New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 132 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi to all

Just a suggestion. Why not list all forumers who experience problems with the D4D engine of Toyota (make/model included) here, so we will know kung marami nga talaga.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    numbah5, Are you sure that they reprogram your ECU or just Initialize? How many min. it took to reprogram your unit? I'm asking this coz some casa don't immediately reprogram your unit instead they just initialize it first then reprogramming. May i suggest that you request to your service advisor to reprogram your unit first before they replace the supply pump.
    nung 1000 km PMS ng fortuner dun siya nireprogram o nireset. di ko alam kung ilang minutes kasi nga sabay na 1000 km PMS. nung bumalik lang uli yung choking nung 11000 km na yung fortuner ko saka pa lang pinapalitan yung supply pump. anyway, pagdasal natin na sana maprint sa next issue ng C! Magazine yung sinend ko na e-mail sa kanila para mamulat na mata ng toyota at mag-issue na sila ng recall.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think what they did to your unit is just like what they did to mine. Initialization and then replace the entire CRDi system including injector's. Initialization is different from reprogramming. Im thinking kasi na reprogramming is the solution to this problem. Im trying to stablish if this reprogramming is enough to fix our problem.

Sige magdasal nalang tayo kasi yan lang pinaka mabilis na magagawa natin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    May I know if there are any of you 2006 innova owners who have experience "engine stalling" while driving? Got my innova j d4d a month ago, so far ok naman. Sabi kasi ng Toyota Balintawak first batch lang daw ang nagkaproblema ng ganito.I really hope i wouldn't experience the same..

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by albert99 View Post
    May I know if there are any of you 2006 innova owners who have experience "engine stalling" while driving? Got my innova j d4d a month ago, so far ok naman. Sabi kasi ng Toyota Balintawak first batch lang daw ang nagkaproblema ng ganito.I really hope i wouldn't experience the same..

AFAIK walang 2006 owner ng D4d dito sa tsikot na may stalling problem. But when i got my unit reprogram may mga kasabay ako na walang pang plate may problema na. Tungkol naman doon sa sinabi ng agent mo na first batch lang ang may problema, yan din ang sinabi nila sakin kasi hindi naman first batch yon sakin. Pero don't worry hindi naman lahat tintamaan ng malas. Tulad lang ni Innova_boy sya yata yong pinaka unang owner ng Innova dito sa tsikot pero walang pang problema until now.Mas marami parin naman ang walang problema sa D4d nila. Kaya ok lang yan, may 3yrs warranty naman yan kaya gamitin mo ng gamitin at ng masulit pakakabili mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi to all,

Do you all agree na lahat ng car brands ay may certain defect rate? I myself, experience it in Toyota Previa, Honda Jazz, Nissan Xtrail, Susuki Esteem, Opel Vectra, Chevy Tahoe.

Ang tanong, kaano kadami ang defect rate ng bawat make/model

When I read it here na may problema ang Toyota D4D engine of some users dito, I immediately ask our sales rep kung may problem yun hi lux ng company. And he said wala naman na encountered na major problem, sa katunayan nga eh almost 61,000 km na itinakbo ng sasakyan.

Just sharing my point.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've done the same thing. I've talked to friends and acquaintances with the D4D, and none so far have had any problem.

That doesn't prove that there's no problem, but it could point to fuel quality as one factor, as everyone in my area fills up at the boutique style gas stations on the SLEX, which have relatively clean fuel tanks and piping.

None of them fill at the local jeepney stations... that's just stupid.

But then, there may be some metro stations that, although brand-named, have certain factors that can lead to poor fuel quality such as rusty tanks or pipes, and built up contamination.

I've seen CRDi vehicles from other manufacturers smoking, but so far, amongst affordable diesels (anyone know anything about BMW or Audi?), Toyota seems to be taking the worst hit in the effects of fuel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    AFAIK walang 2006 owner ng D4d dito sa tsikot na may stalling problem. But when i got my unit reprogram may mga kasabay ako na walang pang plate may problema na. Tungkol naman doon sa sinabi ng agent mo na first batch lang ang may problema, yan din ang sinabi nila sakin kasi hindi naman first batch yon sakin. Pero don't worry hindi naman lahat tintamaan ng malas. Tulad lang ni Innova_boy sya yata yong pinaka unang owner ng Innova dito sa tsikot pero walang pang problema until now.Mas marami parin naman ang walang problema sa D4d nila. Kaya ok lang yan, may 3yrs warranty naman yan kaya gamitin mo ng gamitin at ng masulit pakakabili mo.
    This is good news, but then again how much mileage does one accumulate in a year. Lets' wait for the first and second quarter of 2007. If those faults doesn't show up then we could say Toyotis is in the clear.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Finally, toyota has issued a recall on the innova. UNFORTUNATELY, its not for the fuel pump. Its for the rear axle shaft. They are sending out notices to owners who got innovas manufactured from February 2005-December 2005. This was first made known in the innova club website. I called up my toyota service advisor and they confirmed that there is. But so far in that casa, no complaint were received about the rear axle shafts, but since a recall was made, they are preparing the parts for replacement before they start calling in the affected units.

I took the opportunity to discuss about the fuel pump problem. Why they havent issued one for it when there are already actual complaints with it, and instead a recall on the axle shaft, when there is not yet any, or if there are, still very few. He said that so far, either the reprogramming action works, and if it doesn't, then pump replacement has shown to work on those who were affected. So as far as the fuel pump problem is concerned, not perfect, but as of the moment, that's what toyota is doing.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    SilverShadow, Just a thought, maybe your sales rep is ignoring the problem. Baliwala lang sa kanya kasi hindi naman kanya yong Hi-lux. Maybe his not driving the vehicle. Hard starting is ignorable specially if the the vehicle you are using is not yours.

niky, I can assure you that NO Shell Station is selling contaminated fuel w/ any foreign particles. Kahit pa yong stations in the jeepney trading area. Alam nyo bang mas reklamador ang mga jeepney kesa sa upper level ng motorist. Shell has this QQ van going around metro and some near provinces.
    QQ is Quantity and Quality control it is a rolling laboratory. It checks All the station in the Metro by surprise. If you fail this could mean termination of your dealership. But that is just Shell I don't know about the other brands.

afrasay, Pinapalakas ko lang naman yong loob ni albert99 kasi mukhang nalulungkot sya tutal wala pa naman problema yong unit nya.

Altec, kakatuwa talaga Toyota kung alin yong walang masyadong reklamo yon pa may recall.
    Last edited by larshell; November 10th, 2006 at 06:57 PM.

Toyota D4D engine woes