New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 55 of 290 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fierari View Post
    where did you guys mount your back up camera? id like to get ideas? thanks
    dun sir sa ilalim ng stepboard sa likod. hehe... wait natin reply ni OJ. mukhang mas ok yung sakanya...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^Thats good to hear sir. Mine is 48+k kms and by your description, i could imagine how much gunk i have to deal with.

Another question, im thinking instead of EGR blanking what if i just install Meth Injection. Which do you think is safer? Im also considering the environmental impact of blocked EGR and the benefits of cleaner exhaust/intake using Meth injection. Either of the two, they both eliminate the soot but im still skeptical on how reliable Meth injection is. I read somewhere they dont last, and you need to keep attention on the water parts or it could damage the engine.

Has anyone of you guys did the Meth way? BTW whats the link for NCP? Thanks
    Don't know where you heard water injection kits don't last. Especially with the newer style pumps. The only way it could damage your engine is if you had it hooked up incorrectly to spray when the key was not running. It only injects under boost. The boost activated base kits are pretty much bullet proof. Sometime electronic controllers can have a few issues like any electronic item such as a cell phone or computer but that's what a warranty is for.

And nobody here know water injection better than me.

By the way folks if you block the EGR ona YD25 or ZD30 motor it raises the factory boost buy up to 6psi on some vehicles so I highly suggest you get a manual boost controller to prevent this as it will kill your turbo because of the higher exhaust gas temps. It kills the turbos in these all the time, get a manual boost controller and you don't have to worry about a boost spike and you maintain your factory boost or you can set it for a few psi higher. if you don't have one or a EGT gauge I highly suggest you wait until you do.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by loki_chaos View Post
    dun sir sa ilalim ng stepboard sa likod. hehe... wait natin reply ni OJ. mukhang mas ok yung sakanya...
    bottom of tailgate, just above the plate, on a "U" shape bracket, better view for the rear camera because it is angled

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Don't know where you heard water injection kits don't last. Especially with the newer style pumps. The only way it could damage your engine is if you had it hooked up incorrectly to spray when the key was not running. It only injects under boost. The boost activated base kits are pretty much bullet proof. Sometime electronic controllers can have a few issues like any electronic item such as a cell phone or computer but that's what a warranty is for.
    Just curious, how long do these kits last with regular use and just water?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fierari View Post
    where did you guys mount your back up camera? id like to get ideas? thanks
    Placed mine on the back up light housing..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Just curious, how long do these kits last with regular use and just water?
    The hard parts will out last your vehicle such as the nozzles, hoses, nozzle holders ect. The pump you can expect about a 5 to 7 year life out of it in the engine bay. Mount it in the car should last about 10 years.

The key to keeping your system going is just simple maintenance which most people forget to do. To do this just run 20% hard water/lime stain remover through the pump every 9 months. Also soak the nozzle once a year in it. And it will never clog. The Philippines has very hard water with lots of deposits. Most people will not use distilled water.

Mount your pump far away from a heat source like the exhaust, and wrap it with some insulator. or make a heat shield and it will make it last even longer.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by franster View Post
    Has anyone change their stock head unit with after market ones? What brands can you suggest? Ideal para sa akin yung touch screen, with mp3-ipod-usb function, and of course excellent sound quality

hi! mine is a kenwood head unit, touch screen. got it from gold cars about 2 months ago.. costs 32k... so far, im happy with it. good tv reception, and improved sound quality. (i also had my sounds set up- speakers, amplifiers)... i heard, pioneer is also good, and at about the same price..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    mga sir, has anybody availed of zee-glaze paint protection by ziebart? whats your comment on this? is it true that after application of this, we wont have to use car shampoo and waxing on our cars? just plain water, and the paint's luster is preserved/maintained? thanks!!!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by franster View Post
    Has anyone change their stock head unit with after market ones? What brands can you suggest? Ideal para sa akin yung touch screen, with mp3-ipod-usb function, and of course excellent sound quality
    i'm satisfied with my pioneer avh-p3250dvd:

cheapest branded 2-din touchscreen hu (i think) for only 18k

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post

And nobody here know water injection better than me.

By the way folks if you block the EGR ona YD25 or ZD30 motor it raises the factory boost buy up to 6psi on some vehicles so I highly suggest you get a manual boost controller to prevent this as it will kill your turbo because of the higher exhaust gas temps. It kills the turbos in these all the time, get a manual boost controller and you don't have to worry about a boost spike and you maintain your factory boost or you can set it for a few psi higher. if you don't have one or a EGT gauge I highly suggest you wait until you do.
    [SIZE=2]I just read somewhere the pump dies,though i dont know if it was due to incorrect installation.. Since youre the athority when it comes to water injection can you suggest whats the better route to cleaner intake? As much as possible i dont want to block the EGR because of environmental concerns. Another question - If i do EGR blanking plus water-injection, do i still need the boost control? Im assuming that extra temp caused by blocking EGR can be compensated by the cooling-effect of water-injection?[/SIZE]