New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 117 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Sa 4D56 and 4M40, stock requirement ng Mitsu is double core or bypass filtration na for other manufacturers, single filtration media lang requirement. So using the double core, parang nag upgrade ka ng filter
    Ganito filter ng Vic
    Attachment 34767

Ganito Bosch made in Korea (phased out na ito)
    Attachment 34768

Ganito na Bosch made in Indonesia
    Attachment 34769

It was discussed previously na stacking disc combo filter has better filtration. Hindi ko alam if true or not. Now made in Vietnam na yata Bosch e. Which one is better? You be the judge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that the same as the Vic i ordered you?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    We can check also Nippon Micro's build quality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nipponmicro1.jpg  

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Pag tignan mo mga pics sa net mas marami pang pleats ang vic compared sa mga sikat na oil filter dito sa forum. Tagal ko ng gumagamit vic wala pa naman nag ka problem. Yung ten wheeler truck(hauler) sakura or daiwa oil filter lang ginagamit ko umabot ng 1million kms. Natakbo nya bago na overhaul

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    Pag tignan mo mga pics sa net mas marami pang pleats ang vic compared sa mga sikat na oil filter dito sa forum. Tagal ko ng gumagamit vic wala pa naman nag ka problem. Yung ten wheeler truck(hauler) sakura or daiwa oil filter lang ginagamit ko umabot ng 1million kms. Natakbo nya bago na overhaul

Doesn't mean na masmarami pleats ng filter ibig sabihin mas maganda, pano kung hindi maganda yung pagka compose ng filter material pero pinadami lang niya para mukhang maganda bali quantity over quality sort of aspect pero manipis naman yung paper filter. DAIWA is locally made in the Philippines by a Singaporean national, then SAKURA is manufactured in Indonesia by ADR group of companies.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013

Also if sobrang dami namang pleats sobrang sikip na sa loob ng filter partly mahihirapan narin dumaloy yung oil.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013

Probably the most important aspect here is the element surface area. This helps determine the amount of filter media that is available to trap particles. Cellulose media (basically paper) can trap fewer particles and can flow less oil per square inch because there are fewer passages through it. Synthetic media has more passages and can trap more particles and flow more oil than cellulose per square inch. For the same type of media, the smaller the area, the sooner the filter will become plugged and will end up bypassing much of the oil instead of filtering it. Some filters use a cellulose/synthetic blend, so a direct comparison is not possible. More pleats in the element do not necessarily mean more surface area (as you will soon see). In fact, too many pleats can end up restricting the flow too much because there is not enough space between them to allow oil to flow. Most of the cheaper filters use a mix that is mostly cellulose and/or cotton. Some of the better filters use synthetics or synthetic blends.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    "Vic filter meanwhile surpasses the Replacement “Mazda” filter only in the area of the anti-drain-back diaphragm. The Vic variant’s filter-element-assembly cannot be considered to have the same quality as that of the OEM filter because of the inadequate attention given to the spacing of the pleats of the filter element, which as we’ve learned may have ramifications on oil flow. Finally, the by-pass valve on the Vic filter has the same inferior quality as that of the Replacement filter." - From an independent testing of another person.

Sorry guys but this are already facts and statistics. Not just from a word of mouth but it is done in a scientific procedure.

Please see link attached since this is from MIATA club
    Oil Filter Study

I hope this can be an eye opener for you guys buying VIC brand filter.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    This is the link for testing by Miata Club Philippines for the various brands of filter

------> Oil Filter Study or 404 Not Found. htm

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    VIC overall test result by the Finnish car magazine Tuulilasi

LINK-----> Oil filter test results!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg  

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Also if sobrang dami namang pleats sobrang sikip na sa loob ng filter partly mahihirapan narin dumaloy yung oil.
    sabi kasi dito sir ng mga experts the more pleats the better. Pag tignan mo pleats ng vic mas madami sya compare baldwin and mas refine pa yung pleats nya

Best Oil/Fuel Filters