New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 235 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    2D Max...

Have your injection pump checked. I suspect that you have a damaged/worn out oil seal and/or drive shaft in your pump. What is happening is...oil coming out in front of your pump going to your timing gears and crankshaft thus increasing your oil level. When your oil becomes diluted, lubricity will deteriorate (it will not be sufficient to lubricste internal engine components) and can cause major engine failure. Better safe than sorry...so have it checked ASAP

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    DIESELDUDE,

i have a ISUZU pick-up LS '94 model. engine is 4JA1. my problem is that my oil level keeps on rising. last change oil, we just used 4.5 liters of oil, and it was in the maximum level. then after 2 weeks, it was 1 inch above the maximum level. now it's 2 inch above the maximum. i consulted a mechanic and said that the diesel fuel might be entering inside the engine, mixing with my engine oil. pls help on this matter. thanks..
    Dude pareho tayo ng sasakyan, 96 nga lang sa akin. I had a problem like yours, oil level is rising. Dieseldude's analysis is right. I had mine repaired at betan. Seals inside the pump are wornout causing fuel to enter the timing gear case.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Try to do it one thing at a time. First, measure your engine's performance at it's present condition. Then add the intercooler and check performance again. Then, do the wastegate adjustment if you really want, and measure again. ........ then injection timing. This way, you can really gauge if improvement was gained in each modification phase.
    thanks dude, will do! that's also what I thought because I really don't want to touch anything in the engine yet. it's just a couple months newly installed. hindi pa nga na submit yung change engine papers sa LTO eh.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *DIESELDUDE
    sir puwede po bang kabitan ng turbo booost gauge yung strada namin 4d56intercooler turbo and vacuum thank you po

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by adventure View Post
    *DIESELDUDE
    sir puwede po bang kabitan ng turbo booost gauge yung strada namin 4d56intercooler turbo and vacuum thank you po
    Of course you can install a boost gauge. Ideal location is after the intercooler as this is the true pressure your engine is receiving. Boost pressure will be slightly higher before the intercooler than after the intercooler.

A compound gauge (vacuum & Pressure) would be good. Your intake system will be on a sight vacuum when you are at low speed/low load, and will indicate positive pressure as speed and load is increased. A high vacuum reading at high speed & load is a sure sign of a blocked air filter and/or intercooler.

Enjoy your modification,

Dieseldude

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sir dieseldude
    nagkakabit po ba kayo nung mga turbo boost and vacuum sa centraldiesel kasi malapit lang po yan sa school ko and magkano po kaya ang installation

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by adventure View Post
    sir dieseldude
    nagkakabit po ba kayo nung mga turbo boost and vacuum sa centraldiesel kasi malapit lang po yan sa school ko and magkano po kaya ang installation
    Sorry, hindi kami nagkakabit ng boost gauge. Meron ka na ba compound gauge?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Tsikoters,

Sorry for sleeping on this thread.....I have been advised to keep this active. Was out of the country last week for commonrail training. For those who have sent private messages regarding their diesel fuel injection concerns...thank you, and I hope I have been of help to you. Hope to hear from some more of you again soon. Have a good day!!!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i change oil every 5ooo kms pero maitim pa rin usok. then, nagperehistro ako sa lto, pinabomba ng tubig ang tambutso para pumasa raw sa emission test. ok lang ba yun?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by judyang View Post
    i change oil every 5ooo kms pero maitim pa rin usok. then, nagperehistro ako sa lto, pinabomba ng tubig ang tambutso para pumasa raw sa emission test. ok lang ba yun?
    Ok din yun, but your problem still exists. Next step you should take is to check your aircleaner, this could be clogged/restricted. A simple test is for you to run your engine for a while without the aircleaner, and see if the black smoke disappears after a while. If it does. just replace it. I highly recommend that if you do replace, use ORIGINAL brand fit for your vehicle. If that does not solve your problem, you might have to take down your injection pump and injectors for calibration.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk