New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 756
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    367
    #191
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaiey87 View Post
    Two months pa lang po sa akin yung nabili ko na 2nd hand honda city 2002 model.. wala pa po ako alam sa mga oil and oil filters.. ano po ba yung pwede na oil and oil filters para sa kotse ko.. wala po kasi ako makita na manual ng kotse ko online.. hindi ko po alam kung ano yung recommended na oil viscosity and yung oil filter na dapat gamitin.. TIA
    As much as possible stay away from VIC aftermarket filters, the appearance might look good but the performance of the filter media is inferior, Bosch is now outsourcing automotive filters for the 3rd world country markets just so the price could be cheaper and could better penetrate the market.

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,395
    #192
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    As much as possible stay away from VIC aftermarket filters, the appearance might look good but the performance of the filter media is inferior, Bosch is now outsourcing automotive filters for the 3rd world country markets just so the price could be cheaper and could better penetrate the market.
    good gosh! i've been using vic for as long as i can remember...

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,543
    #193
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaiey87 View Post
    Two months pa lang po sa akin yung nabili ko na 2nd hand honda city 2002 model.. wala pa po ako alam sa mga oil and oil filters.. ano po ba yung pwede na oil and oil filters para sa kotse ko.. wala po kasi ako makita na manual ng kotse ko online.. hindi ko po alam kung ano yung recommended na oil viscosity and yung oil filter na dapat gamitin.. TIA
    AFAIK honda is recommending thin oil viscosity 0W20/30 regardless of your car year model. you may consult your SA. personally, i would prefer thicker viscosity. older car like yours malaking possibilty na maka-oil leak sa engine. There are some tsikoteers were using Balwin Oil Filter, I've been using nearly a decade now, highly recommended.

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,543
    #194
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    As much as possible stay away from VIC aftermarket filters, the appearance might look good but the performance of the filter media is inferior, Bosch is now outsourcing automotive filters for the 3rd world country markets just so the price could be cheaper and could better penetrate the market.
    +1 vic quality is good but not great. the filter is manipis vs baldwin. why would you pay less when you can get a better quality for a fraction of the cost...

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,105
    #195
    Pero sa mga net pix mas maraming fleats ang vic compare sa fleetguard n baldwin.

    Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,051
    #196
    ang problema sa baldwin ay availability, mas madali pang bumili ng orig filter sa casa kesa maghanap ng baldwin

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    13,136
    #197
    ^ well hindi naman din gaano bro. Through the years naka establish na din ako ng contacts ako pag kelangan ko na ng baldwin oil filters sa mga sasakyan namin

    to be or not to be, that always confuses me!

  8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,614
    #198
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    ang problema sa baldwin ay availability, mas madali pang bumili ng orig filter sa casa kesa maghanap ng baldwin
    mas mura ba ang OEM?

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,051
    #199
    yan ang importante bro baludoy, reputable source

    bale wala ang presyo bro ninbabes kung wala kang makunan na economically accessible or di mo alam kung peke ang biibili mo

  10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,010
    #200
    Change the engine oil with the correct viscosity and protection level at recommended intervals. Even the best filter cannot filter out acids, gum and varnish formed in the oil

Best Oil/Fuel Filters