New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ask ko lang yang CVT transmission ng new subaru forester ay okey rin sa offroad gaya ng paakyat sa mountain. ? At bakit kaya hanggang ngayon wala sila nilalabas na diesel dyan sa atin?

From Topgear

Motor Image PH reveals features, price estimates of all-new Forester

Second, there will be two variants of the new Forester to be offered in our market: the 2.0i and the 2.0XT. The entry-level 2.0i is powered by a normally aspirated 2.0-liter, four-cylinder boxer engine, while the full-option 2.0XT is equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter, four-cylinder boxer engine rated at 276hp and 350Nm. Both variants will come with Lineartronic CVT, with the only difference, according to Luyun, being that the 2.0i's is six-speed and the 2.0XT's is eight-speed.

x x x

Among the noteworthy features of the Philippine-market Forester 2.0XT, Luyun told us, are:

Start/stop system;
    Powerlift tail gate;
    Harman Kardon eight-speaker audio system;
    HID headlights with LED strips;
    SI-Drive (system for selecting driving modes) as found on the STI;
    18-inch alloy wheels;
    Sunroof;
    Leather seats;
    New X-Mode all-wheel-drive system;
    Seven airbags (including knee airbags); and
    Rear camera and multifunction display
    And how much will this "fully loaded" new Forester be?

"The 2.0XT could be priced less than or more than P1.9 million," said Luyun. "We haven't finalized pricing. The 2.0i could go for around P1.55 million."

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sayang parang di ata kasama ang "eyesight" feature na meron sa japan, considering that they jacked up the price more than 100k for the XT

^oo nga, eyesight is not mentioned in the article.

if pricing for the XT is at 1.9M, it's going to go up against the Sta. Fe and the Sorento.

at 1.55M, the Forester might kill the market for the 1.478M XV, unless the prices of the XV are lowered a bit.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Is that the same 2.0 NA that's on the current 12 xs?

At the LA Motor Show:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    This is the XT

Front end design only works with Gundam and not with cars.

I like it. The CVT is a huge improvement over the old 4-speed and 5-speed AT, and twin-scroll turbochargers are the best to overcome turbo-lag...

Someone over at Subysoc posted a link to the brochure - 2014 Subaru Forester | Preview Digital Brochure

- - - Updated - - -

Someone over at Subysoc posted a link to the brochure - http://dbrochure.subaru.com/brochures/subaru.forester.laas.2014/

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    There's a website covering the all-new Forester's projected 1-year "demonstration journey" across 5 continents and 60,000 miles. So far they've finished a trip across Australia. Here's the link: FORESTER LIVE | SUBARU

Excerpt from the site:
    This is the new genesis to SUBARU's history of demonstrations.The Forester has become the true SUV in its new improved model. In FORESTERLIVE, we will prove its all-round high performance by driving across 5 continents for an entire year. For example, the Symmetrical AWD will be safe and secure even on permafrost roads, and the X-MODE will prove its worth in steep slopes on rough dirt roads. Moreover, the stability and power of the "DIT" TURBO engine will help you enjoy driving on long winding roads. You can check out more about this journey not only in the FORESTERLIVE.com website but also in our smartphone application. We will also hold events throughout the year. FORESTERLIVE never stops improving. Be sure to stay tuned!
    I hope they try it out in the PH.
    Last edited by JackFlash; January 11th, 2013 at 07:09 PM.

Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast