New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 129 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Look at the bright side, malay mo sa bwesit ng boss mo ibgay nalang sayo.

Have it check sa casa baka i reprogram din nila yong ECU. Malakas ang kutob ko na reprogramming ang sulotion sa problema.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Look at the bright side, malay mo sa bwesit ng boss mo ibgay nalang sayo.

Have it check sa casa baka i reprogram din nila yong ECU. Malakas ang kutob ko na reprogramming ang sulotion sa problema.
    Oh, so I can stop praying now na sana masira na supply pump ko (while within the warranty period, para libre replacement) - wala nanaman palang pyesa na papalitan - re-programming lang pala ang solution.

Better tell Altec about this, para balik na kami sa biodiesel sa aming D4D.

Thanks for the valuable info larshell.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Jaeger, Kutob palang yong akin ha. Ako palang yong na reprogram dito. Meron ako mga kasabay pero hindi ko alam kung ano na ang nangyari sa unit nila.
    Wag muna tayo mag conclude baka maya may pag sisihan tayo. BTW kamusta na? Tagal mo nawala.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does the world need another stalling D4d?

From our friends at: http://4x4ph.com/forum/index.php?sho...05&#entry89699

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde
    I haven't been visiting this forum since I started this thread over a year ago. Back then I was quite happy with the fortuner, especially since everything smelled new, the fort was still a head turner and I was just getting used to driving a diesel.

My problems started early this year when my 3.0 D4D fortuner started having morning start-up problems. Back then I thought it may have had something to do with cold morning, this being a diesel. At a friend's house late one evening, the fort just wouldn't start.

Toyota Quezon Ave. said there was nothing wrong with my unit and, sure enough, for a few weeks after that, everything went smoothly. On March 26, my fortuner just died on me at the North Expressway. Good thing I was able to pull over to the rightmost shoulder. The starter was cranking but the engine wouldn't catch.

Toyota didn't give me a specific reason, but they said they suspected: 1) programming glitch with the onboard computer, or, 2) something wrong with the fuel system. They couldn't decide which one.

After two weeks, I brought the fortuner home and it worked fine. Toyota didn't ask me to pay anything so I lost nothing but precious precious time.

Last July, the same thing happened again, although, this time, I was driving along buendia ave. The fortuner stalled and eventually died on me. If you were caught in a traffic jam along buendia on July 21, the cause was me and the fortuner -- stuck on the second lane at the corner of Buendia and Makati Ave.

And this is not the end of it. Until last week, my fortuner is experiencing irregular idling. Palyado and again, no power. I dropped it off at Toyota ( won't tell which), had a shouting match with the supervisor, and left it there. I will write to Toyota to tell them what a lemon their much vaunted Fortuner is. I give up and now i realize that a vehicle designed for 3rd world use will still be a 3rd world vehicle -- no matter how sophisticated their fuel system is or their onboard computer.

I just hope this doesn't happen to the other fortuenr owners, although I've already talked to quite a few (8 owners, to be exact) who have also experienced similar incidents such as mine.

Learn from my experience -- have Toyota look over your Fortuner and loads of luck that you don't go through this lemon-hell I've gone through.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    Yes, I agree,now at least you don't have to be a multi-millionaire to get a nice looking Japanese made SUV nor do you have to get a converted right hand drive ,second hand SUV from Subic whose safety at high speeds is really questionable.
    Moreover, as can be concluded from this thread only a very small number of D4D's usually the first batch, are having choking problems. In addition, it seems that just a littlle re-programing could be a simple solution as a member relates.

So, I believe in a Fortuner you get your money's worth, and also by its entry in the SUV market, it may compel the other car companies to competitively price their SUV's a little lower. For this I commend Toyota.
    Well a little programming would be nice, it's free!...tell that to someone who goes to far flung uninhabited areas like me (just been around the ifugao-benguet area lately). Ill take take a well converted suvic rig than a new model with a glitch. Thank you, but even if the price goes down to 500k, I'll stick to my TD42 powered Safari which can load up in any gas station...well as long as its diesel.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Boy-oh-boy. This is serious.

How many kilometers do the problems usually start coming out?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afg598 View Post
    Boy-oh-boy. This is serious.

How many kilometers do the problems usually start coming out?
    it's inconsistent actually. some get the problem almost literally off the showroom floor, while some have it anywhere after that...while some don't have that problem.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    yaiiks it's really indeed scary... Don't want to be caught dead (vehicle) in the middle of the road...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
    Oh, so I can stop praying now na sana masira na supply pump ko (while within the warranty period, para libre replacement) - wala nanaman palang pyesa na papalitan - re-programming lang pala ang solution.

Better tell Altec about this, para balik na kami sa biodiesel sa aming D4D.

Thanks for the valuable info larshell.
    Jaeger, ayaw lumabas ang choking problem ng d4d ko! Its already 6 months I think since I stopped BD. Parang gusto ko na bumalik sa paggamit sa BD. If its a programming glitch, that's fine, reprogram lang. But if its really the pump internals...

Yung lang, yung dalawang pinsan ko na sabay kami bumili ng innova, both of them never tried BD, ok pa naman sila. Except 1 cousin who mentioned nag hardstart siya once. But it never came back.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mas grabe ang problema ng 3.0D4d compare to what I have experienced w/ 2.5D4d. Stalling while driving.(swerte pa pala ako) If you can remember TMPC have issued a memo for reprogramming of D4d's coz of inadequate pressure of supply pump. That is the reason daw why it is hard starting. Mukhang iba yong problem ng D4d3.0

Engine stalling is no longer unique to 2.5D4d. D4d is D4d 2.5 or 3.0 parehas lang na may problema. Kawawa naman kaming mga owner's ng D4d para kaming nadale ng swindler's.

Toyota D4D engine woes