New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 42 of 357 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    need your inputs mga sirs,

has anyone with the 3zz engine experience a diesel engine like noise at a certain rpm range? yung sa akin it's been almost a month na merong rasping noise (as in tunog diesel talaga) between 2000-2400rpm in certain instances (most of the time naman wala, i already have 30k on the odo). there's no loss of power or any dashboard warnings. I brought it to the casa a few weeks ago pero hindi namin matiyempuhan during the road test. the mechanic said it might be the ethanol in the fuels. hindi ako naniwala but i still gave it a try by filling up with blaze100. awa ni lord andun pa din yung sound at certain instances (ang hirap talaga i-reproduce during road test).

anyway, i did some research and came across this site na parang sapul na sapul. tempted na nga kong gawin to if not for the warranty:

http://gorup-sinkovec.net/diy/rattli...nifold-solved/

will try to bring it again to the dealer if I can find time, i just want to know kung meron dito na may same experience.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Bro, I may have the same situation as yours. I am experiencing a vibartion in the engine bay when I am about to take off and reach the 10-15 kmh speed range. It will eventually disappear when the car is running at moderate speed which is 20kmh. This sound is audible if the cabin has no audio playing inside. Parang feeling ko na may kumakalnsing na screw somewhere pag nag throttle ako. Pag stand still yun kotse and I pump on the gas pedal that sound is not even there. It will only be felt kapag paandar pa lang yun car na tama ka parang nasa 2000-2400 rpm.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricayn View Post
    Bro, I may have the same situation as yours. I am experiencing a vibartion in the engine bay when I am about to take off and reach the 10-15 kmh speed range. It will eventually disappear when the car is running at moderate speed which is 20kmh. This sound is audible if the cabin has no audio playing inside. Parang feeling ko na may kumakalnsing na screw somewhere pag nag throttle ako. Pag stand still yun kotse and I pump on the gas pedal that sound is not even there. It will only be felt kapag paandar pa lang yun car na tama ka parang nasa 2000-2400 rpm.
    Yup. mukhang pareho tayo. I bet it's that pesky intake manifold. wala namang issue to regarding engine performance but the sound is just annoying. and ang hirap i-reproduce pag nag road test sa casa kaya ang hirap ipaayos. o well... i'm really tempted to drive in that screw hehehe. will try it again with the casa one last time this week

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I'll also have mine diagnosed on my 10K check-up. It's quite annoying kapag alam mo meron ka naririnig na kalansing.

Bro let me know if casa mechanics can determine that its coming from the manifold. Di pa ako confident to try the DIY solution in the weblink that you posted recently.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricayn View Post
    I'll also have mine diagnosed on my 10K check-up. It's quite annoying kapag alam mo meron ka naririnig na kalansing.

Bro let me know if casa mechanics can determine that its coming from the manifold. Di pa ako confident to try the DIY solution in the weblink that you posted recently.
    plano ko i-print yung DIY solution from the web then pakita ko dun sa mga SA. kahapon, I drove over 60kms na wala naman yung sound and the engine is running very smooth. hirap talaga tiyempuhan

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Please check my ad, still have last remaining Simota drop in performance air filter for E140/10th Gen Corolla

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...picanto+filter

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    will that solve the problem?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Need help in choosing please. For my wheels upgrade, I'm thinking of getting 18" rims with 45 or 40 series tires. I don't plan to lower the car so I'm thinking maybe 18 with 45's would make it look better.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in advance!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'd suggest closest to stock overall wheel+tire diameter.

What's the stock on the Altis?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    exactly the same as our 1.8S FD sir...

good hunting on your wheels smash. tapos na ba HL mo?

personally I think medyo tricky pagpili ng rims for the Altis 10th gen...

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]