New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 117 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    Balak ko bumili ng JS oil filter. Wala naman siguro fake sa Lazada saka sa Shopee?
    Madami peke sa lazada. Konting backread lang may nagsasabi na may nabiling peke sa lazada.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    Balak ko bumili ng JS oil filter. Wala naman siguro fake sa Lazada saka sa Shopee?
    May mga alam ako kung sino ang authorized dealers ng JS Asakashi filters sa Lazada and Shopee.
    Kapag bumili kayo sa mga link below for sure 100% original kasi naverify ko na sila sa JS Asakashi official distributor, for sure I can assure you 100% from the shops below.

Ito ang mga alam ko authorized dealers ng JS Asakashi:
    Shop at F2 Auto Parts | lazada.com.ph
    Shop at ROADSIDE | lazada.com.ph
    Shop at Hobbies N' Stuff | lazada.com.ph

The rest hindi pa naverify ng distributor ng JS Asakashi.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I think what OJ is saying is how do we know these aftermarket filters have the same flow rates and bypass valve opening pressures as oem? These are equally important as filtration efficiency.
    Mann+Hummel Germany the biggest O.E. manufacturer of filters in the world to major car manufacturers owns WIX Filters company which the company itself is O.E.M. to major car companies such as:
    Alfa Romeo
    Aston Martin
    Audi
    BMW
    Citroen
    Ford
    Harley-Davidson
    Holden
    Jaguar
    Land Rover
    Mercedez Benz
    Nissan & Infiniti
    Porsche
    Renault
    Rolls Royce
    Seat
    Skoda
    Tesla (Yes. Electric vehicles still have filters) - Shocked noh?
    Vauxhall
    Volkswagen
    Volvo

Electric car's filters are different from combustion engine filters. Watch the link below:
    MANN HUMMEL E-Mobility - YouTube video

PS. Mann+Hummel Germany also owns the Purolator brand side by side with WIX.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    May mga alam ako kung sino ang authorized dealers ng JS Asakashi filters sa Lazada and Shopee.
    Kapag bumili kayo sa mga link below for sure 100% original kasi naverify ko na sila sa JS Asakashi official distributor, for sure I can assure you 100% from the shops below.

Thank you sir

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    yung concern kasi ni oj88 eh im using a filter meant for industrial diesel engine tapos ang kotse ko eh gasolina. So a valid concern.

Pero ginagamit ko since 2014 pa and so far ok naman engine.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I finally had the time cut out the JS Asakashi, WIX and VIC oil filters just to see what's inside. I'll post the contents here in a few days.
    Let me tell you a hint, VIC's filter media, glue and pleating is not looking good. Was able to acquire these filters directly from the suppliers.
    If you guys want to know by yourself what's inside VIC filters try buying C-110 or C-306 the biggest demand filters from VIC, cut it out by yourselves and you can see for yourself what's inside a VIC filter.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

suki ako nyan ni hobbies n stuff.. minsan mas ok na bumili online eh kesa sa mga autoshop lalo na kung oil at filter lang.. di na malayo ang presyo..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Mann+Hummel Germany the biggest O.E. manufacturer of filters in the world to major car manufacturers owns WIX Filters company which the company itself is O.E.M. to major car companies such as:
    Alfa Romeo
    Aston Martin
    Audi
    BMW
    Citroen
    Ford
    Harley-Davidson
    Holden
    Jaguar
    Land Rover
    Mercedez Benz
    Nissan & Infiniti
    Porsche
    Renault
    Rolls Royce
    Seat
    Skoda
    Tesla (Yes. Electric vehicles still have filters) - Shocked noh?
    Vauxhall
    Volkswagen
    Volvo

Electric car's filters are different from combustion engine filters. Watch the link below:
    MANN HUMMEL E-Mobility - YouTube video

PS. Mann+Hummel Germany also owns the Purolator brand side by side with WIX.
    Bro my bad I meant to say industrial, not aftermarket. Cummins industrial filters.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; July 25th, 2020 at 06:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Bro my bad I meant to say industrial, not aftermarket. Cummins industrial filters.
    What I mean is that WIX is also an OEM supplier to major car manufacturers, so their products for those car applications are fit with other car manufacturers.

I know what you meant, but I would just like to point out to the other people reading the forums that WIX is a great choice for both two wheels, passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, industrial equipments, marine & etc...

Since WIX is also the O.E.M. of several industrial equipment manufacturers like Caterpillar, Case Construction, Eclid, Allis Chalmers, Terex, Fiat-Allis, John Deere, Ingersoll, International Harvester & etc...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I think what OJ is saying is how do we know these aftermarket filters have the same flow rates and bypass valve opening pressures as oem? These are equally important as filtration efficiency.
    I know OJ is just speaking that he is using Baldwin filters mainly meant for industrial, but maybe he doesn't know the pressure of the bypass valve specified by the car manufacturer about when should it open to let the engine the oil it needs. He thinks maybe if industrial grade filters it is also good for his car which is not quite the case.

I also agree that every part of the filter is as important as the filtration efficiency, not to mention that the anti-drain back valve should be able to keep oil inside the filter in order to prevent a dry start during starting an engine, while the gasket should be able to seal the spin-on oil filter so that the oil would not leak.

I know what you mean bro.

Best Oil/Fuel Filters