New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 357 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by UUE213 View Post
    BTW, aftermarket speakers work just fine with the multimedia unit.
    In this case:
    Morel elates 3way seps
    DLS A7 5ch Amplifier
    ID Max Chrome Edition Sub

Hi Sir,

Nice setup, I'm set to get an Altis next month, I have a few questions which hopefully you can help me with:

1) Is the 7 inch touch screen shown above the one that Toyota is selling? Or did you get this outside? How much did you buy it for? (if you don't mind disclosing the price)
    2) I notice there is a slot (upper right corner) for GPS, did you also purchase this from Toyota or outside? How much?
    3) Have you tried connecting your iPOD? Is there a direct connection wherein you can control the iPOD from the head unit or is it only via the AUX plug in (which means you need to use the iPOD to change songs, albums, etc...) located at the lower left corner of the unit?

Sorry sir if madaming questions, really interested in the unit and I was wondering about these questions since the Toyota guy couldn't answer me

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by <smash> View Post
    great! thanks for the info. btw, may fake ba na K&N filters? Just wondering?
    Well, I'm sure meron somewhere out there. The original should come in box with the filter itself sealed in plastic. The K&N logo and the part number should be embossed on one side of the rubber frame of the filter.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chongklc View Post
    Hi Sir,

Nice setup, I'm set to get an Altis next month, I have a few questions which hopefully you can help me with:

1) Is the 7 inch touch screen shown above the one that Toyota is selling? Or did you get this outside? How much did you buy it for? (if you don't mind disclosing the price)
    2) I notice there is a slot (upper right corner) for GPS, did you also purchase this from Toyota or outside? How much?
    3) Have you tried connecting your iPOD? Is there a direct connection wherein you can control the iPOD from the head unit or is it only via the AUX plug in (which means you need to use the iPOD to change songs, albums, etc...) located at the lower left corner of the unit?

Sorry sir if madaming questions, really interested in the unit and I was wondering about these questions since the Toyota guy couldn't answer me
    Hello Sir,
    answers to your questions:
    1. I did not get this from Toyota - I am the one selling this unit for 25k + 2k for the back up camera

2. The unit is equipped with GPS hardware and is compatible with Garmin software

3. IPOD direct connect cable included with the unit - my customers have informed me that it PLAYS VIDEOS from the ipod, another customer also told me that it CHARGES the IPOD (sorry, hindi ako nag i-Ipod so I don't really look for these features. Yes, you have full control of the ipod from the headunit/screen. Aux-in is a different entity (RCA plugs behind the unit). That little slot you see in the bottom right of the screen is a mini USB port (adapter for regular sized USB port included.

Other features - the unit also plays songs, movies - pictures from a flash drive that you can plug into the USB port. You can also use the SD card slot for movies, ebooks, etc.

TV antenna is included and TV tuner is built into the system. Also the TV tuner identifies the station ID for you (not just a frequency)

OEM type back up camera can be installed at the same time the unit is installed. This automatically turns on when you put the vehicle in Reverse. The OEM camera is mounted in place of one of the plate lights in the back. It has a built in LED bulb so you will not lose one of your plate lights. The back up camera is mounted in such a way that you see your own bumper at the bottom of the screen so you know exactly how much distance is left between your bumper and the object behind you.

I only have 2 units of this left and it will be a while before I get more so PM me if you want a unit.

BTW - the unit can be delivered and installed at your home or office. Just let me know what is convenient and I will send my installer to you.

The Head unit is plug and play - which means we will not cut any of your wires and your warranty will not be affected.

I think I covered it all.
    If you have any further questions, please send me a PM

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chongklc View Post
    Hi Sir,

Hello Sir,
    answers to your questions:
    1. I did not get this from Toyota - I am the one selling this unit for 25k + 2k for the back up camera

2. The unit is equipped with GPS hardware and is compatible with Garmin software

3. IPOD direct connect cable included with the unit - my customers have informed me that it PLAYS VIDEOS from the ipod, another customer also told me that it CHARGES the IPOD (sorry, hindi ako nag i-Ipod so I don't really look for these features. Yes, you have full control of the ipod from the headunit/screen. Aux-in is a different entity (RCA plugs behind the unit). That little slot you see in the bottom right of the screen is a mini USB port (adapter for regular sized USB port included.

Other features - the unit also plays songs, movies - pictures from a flash drive that you can plug into the USB port. You can also use the SD card slot for movies, ebooks, etc.

TV antenna is included and TV tuner is built into the system. Also the TV tuner identifies the station ID for you (not just a frequency)

OEM type back up camera can be installed at the same time the unit is installed. This automatically turns on when you put the vehicle in Reverse. The OEM camera is mounted in place of one of the plate lights in the back. It has a built in LED bulb so you will not lose one of your plate lights. The back up camera is mounted in such a way that you see your own bumper at the bottom of the screen so you know exactly how much distance is left between your bumper and the object behind you.

I only have 2 units of this left and it will be a while before I get more so PM me if you want a unit.

BTW - the unit can be delivered and installed at your home or office. Just let me know what is convenient and I will send my installer to you.

The Head unit is plug and play - which means we will not cut any of your wires and your warranty will not be affected.

I think I covered it all.
    If you have any further questions, please send me a PM

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    Well, I'm sure meron somewhere out there. The original should come in box with the filter itself sealed in plastic. The K&N logo and the part number should be embossed on one side of the rubber frame of the filter.
    Thanks for the tip idol. Another question to altis owners. Has anybody installed a cold air intake? How is this different from the short ram intake? What would you suggest?

Thanks again!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I have an SRI installed, not on this car but on my FD... got it from Speedlab. Better response, better sound... + 4-5 hp but barely noticeable.

For the Altis I think I'll just get the drop-in KNN...

Damn. After I've scratched off one project on the list, another one pops up and lines up. Now I want this Multimedia unit!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    I have an SRI installed, not on this car but on my FD... got it from Speedlab. Better response, better sound... + 4-5 hp but barely noticeable.

For the Altis I think I'll just get the drop-in KNN...

Damn. After I've scratched off one project on the list, another one pops up and lines up. Now I want this Multimedia unit!
    Hehe ganyan talaga bro. never ending upgrades yan. that head unit is really nice. that's no. 3 on my list after the hid retrofit and wheels upgrade.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    for a more lux feel you ma also want to go to seatmate for some quality leather seat covers. actually, this was my first upgrade hehehe.

matagal na din ako naglalaway dyan sa HU ni sir UUE213 hehehe. Madami akong nakikita sa alibaba.com na HU na ganyan na cheaper pero parang masyadong risky to order directly

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BMachine View Post
    *ian28 so alam na pala ng mga taga casa yan panu ayusin? mabilis lang ba? nung 1k pms ko nakalimutan ko kasi hehe

me isa pa nga ako naririnig pag bagong tapak sa gas meron parang lagutok na sound sa likod pero nawawala na kapag napaandar na.. weird nga e parang merong nahahatak na tunog. yung tunog "tok"

I also have the same experience with my 2011 altis V paggaling ka sa park tapos bagong andar may "tok"na sound but afterwards wala na........ there must be something wrong with this????

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ Normal na yata yan. Sa Civic FD namin ganito rin.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]