New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 128 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    (double post deleted)

By the way... while I hate the ride, and I'm dubious about the D4D compared to other CRDis (I feel that Hyundai units are much much smoother), I actually like the Fortuner 3.0 4x4.
    Last edited by niky; November 3rd, 2006 at 01:50 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    maganda nga na maraming bumili ng Fortuner para exclusive ulit ang mga known 4x4 brands like the Patrol, Pajero, Prado, Murano....

more than 2 million pa naman mga presyo nito kaya hindi maabot ng masang Pilipino.... ahehehehehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The reason there are a lot of Fortuners around?

1. Because not everyone comes to tsikot.

2. Because not every single owner of a D4D has this problem, so word of mouth on the street regarding the "D4D issue" isn't very widespread.

3. Because, despite the possible D4D issues with regards to fuel quality, despite the crappy dealer practices, despite the relatively cheap interior (for the price) and despite the horrid ride (in the opinion of the poor people in the back seat), the Fortuner is still a very handsome, very powerful, decent handling and relatively cheap SUV. So people buy them.

4. And it's a Toyota. They could sell Norkis Legacies for double the price and people would still buy them. Of course, Norkis Legacy = Daihatsu Mira, and Daihatsu = subsidiary of Toyota, so that's not a very wild possibility...
    5. Wow factor + SUV + Toyota. everything else comes secondary.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    5. Wow[SIZE=3]-MALI[/SIZE] factor (i.e. if d4d) + SUV + Toyota. everything else comes secondary.
    pun intended

ahihihihihi :hysterical:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    5. Wow factor + SUV + Toyota. everything else comes secondary.
    Yes, I agree,now at least you don't have to be a multi-millionaire to get a nice looking Japanese made SUV nor do you have to get a converted right hand drive ,second hand SUV from Subic whose safety at high speeds is really questionable.
    Moreover, as can be concluded from this thread only a very small number of D4D's usually the first batch, are having choking problems. In addition, it seems that just a littlle re-programing could be a simple solution as a member relates.

So, I believe in a Fortuner you get your money's worth, and also by its entry in the SUV market, it may compel the other car companies to competitively price their SUV's a little lower. For this I commend Toyota.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, this thread still has no conclusion. Most of us are still in a wait and see mode.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    applicable ba ito to D4D engine such as the fortuner and innova?
    what about other Common Rail Engines?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys,
    INform ko lang kayo. Our company's Hi-ace having the 2.5D4d engine is having some rough idling lately. It only has 20tkms on the odo.

..I hope this is not something major.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Napa check naba sa casa? Ano ang sabi? Baka barado lang Filter or misload sa gas station.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Larshell,
    Di ko pa naman pinapacheck pero this morning, the rough idling became worse. Engine shuts off after a few kilometers.

Sana nga case of dirty fuel lang ito kasi kung hindi sasabunin ako ng boss ko. I recommended this vehicle for our company. Patay ako.

Toyota D4D engine woes