New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 41 of 357 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks guys sa reply. Though mas nagagandahan ako sa 10th gen corolla lalo na yung latest I can't stop from admiring the speed of civic. Lupet talaga. Sers, are you referring to 1.6 variant lang ba o pati 2.0 din?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    * samcoy - for the speeding 10th Gens puro 1.6 variants nakikita ko. yung 2.0 Altis siguro pwede lumaban sa 1.8 na Civic FD... but then me 2.0 rin yung FD e.

I just got back from UST with my wife. On the way we took the Skyway both ways to do a little stretching on the car. When I got up to speed I kind of felt the car was 'hovering' when it reached 130 kph. I felt a little nauseous for a few seconds, hinga lang malalim then nawala. Nangyari na ba to sa inyo? Nung pabalik wala na di na naulit, but it was weird feeling like that. Ganun pala suspension neto.

OT: Yung toll fee sa Skyway Northbound P120 (Bicutan on-ramp to Buendia), pero yung pabalik mas mura P85 lang hanggang Sucat exit pa. Samantalahin na muna bago tumaas ulit...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post

I just got back from UST with my wife. On the way we took the Skyway both ways to do a little stretching on the car. When I got up to speed I kind of felt the car was 'hovering' when it reached 130 kph. I felt a little nauseous for a few seconds, hinga lang malalim then nawala. Nangyari na ba to sa inyo? Nung pabalik wala na di na naulit, but it was weird feeling like that. Ganun pala suspension neto.

OT: Yung toll fee sa Skyway Northbound P120 (Bicutan on-ramp to Buendia), pero yung pabalik mas mura P85 lang hanggang Sucat exit pa. Samantalahin na muna bago tumaas ulit...
    I believe the newly opened part of Skyway fr Bicutan to Sucat has been done poorly bec. when I traversed that portion twice already, I felt so sick to the stomach. Once the vehicle entered that segment, it suddenly began to shudder in an awkward forward backward motion. But the rest of Skyway fr. Buendia all the way to the old Bicutan exit (for those going beyond Sucat) was smooth.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    anak ng tinapay naman o. nilipad ng hangin narin yung natititra kong TQA For Registration plate ko kanina, pagpasok ko sa garahe yung naka-ipit nalang ng screw at washer yung naiwan. pareho na silang wala, bad trip!

:waah:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    When I got up to speed I kind of felt the car was 'hovering' when it reached 130 kph. I felt a little nauseous for a few seconds, hinga lang malalim then nawala.
    pag matulin na talaga sir medyo parang lumulutang na tong altis. I think the suspension is really not designed for high speeds but more for comfortable city driving. You may also want to check your tire pressure since from the factory minsan nasa 34-35 psi ang tire pressure, way above the recommended 30psi. that may contribute to the hovering feeling.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    * number 001 - actually naramdaman ko lang yun after umakyat sa ramp then got to at about 120-130 kph. I felt different then wondered 'WTH?' Papunta palang kami nung nangyari yun. Si wifey naman walang naramdaman.

* dekzee - yeah I'm beginning to get that impression na nga e. check ko nga ulit as I get used to the car.

regarding tire pressure, 30 yung recommended dun sa sticko sa pinto ng driver e. I'll have this changed to nitrogen next week... baka nga sobra nakalagay, di ko pa ginalaw ever since dineliver.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hi there altis owners...i have a 2009 altis 1.6v...does anyone know where the location of the engine number is? thanks in advance

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    *cvjustice - i've driven my altis in SCTEX with a maximum speed of 160kph and the same in the skyway. it was ok in the SCTEX but a bit floaty in the skyway as you experienced. maybe wider tires or stiffer suspension will make the handling better.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jabing02 View Post
    hi there altis owners...i have a 2009 altis 1.6v...does anyone know where the location of the engine number is? thanks in advance
    Sir, check your owners manual. It is extremely helpful.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by <smash> View Post
    *cvjustice - i've driven my altis in SCTEX with a maximum speed of 160kph and the same in the skyway. it was ok in the SCTEX but a bit floaty in the skyway as you experienced. maybe wider tires or stiffer suspension will make the handling better.
    so baka nga yung pagkakagawa nung daan sa Skyway din yun culprit, just like sir number001 said earlier...

salamat sa feedback.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]