New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 235 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    sir ive noticed when i was in batangas that a smell of gas was emanating from the hood of our pajero and spotted traces of diesel on one of the injectors. Could this be a busted bushing? (are there?) And can I change the fan of the intercooler because the blade is hitting the injector? I think the intercooler fan was deliberately replaced last 2 years ago when the mechanic changed my cylinder head

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Uhm whats the use of turbo timer? And can we clean the turbo by ourselves?
    And is there any settings to get the fuel consumption me economically? 4D56t Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    And also that my Idle is high most likely at 900rpm "P mode" 800-850rpm in "N Mode" 800rpm in "D Mode" on the hood it only says normal is 750rpm. Do you think these cause my higher fuel consumption? mine is 6-8km per liter. 4-6 "city"
    8km on highway i think. light footed 1,500rpm to 1,900rm. Pajero Gen2 4D56t
    Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sir Diesel Dude,

i have a ford trekker 2002 and i think i messed up with my noozle tips. may i ask what's the original noozle tip number of this pickup? my mechanic put a denso 121 i think and its acting weird, idle is rough, power is gone and its emitting black smoke too. some mechanic said that ranger uses zexel instead but they're not sure what number. plz help. tnx a lot.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Hi Cocoy,

You should normally put in original ...130 nozzles as these are factory-recommended. I don't know if using ...112 nozzles has caused your problem as we haven't tried doing it this way.

I suggest that you ask the workshop which calibrated your injectors to assist you on your complaint. Workshops normally give warranty on their jobs. Did you have your injection pump calibrated too?

If they cannot help you, I would approach the problem this way:
    1. I would check the condition of my air filter.
    2. Recheck injection pump to engine timing
    3. Check turbocharger boost
    4. Check/calibrate injection pump
    5. Replace nozzles with original ones
    We can do all these but it will cost you. So I suggest that you first seek help from the workshop which originally repaired your fuel ijection system.

Bye,

Dieseldude
    thanks for the info sir... i finally replaced the injector nozzle tips to the 130 original number. i still feel its doesnt have the same power as it used to have.. by the way they calibrated the nozzle tips to 130psi.. is this the right pressure?as of now i dnt want to touch the injection pump.. with the 112 nozzle tip installed. would it have affected the injection pump? thnk you again sir for your help..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi dieseldude! heaven sent ka, i just hope maka reply ka sa problem ko. Ive just have problem with my 2003 trooper 4JX1, my problem is that it has rough idling at idling speed, abd it cant go beyond 2.5 rpm. what are the possible problems and parts that need to be replaced? and how much will it cost me? medyo down ako ngayon, kya i hope you can help me save a little on my problem. Godbless!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hello Dieseldude,

I never bought a diesel powered vehicle before because of the rough idling and the black smoke emission unitil I drove a friends fortuner and he explained to me the new CRDi technology. I decided to buy 2, a fortuner and a starex this year. And I am happy, because they don't smoke and they have realtively smooth idling performance. Similar to my other gasoline powered vehicles.

Recently I bought a 1992 Toyota LJ72 series 70 land cruiser with a 2LTE engine (2.4L turbo charge with electronic injection) primarily because I have always wanted the looks of the said vehicle. It has been my crush, since a long time ago. Since there are no brand new series 70 vehicles offered in the Philippines, I decided to take the plunge and bought a second hand vehicle for the first time in my life. The vehicle is fine, reliable, 1 click start but the it emits black smoke during hard acceleration, I am not use to this and I am very finicky with my vehicles, Do you offer a checkup or tuneup service in Central Diesel for this specific engine model ? How much do you think would it costs, what exactly do you do when you tune up a diesel engine and how long does it take to do a tuneup? Would you also check the turbo? and other things in the engine.

The vehicle is currently doing repainting, and I will have ARB lockers installed next next week. It will be available by the first week of december. I intend to use the vehicle only very seldom but I want to ensure that it is very reliable as I have very little tolerance for unreliable vehicles. TIA

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Hello Dieseldude,

I never bought a diesel powered vehicle before because of the rough idling and the black smoke emission unitil I drove a friends fortuner and he explained to me the new CRDi technology. I decided to buy 2, a fortuner and a starex this year. And I am happy, because they don't smoke and they have realtively smooth idling performance. Similar to my other gasoline powered vehicles.

Recently I bought a 1992 Toyota LJ72 series 70 land cruiser with a 2LTE engine (2.4L turbo charge with electronic injection) primarily because I have always wanted the looks of the said vehicle. It has been my crush, since a long time ago. Since there are no brand new series 70 vehicles offered in the Philippines, I decided to take the plunge and bought a second hand vehicle for the first time in my life. The vehicle is fine, reliable, 1 click start but the it emits black smoke during hard acceleration, I am not use to this and I am very finicky with my vehicles, Black smoke could be due to a restricted air filter, a bad turbo, or a bad injection pump and/or injectors. Your engine may not be getting sufficient air.

Do you offer a checkup or tuneup service in Central Diesel for this specific engine model? How much do you think would it costs, We can check your Toyota but can't give you an estimate at the moment as we are not yet certain on the cause of your black smoke.

what exactly do you do when you tune up a diesel engine and how long does it take to do a tuneup? Tune-up would basically mean checking valve clearance and injection pump timing.

Would you also check the turbo? and other things in the engine. On-engine checking of your turbo is possible but this is another work scope. We can also perform on-engine electronic diagnostics. We cannot give you a time frame on this as we don't know the problem/s on your engine.

The vehicle is currently doing repainting, and I will have ARB lockers installed next next week. It will be available by the first week of december. I intend to use the vehicle only very seldom but I want to ensure that it is very reliable as I have very little tolerance for unreliable vehicles. TIA I suggest that your have the basic problem checked and corrected before you improve vehicle appearance.
    See my reply as stated above.

Bye,

Dieseldude

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by autofrost View Post
    hi dieseldude! heaven sent ka, i just hope maka reply ka sa problem ko. Ive just have problem with my 2003 trooper 4JX1, my problem is that it has rough idling at idling speed, abd it cant go beyond 2.5 rpm. what are the possible problems and parts that need to be replaced? and how much will it cost me? medyo down ako ngayon, kya i hope you can help me save a little on my problem. Godbless!
    We don't have test or diagnostic capability for this engine as we dont have the Tech2. This is Isuzu's engine fault scanner which is available only to Isuzu service dealers.

From my experince with the 4JX1, the first thing you should do is to make sure that you are using the correct engine oil for your engine. Your air filter may also be blocked. Exhaust catalytic converter may also be blocked by soot / carbon build-up.

Next possible problems are the injectors and/or the rail pressure control valve. This will not be cheap.

I suggest that you bring your vehicle to an Isuzu service dealer. They can solve your problem.

Bye,

Dieseldude

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maedz View Post
    Sir Diesel Dude,

i have a ford trekker 2002 and i think i messed up with my noozle tips. may i ask what's the original noozle tip number of this pickup? my mechanic put a denso 121 i think and its acting weird, idle is rough, power is gone and its emitting black smoke too. some mechanic said that ranger uses zexel instead but they're not sure what number. plz help. tnx a lot.
    I don't know the part number of original nozzles for your Trekker as we haven't seen a lot of Trekkers. These are relatively new vehicles, and your nozzles may still be fine. If you still have your original nozzles, send me the inscriptions on them, or send me your injection pump and injector parts numbers and I can trace the nozzles for you. This engine would most probably be using Zexel nozzles.

Putting in the wrong nozzles will affect engine preformance but not the way you stated it. There may be other problems to be checked, like injection pump timing....... Did you have your injection pump service too?

Bye,

Dieseldude

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk