New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 117 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Is that the same as the Vic i ordered you?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    Yes sir. Same filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Di ba walang bye pass ang vic?

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    sabi kasi dito sir ng mga experts the more pleats the better. Pag tignan mo pleats ng vic mas madami sya compare baldwin and mas refine pa yung pleats nya

Again I repeat if kasing hina ng filter media mo ang tissue paper or if hindi gaano kaganda ang quality ng construction ng cellulose media kahit gaano pa kadaming pleats ng filter mo kahit umabot pa ng 100+ pleats the end results will still be the same because of the fiber built of the cellulose is not good the contaminants will still pass through since micrometers na sizes ng particles ang pinaguusapan natin.

Please check the links that are confirmed tested by experts.
    A perfunctory inspection may lead one to believe that the Vic filter would be the best in this aspect since it has the tightest spacing between pleats and hence, it should be have a longer filter medium and should consequently also have the greatest filter area. However, more pleats in the element do not necessarily mean more surface area. In fact, too many pleats tightly spaced can end up restricting the flow of oil through those tightly spaced pleats because of insufficient space between the pleats for oil to flow.

I had hoped that one of the lower priced filters would come close to the quality of the construction and materials of the OEM filter, but neither of them can even approximate it. The Replacement filter fails with the inferior quality of its anti-drain-back diaphragm, the poor construction of its filter-element-assembly, the grossly insufficient filter medium, and the inferior design of its by-pass valve; the Ginza Japan filter is not much better than the Replacement “Mazda” filter; the Vic filter meanwhile surpasses the Replacement “Mazda” filter only in the area of the anti-drain-back diaphragm. The Vic variant’s filter-element-assembly cannot be considered to have the same quality as that of the OEM filter because of the inadequate attention given to the spacing of the pleats of the filter element, which as we’ve learned may have ramifications on oil flow. Finally, the by-pass valve on the Vic filter has the same inferior quality as that of the Replacement filter; the Bosch filter’s filter medium is a bit smaller than that of the OEM filter and that of the Vic filter, however it’s pleat spacing is regular and not as closely packed together thus allowing a smooth flow of oil, however, there was excess glue spattered in some of areas of the filter which made appear of low quality. Nonetheless, it remains to be seen how this excess glue can affect performance. The two Honda filters were of acceptable quality with the OEM Honda filter medium having even better quality than that of the Mazda OEM filter. The quality of the Power Long filter is also acceptable, however, a determination cannot be made as to the filtering ability of the stainless steel mesh medium without testing.

By Tuulilasi Finnish Car Magazine Link 1 ------> Oil filter test results!

By Miata Club Philippines President Link 2 ------> Oil Filter Study

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    sabi kasi dito sir ng mga experts the more pleats the better. Pag tignan mo pleats ng vic mas madami sya compare baldwin and mas refine pa yung pleats nya

Chaka how do you know na experts yung mga nagsabi the more paper pleats the better? In the 1st place dvldoc was quoted sa 1st page of this thread that
    "VIC- Very cheaply made, restrictive bypass valve, poor filter media" -dvldoc

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by luffin View Post
    mga sir any feedback po sa maruzen fuel filter?. magkano po kuha niyo sa bosch oil filter? may nabili ako 130 pesos, made in vietnam. orig ba un?. 2000 civic. thanks.
    Nako never use MARUZEN brand of filters they are a house brand of a trading company in the Philippines which targets the lowest segment of CLASS D & E consumers. CIRCUIT and MARUZEN are the trademark of the said trading company which outsourced its parts mostly from China, maraming complain pagdating sa two brands that I've mentioned but sad to say their target is yung masa.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    How about Mann, Baldwin?

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Nako never use MARUZEN brand of filters they are a house brand of a trading company in the Philippines which targets the lowest segment of CLASS D & E consumers. CIRCUIT and MARUZEN are the trademark of the said trading company which outsourced its parts mostly from China, maraming complain pagdating sa two brands that I've mentioned but sad to say their target is yung masa.
    Kind of off topic but nevertheless.

Mir may Circuit na wiper blades na parang Japann quality din. Comparable with bosch counterpart na mga P100+ per piece. Ibang company kaya may gawa nito? I'll take a picture. Sometime red sometimes blue with transparent part plastic ang packaging nila. But defintely not hise china type na brown recycled paper yung back then clear plastic yung front nang package.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Correction lang po pala, *Sir yung sa taas, not Mr. hehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post

Mir may Circuit na wiper blades na parang Japann quality din. Comparable with bosch counterpart na mga P100+ per piece. Ibang company kaya may gawa nito? I'll take a picture. Sometime red sometimes blue with transparent part plastic ang packaging nila. But defintely not hise china type na brown recycled paper yung back then clear plastic yung front nang package.
    Yes medyo off topic na, sorry sir but kilala ko po yung trading company na nagiimport ng Circuit products, and CIRCUIT products are not I REPEAT are not quality products their target market is the class C, D & E market those who can afford cheap products, also alam na alam yan ng lahat ng automotive wholesale & retail shops sa buong Pilipinas na almost lahat ng products ng CIRUIT & MARUZEN brand ay China substandard quality CIRCUIT has products ranging from wiper blades, halogen bulb, auto bulb, relays, horns, ic regulator, radiator cap, ignition coils, fuses, gauges, pcv valve, wiper arm, wiper motor, and many many more which they just import from various factories from China with the lowest possible price and then they repack the product here in the Philippines with Circuit packaging, then this trading company's 2nd brand is MARUZEN which has horns, wiper blade, filters, fuel pump, and etc... the circuit wiper blade only lasts 3-4 months while Japanese brands such as NWB, DENSO, MARUENU & etc... last 1 year or more. If you want facts you could survey the whole banawe area about the CIRCUIT products and they will tell you that these products are targeted to end consumers that prefer to buy cheap products. Also CIRCUIT brand products never mention where the country of origin it is made in and that they just put a fake Japanese address which when you check google or any search engine will end up showing nothing. Hopes this helps.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post

And please take note sir, isa lang pong company ang may rights to sell CIRCUIT and MARUZEN brand since pina trademark niya ang logo and brand name dito sa Philippines, the rest are resellers and retailers.

Best Oil/Fuel Filters