Page 92 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    17s ba yan Vinj?

So sa 18s pala, maaring sakto lang noh.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Sorry as it wasnt too clear. the 10km/L city run is what i get with the Altis 1.6E m/t right now. My 1.6 J m/t also get similar figures 9-10km/L in the city. If the 1.6 6-speed can improve to 11-12km/L in city driving over time, i'd be fine.

I swapped tires last weekend though so FC may change a bit (overall diameter is slightly larger).

The 215/50R17s fit the rims and wheel wells better than the usual 215/45R17s a lot of guys use.
    Sir Vinj, kumusta naman ang ride comfort with your new set. Di ba matagtag?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    17s ba yan Vinj?

sasagot narin ako bro... IMO hinde narin naman magkalayo yung size nila ng kaha ng FD e, kaya mukhang swak narin 18s dito sa 10.5 gen.

haay kakainis mahirap na mag DIY detailing ngayon... biglang inuulan e.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    17s ba yan Vinj?

Depends sa size ng tire din. With 18s, they'll have to go down to a 40 aspect ratio i think so with a 225/40R18 tire, per tire size calculator, the actual speed will be almost similar to the stock 195/65R15 tires. The 215/50R17 tires will still have a larger overall diameter versus the 225/40R18s.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Sir Vinj, kumusta naman ang ride comfort with your new set. Di ba matagtag?
    The wider tires will make you feel the road imperfections more but in terms of tagtag, no problem as the car still runs soft. Mine would feel a bit harder mainly due to the 34psi i run on all tires (matter of preference). Body roll decreased significantly over the tall OEM tires and what i'm looking more at now is how it will affect my FC.

Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    sasagot narin ako bro... IMO hinde narin naman magkalayo yung size nila ng kaha ng FD e, kaya mukhang swak narin 18s dito sa 10.5 gen.

Hassle yung panahon. Maaraw the whole day then uulan sa gabi. Almost every day, madumi yung kotse.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post

Meron nga ko nakita medium silver 10.5 gen Altis na naka-Work XD9, tingin ko 18s yun tapos naka-drop.

Ganito pa yung kulay nung rims.. Gwapong gwapo, eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^I like the color of those rims.

Noticed also they already classify the Altis as a medium sized sedan. Mas mahal na tuloy LTO registration.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^I like the color of those rims.

Noticed also they already classify the Altis as a medium sized sedan. Mas mahal na tuloy LTO registration.
    oo nga e. kahit sa ibang detailing shop slightly higher price nila for this car. nyets!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I decided to drive the FD that was lent to me back to back with the Altis (which I'll be leaving at the casa for a repaint tomorrow) since I think tonight was the only chance I'll get to drive the two one after another.

While they're both rated at 140 hp, the power delivery couldn't have been more different. The Altis' 3ZR-FE has lots of grunt from the get-go, all the way to about 5000 rpm, and past this it feels like a tired athlete gasping for air but nonetheless trying to keep going. The FD's R18A1 on the other hand, feels very sedate up to about 4500 rpm, and you'd really feel the torque disparity. I was never a fan of the "VTEC just kicked in 'yo" mantra, but the engine really does feel more alive at higher rpms all the way to its 7000 rpm redline.

Transmission-wise, hands down the Civic has the better transmission, which is not only more responsive, but also has more gears which equates to better spaced ratios. Even in S-mode with the Altis, the FD's transmission still responds faster, though it's not particularly quick, nowhere near the Mz3 2.0 I drove recently. The Altis has paddle-shifters though, which the pre-facelift FD doesn't.

Steering feel and suspension feedback are both sharper with the Civic, which makes it feel less hefty than the Altis, even when the latter's lighter. At city cruising speeds though, the Altis feels more comfortable and less tiring to drive than the FD. Must be the hard seats. Or the annoyingly long dashboard.

In the end I feel like I've grown up too fast - a few years back I despised the softness of the Altis and wished we had bought an FD 2.0 or Focus TDCi instead. Now, I realize each car has it's merits and the Altis isn't all that bad. Love your own, as they say.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    In the end I feel like I've grown up too fast - a few years back I despised the softness of the Altis and wished we had bought an FD 2.0 or Focus TDCi instead. Now, I realize each car has it's merits and the Altis isn't all that bad. Love your own, as they say.
    This is the case with a lot of us. I loathed the Altis before due to it's lack of driving feel and high driving position and preferred the Civic FD way over my 9th gen. I used to coin the Altis 1.6E a/t of my sister as a golf cart. Over time though, i grew to appreciate the better comfort, insulation and the design which seems to grow on you. Age nga Of course, come repair/service time, i find it cheaper to maintain the Corolla.

On the engine, that's why Honda engines are called "torqueless wonders"; they have no low end grunt and are tuned for power after you go over the 4,000rpm range all the way to redline. Its powerband is located at the high rpm range.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    looks like both of you guys are going through an impasse...

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]