New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 136 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,722
    #1351
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    it took us 3 days, toyota did not provided us with a loaner car.. about the fuel consumption, after the pump has been replaced lumakas ang konsumo. from 8.5 km/l naging 7.4 km/l tsaka napinsin ko rin na parang umingay ng konti yung engine...

    Geez! 3 days in their care and it came out worse! .

    Kinda wants you to ask for a full refund huh?

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    #1352
    di na kailangan ng refund... it's under warranty. hindi naman naging worse, mas lalo pa nga gumada engine performance. lumakas hatak, tumulin tsaka nabawasan na yung dating barely noticeable vibration... all at the expense of higher fuel consumption... kahit umingay hindi naman ganun kaingay, barely audible pa rin ang diesel clatter

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    125
    #1353
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    it took us 3 days, toyota did not provided us with a loaner car.. about the fuel consumption, after the pump has been replaced lumakas ang konsumo. from 8.5 km/l naging 7.4 km/l tsaka napinsin ko rin na parang umingay ng konti yung engine...
    that's a bummer....no loaner car! my sister who drives the least expensive volvo sedan (s40) got a loaner when her under warranty car was with the casa for repairs. i know some of you would be quick to point out...."hey that's a volvo...they SHOULD provide a loaner". but the funny thing is the volvo sedan costs just a mere 20% more than the fort

    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    di na kailangan ng refund... it's under warranty. hindi naman naging worse, mas lalo pa nga gumada engine performance. lumakas hatak, tumulin tsaka nabawasan na yung dating barely noticeable vibration... all at the expense of higher fuel consumption... kahit umingay hindi naman ganun kaingay, barely audible pa rin ang diesel clatter
    great to hear things turned for the better! enjoy your ride sir!

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,837
    #1354
    baka yan na talaga solusyon. pilit nila pinapaliit fuel consumption ng Toyota D4D para makabenta pero hindi naman feasible.

    nagtataka talaga ako kumbakit Toyota D4-D eh umaabot ng 10km/liter sa city driving eh. CRDi starex and santa fe and sorento, average of 7-8km/liter lang.

    i-correct ang engine and tamang consumo, D4D choking problem solved.

    ngaun lang ako nakakita ng big body cars like innova and fortuner, tapos consumo talo pa ang small body tucson crdi.
    Last edited by oldblue; November 19th, 2006 at 04:22 PM.

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    49
    #1355
    Quote Originally Posted by albert99 View Post
    May I know if there are any of you 2006 innova owners who have experience "engine stalling" while driving? Got my innova j d4d a month ago, so far ok naman. Sabi kasi ng Toyota Balintawak first batch lang daw ang nagkaproblema ng ganito.I really hope i wouldn't experience the same..
    i got a 2006 D4D Innova E di ko naman na experience that engine stalling sa ride ko.. btw my ride is just 4 month old... the other na naka experience ng problem na ito... ilang months na sa inyo ang car before nag manifest ang problem?

  6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,244
    #1356
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    baka yan na talaga solusyon. pilit nila pinapaliit fuel consumption ng Toyota D4D para makabenta pero hindi naman feasible.

    nagtataka talaga ako kumbakit Toyota D4-D eh umaabot ng 10km/liter sa city driving eh. CRDi starex and santa fe and sorento, average of 7-8km/liter lang.

    i-correct ang engine and tamang consumo, D4D choking problem solved.

    ngaun lang ako nakakita ng big body cars like innova and fortuner, tapos consumo talo pa ang small body tucson crdi.
    Pwede rin. Pero bakit hindi lahat ng D4d may problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by zdj385 View Post
    i got a 2006 D4D Innova E di ko naman na experience that engine stalling sa ride ko.. btw my ride is just 4 month old... the other na naka experience ng problem na ito... ilang months na sa inyo ang car before nag manifest ang problem?
    Hindi pare-pareho. Yong iba 500km mileage may problem na. Yong sakin almost 5000mileage nung 1st time na magka problema. Almost 15k mileage naman nung 2nd time. So far walang pang 3rd time.

  7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,620
    #1357
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    baka yan na talaga solusyon. pilit nila pinapaliit fuel consumption ng Toyota D4D para makabenta pero hindi naman feasible.

    nagtataka talaga ako kumbakit Toyota D4-D eh umaabot ng 10km/liter sa city driving eh. CRDi starex and santa fe and sorento, average of 7-8km/liter lang.

    i-correct ang engine and tamang consumo, D4D choking problem solved.

    ngaun lang ako nakakita ng big body cars like innova and fortuner, tapos consumo talo pa ang small body tucson crdi.
    this is exactly the statement made (subconciously) by one SA dito sa Baguio, "maliit ang fuel line", kaya madaling mabarado ito! don't know though kung personal opinion lang nya ito

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    58
    #1358
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    this is exactly the statement made (subconciously) by one SA dito sa Baguio, "maliit ang fuel line", kaya madaling mabarado ito! don't know though kung personal opinion lang nya ito
    If it's just the fuel line that's clogging up, why does the ECU need reprogramming?

    If it's dirty or bad mixture fuel that's causing the damage, the fuel pump being damaged is understandable but isn't it the common rail system that should be damaged because of bad fuel? If it's bad fuel also, why should the ECU need reprogramming?

    Is it because there are really inherent defects in the ECU module during manufacturing?

  9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5
    #1359
    Thats it! I will be getting the gas version. Mukang di pa ma perfect ng toyota ang diesel engines nila. Thanks for all your advices.

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    72
    #1360
    Quote Originally Posted by zdj385 View Post
    i got a 2006 D4D Innova E di ko naman na experience that engine stalling sa ride ko.. btw my ride is just 4 month old... the other na naka experience ng problem na ito... ilang months na sa inyo ang car before nag manifest ang problem?
    guys, just want to ask if anybody experienced this:
    Biglang namatay at the middle of the road yong unit namin. Prior to that, everytime I'd shift to the third gear, me lag na mga 1 sec...parang nabibilaukan. Shox, I got scared coz baka di na mag-start ulit. Buti na lang umandar nga ulit.

    Also, the last time we took the unit to the casa, they adjusted the idling. But after about 3 wks, the prob recurred lang..yong namamatay pag pina-start..that you have to step on the accelarator just to prevent the engine from shutting down again. Ang gastos sa gas tuloy.

    Back to the orig. concern, I decided to take the unit to Toyota Marikina. The guy told me that it's about the fuel filter--marumi na raw. So I'm scheduled for a replacement for tom. Kaso, I informed him about the my other prob, yong namamatay nga pag pina-start. He said, they have to reset the comp raw. One more prob pa pala, hirap sa uphill yong oto. Some of you may be familiar with the shortcut from Marikina to QC via Tumana. There's a very steep & sharp curve there...everytime I'd reach that point, nanginginig yong car & parang mamamatay rin. Sheez, I've never experienced that with the other cars I've driven before. Ito lang Innova talaga yong parang hindi safe iliko ron. Now, I'm beginning to lose confidence in this unit. Kakatakot coz I'm always with my kids. Hindi kaya lemon yong unit namin? I asked the guy in the casa about the axle recall, he informed me that they sent out letters na raw. Pero, syempre, with my experience, duda tuloy ako both sa kanila & sa unit.

Toyota D4D engine woes