New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 235 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Stock Isuzu 96 LS 4JA1 Pump. I would like to have it checked kasi mine is using the stock alternator (40amps). I noticed that when the engine is on operating temp, the idle seems unstable. Parang kinakapos. I was thinking that kasi the pump is really old, maybe the wirings or output voltage is no longer in specs.

Thanks Dieseldude
    The throttle potentiometer does not have any effect on the injection pump's performance. It is mounted on top of the pump's throttle shaft to monitor throttle position for EGR (Exhaust gas recirculation) control and/or automatic transmission shift control.

Blocked fuel filter maybe? Or you may have an injection problem as you car is 11 years old, probably with high mileage as well.

Bye,

Dieseldude

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cordi View Post
    Hi Dieseldude.

We have a crdi Starex that happens to consume fuel excessively (about 4km city, 8km highway).

I have already changed oil and oil, fuel and air filters but there seems to be minimal difference.

Do you have equipment that can calibrate the fuel system to a better condition? Do you also have obd for the van?

Thanks!
    As I previously stated on our help desk, fuel consumption depends on so many factors. See my previous postings. Your authorized Hyundai agent can give you some figures on your question.

What is your present mileage? Does your CRDI emit a lot of black smoke?

Oil change will have no significant effect on fuel consumption. A non-original air filter could restrict air to your engine at higher rpms and result in high fuel use.

Yes, we can calibrate your CR pump. We have the equipment to do common rail pumps for Hyundais, Toyotas, etc. But before you consider calibration, I suggest that you consult your local Hyundai dealer about your problem. It is possible that you don't have any problem at all.

Bye,

Dieseldude

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir dieseldude i would just like to ask. whats the use of the 2 green wires coming out of my injector pump is it for the tachometer, and if it is how do i connect one? My engine pala is toyota 3c-t surplus. TIA

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zed2d View Post
    Sir dieseldude i would just like to ask. whats the use of the 2 green wires coming out of my injector pump is it for the tachometer, and if it is how do i connect one? My engine pala is toyota 3c-t surplus. TIA
    I don't have your injection pump's part number, so I can't be sure about these green wires.

But if this is an ordinary Denso VE pump, these wires would most probably be from the speed sensor on your pump. You are also probably correct in assuming that these wires are connected to your tach. You will probably see a 2-wire harness near this sensor.

Bye,

Dieseldude

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir dieseldude

Yes this wire has a harness composed of three wire in a triangular connector one of this wire controls the idle solenoid shut-off valve.
    I have a follow up question what tachometer could i possibly use on these engine and also I need a guide for the wiring of this tach.
    Thanks again for your reply.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zed2d View Post
    Sir dieseldude

Yes this wire has a harness composed of three wire in a triangular connector one of this wire controls the idle solenoid shut-off valve.
    I have a follow up question what tachometer could i possibly use on these engine and also I need a guide for the wiring of this tach.
    Thanks again for your reply.
    Send me the make and part number of your injection pump. Part number will be on the pump dataplate. You may also send me a digital picture of your pump. I can research the 3-wire harness for you tomorrow from our electronic database.

I may not be able to help you on your question on the tachometer as this information is limited to the vehicle manufacturer.

What is the make and model of your engine, and it's vehicle application?
    Are you doing an engine change / modification?

Bye,

Dieseldude

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    sir just want to asked.. i recently changed the nozzle tip of my starex TCI 01 model...but the nozzle tip that we used to replace the original ones have different numbers written on the nozzle tip... the original one is numbered 130,,, and the ones we used to replce it is 112.. which is what they say is used on the L300 engines,would there be a difference... because i have notice that it doesnt seem to have the power that it used to have.. actually it can only go 120km/h now and belching black smoke.. while before i replaced the original ones running 140 was not a problem at all...the model of my engine is the D4BH turbo intercooler...thank you sir for your inputs..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi.to everybody,
    pasensya na po coz firts time na mag post..i have a 2000 starex and at 70/80kph speed mausok ang tambotso .automatic po .please help me naman

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kaong View Post
    hi.to everybody,
    pasensya na po coz firts time na mag post..i have a 2000 starex and at 70/80kph speed mausok ang tambotso .automatic po .please help me naman
    Check / replace your air filter. This is the most common cause for black smoke. If you are not able to correct your problem, it is possible that your injection pump and or injectors are faulty.

Bye,

Dieseldude

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    sir just want to asked.. i recently changed the nozzle tip of my starex TCI 01 model...but the nozzle tip that we used to replace the original ones have different numbers written on the nozzle tip... the original one is numbered 130,,, and the ones we used to replce it is 112.. which is what they say is used on the L300 engines,would there be a difference... because i have notice that it doesnt seem to have the power that it used to have.. actually it can only go 120km/h now and belching black smoke.. while before i replaced the original ones running 140 was not a problem at all...the model of my engine is the D4BH turbo intercooler...thank you sir for your inputs..
    Hi Cocoy,

You should normally put in original ...130 nozzles as these are factory-recommended. I don't know if using ...112 nozzles has caused your problem as we haven't tried doing it this way.

I suggest that you ask the workshop which calibrated your injectors to assist you on your complaint. Workshops normally give warranty on their jobs. Did you have your injection pump calibrated too?

If they cannot help you, I would approach the problem this way:
    1. I would check the condition of my air filter.
    2. Recheck injection pump to engine timing
    3. Check turbocharger boost
    4. Check/calibrate injection pump
    5. Replace nozzles with original ones
    We can do all these but it will cost you. So I suggest that you first seek help from the workshop which originally repaired your fuel ijection system.

Bye,

Dieseldude

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk