New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 142 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Has anyone tried replacing their stock horns? Ano pinalit niyo? Where'd you get them, magkano, and how long ipakabit? Sorry daming tanong
    I'm using FIAMMS. Toyota Manila Bay added them for free when i bought the car. I usually use FIAMMs as these are loud enough and aren't too sensitive to water ingestion per my experience. My favorite horns are still the Bosch Europas though.

Early morning on the highway... 4th gear at redline = 180kph.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'm using FIAMMS. Toyota Manila Bay added them for free when i bought the car. I usually use FIAMMs as these are loud enough and aren't too sensitive to water ingestion per my experience. My favorite horns are still the Bosch Europas though.

Lakas humataw Vinj ah

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    If you do order the key shirts from ebay maybe you can order extra sets for tsikot peeps so we can share on the shipping? hahaha
    Sure, I'll be ordering once I load up my PayPal account, which would probably be after Christmas since banks are closed for the holidays. Would you know of any other Camry/Altis 2.0V owners who plan to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

What model are your Fiamms? AM-80 din ba? I haven't really heard Fiamm's in real life, just YouTube videos. Currently pondering on whether to get this or the Bosch EC6. Main consideration is the sweetness of the "pot pot" sound, and then durability.

How's the power at 180 kph for the 1.6?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Lakas humataw Vinj ah
    Minsan nalang i've encountered the highway being wide open lately so i decided to stretch the legs a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What model are your Fiamms? AM-80 din ba? I haven't really heard Fiamm's in real life, just YouTube videos. Currently pondering on whether to get this or the Bosch EC6. Main consideration is the sweetness of the "pot pot" sound, and then durability.

How's the power at 180 kph for the 1.6?
    Not sure what model it is... The one i have is the black one. Re. durability, it's also dependent on the location (not being too exposed to water) and the wiring/relay job done by the electrician.

Power is still good given i was alone with no luggage on board. My exit approached before i could try shifting to 5th to see if there's still some legs left.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hello fellow Toyota Altis owners, have a couple of questions regarding the 1.6v:

What type of car matting do you use? And what color? Im having a hard time finding an appropriate car mat for my car due to the beige color interior of the car, hirap maghanap. Any suggestions? Preferrence is rubber type matting, not carpet ( hard to keep clean) or nomad style (not durable enought as the first one i had, butas agad yung sa driver side, sa portion na tinatamaan ng heel near the gas pedal). Bagay ba kung black or gray kahit yung interior is beige?

Also, For those who had leather seat covers installed, what color did you get? Black, dark gray or beige? I currently have beige leather seatcovers from equipt in banawe, im thinking of replacing this. Any suggestions on where to have this done and what color and design? Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hi... planning to get a second hand 10th gen altis... preferably 1.6 a/t... what are the things that i should look out for with this model? feedback ko lang so far is yung rattling sa pillar and oil sludge.. ano pa ba particular issues if meron pa besides yung usual checks like,paint,electricals,interior condition,underchassis... can't seem to find the archived thread.thanks guys.merry christmas.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chongklc View Post
    Hello fellow Toyota Altis owners, have a couple of questions regarding the 1.6v:

What type of car matting do you use? And what color? Im having a hard time finding an appropriate car mat for my car due to the beige color interior of the car, hirap maghanap. Any suggestions? Preferrence is rubber type matting, not carpet ( hard to keep clean) or nomad style (not durable enought as the first one i had, butas agad yung sa driver side, sa portion na tinatamaan ng heel near the gas pedal). Bagay ba kung black or gray kahit yung interior is beige?

Also, For those who had leather seat covers installed, what color did you get? Black, dark gray or beige? I currently have beige leather seatcovers from equipt in banawe, im thinking of replacing this. Any suggestions on where to have this done and what color and design? Thanks.
    AFAIK, in Banawe you can find the nomad style (3m copy) that's colored beige.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dahve View Post
    Purchased a 1.6G altis sa toyota quezon ave. last oct. 19. pag dumaan ako sa mausok na area pumapasok yung amoy sa loob. When full turn ng steering clockwise may tok ako naririnig, is this normal? tapos yung plastic cover sa ibaba ng wiper di nakaalign yung rubber strip sa may fender. Already complained to casa about it during my 1k pms. They told me papalitan daw yung plastic with rubber strip pero iorder pa nila 3 weeks na wala pa call. yung sa aircon naman kailangan obserbahan daw nila matagal, para malaman bakit pumapasok amoy sa loob. I thought pag brandnew wala masyado problema, ganun din pala same sa 2nd hand cars.
    you probably got a lemon.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    mga boss me tanong lang ako kanina nagpachange oil ako for 20km.. habang ginagawa kotse ko tinanong ko yun mekaniko sa casa.. sabi ko yun atf kelan ko papalitan.. ang sagot sakin never na daw pinapalitan sa mga bago car ngaun.. totoo ba yun? mga sir? hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post
    hi... planning to get a second hand 10th gen altis... preferably 1.6 a/t... what are the things that i should look out for with this model? feedback ko lang so far is yung rattling sa pillar and oil sludge.. ano pa ba particular issues if meron pa besides yung usual checks like,paint,electricals,interior condition,underchassis... can't seem to find the archived thread.thanks guys.merry christmas.
    You pretty much got it dead-on, on the things to check for the Altis. It's a pretty straightforward car to own and maintain. Unless mods were done, electricals should still be fine so you should just pay close attention to the underchassis sounds, possible collision damage, and do a background check on the service records if it's CASA maintained. When you test drive, shift through the gears manually as well to see that it's also operating well. A compression test should also help you ascertain the engine health.

Oh, one possible "sakit" is having warped disc rotors but usually you'll feel this when braking gradually at speeds of 80-100kph.

Quote Originally Posted by boytbak View Post
    mga boss me tanong lang ako kanina nagpachange oil ako for 20km.. habang ginagawa kotse ko tinanong ko yun mekaniko sa casa.. sabi ko yun atf kelan ko papalitan.. ang sagot sakin never na daw pinapalitan sa mga bago car ngaun.. totoo ba yun? mga sir? hehe
    That's the same thing being said to Vios owners. Para safe ka, better to change ATF every 40,000kms, as is done with other cars (yung heavy duty use na SUVs, every 20,000kms or 25,000kms, palit). Years ago, BMW told me the same thing when we had a E36 320i, "sealed" daw yung automatic transmission at lifetime daw hindi kelangan palitan. At around 85,000kms, bumigay yung transmission (it went on safe mode) and lo and behold, pinagsabihan din ako na dapat pinapalit namin ang ATF (same dealer).
    Last edited by vinj; December 27th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]