nagsumpong all through-out ng byahe is 1100RPM and above and di sya bababa dun. Pag minsan naman sir. nasa 800 RPM lang or nasa tamang idling. ano po kaya ang problema.

thanks po sa help. ^_^
    Baka may vacuum leak ka sa air intake system. Ito ang pinakamadalas na dahilan kung erraric ang low idle rpm.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    good day again sir DD,

just recently, my 4d56 turbodiesel cuts out when accelerated suddenly or when revved constantly at high rpm.....ang nangyari is below empty na yung gage, kinargahan ko 2T (about 50 ml) then drive 10 km to the gas station. tried to overtake then engine suddenly cuts out. suspected it was air in the lines (due to low fuel level), but after filling up the tank still cuts out at sudden acceleration and constant high rpms about 3-5 times on our trip dito sa province. been a user of 2T months before fyi.

changed my fuel filter last october at napansin ko days after the filter change e nagjejerk ang engine when throttle is released suddenly from a high rpm but doesn't jerk if throttle is released relatively slow.

observed too that the engine feels a little sluggish.

is this a simple air entering the fuel system problem? i hope that the injection pump won't give up the ghost yet,

would a soft hose connecting the tank to the water separator-filter assembly contribute to the problem?

thanks in advance dude!!!!
    Check for air bubbles on your fuel suction line. Remove the black rubber hose between the fuel filter and injection pump, and replace this with a transparent plastic hose. Inspect for air bubbles.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Baka may vacuum leak ka sa air intake system. Ito ang pinakamadalas na dahilan kung erraric ang low idle rpm.
    sir kaya po ba itong gawin sa inyo?
    possible to get your info/loc/number?
    maraming salamat po.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Check for air bubbles on your fuel suction line. Remove the black rubber hose between the fuel filter and injection pump, and replace this with a transparent plastic hose. Inspect for air bubbles.
    Good day sir DD,

as per your instructions, i revved the engine several times and engine cuts off i.e. shut down (twice) after releasing the throttle quickly. but if i release the throttle slowly, no jerking of the engine. at idle speed, i can see an "air pocket" that is not moving in the clear hose. but when i rev it at high rpms, stream of bubbles (air) start to flow. what's the problem then? should i replace the priming pump as well as the filter? even with numerous pumping of the priming pump, no fuel flows at the air bleed screw. yet it starts easily as long as i preheat the cylinder on cold mornings. just this engine cutting off at high rpms.

plus there's this leak (for more than 2 years now) at the fuel adjustment screw (if i'm not mistaken). the "screw" or "whatever that part is" which is below the boost compensator. the injection pump is i think VE41 as per numerous search on the internet. i know it's not the only one but it says diesel kiki on the side. would this leak problem get me stranded at the side of the road in the near future? i hope not.

thanks in advance.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk