New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi mga sir!

I'm on the market for a b13 sentra. Nung una i was considering the ECCS kaso tingin ko mas praktikal yung LEC PS for the following reasons:

1. I can get younger models (98-00), and sabi nga nila... the newer the better

2. Theyre easier to maintain lalo nat hindi naman powered ang mga ammenities. Iniisip ko kasi baka maging sakit lang sha sa ulo in the future. So i decided to get a really basic car. Basta power steering ok na ako.

3. I want to take advantage of its resale value as a buyer. Nung una may pinuntahan akong seller ng corolla XE 92, really good condish naman pero for 110k. I was gonna go for it. Buti nalang nakapag research pako and this made me realize ma for almost the same price i can get a newer sentra.

So yun... i just need a basic car that i will use mainly for daily city driving.

Musta naman mga lec ps nyo?

Thanks in advance mga katsikot!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At over ten years old, it's best to really consider the condition over the age. To keep it running well, it's good if you have a mechanic who knows how to repair and tune carburetors properly to ensure that it's running well. The LEC is not as efficient as a Corolla 1.3L but it has better power.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks for the heads up Vinj!

Yup, I found a really good condish, well-maintained unit. It's selling at a hefty premium though. Pero if it's in good shape, i'd rather pay the extra to save myself from headaches. Pero hindi ko pa sya kinukuha.

Ditto on the carb issue.

Sometimes I'm thinking of getting an EFI based model nalang like the exalta STA or B14 super saloon. My aunt owned a 98 ex saloon MT before, i was her driver *kuno* for quite some time. I loved driving it kaso wala pa naman ako alam sa specifics ng kotse dati.hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you like to tinker, the carb model is ok. but if you just want to drive it, the efi will probably be the better choice. it's also probably more fuel-efficient.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Yun nga lang.hehehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    go for EFI na. i have a JX model, 1st car so wala pa masyadong alam at i bought it from a friend so ok lang. i converted it to PS and i am planning to convert it to an EFI engine, sr20. mas fuel efficient ang efi. a friend of mine got his eccs for 73k, ok na ok ang condition

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fc aside, i would recommend the LEC PS. Daming piyesa, malamig ang aircon, sarap imaneho. I owned one for eight years and it was so reliable.look for one na alagang alaga. And ang ganda pormahan ang b13.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks for the input guys! Ironically though, i bought myself a car that's not in my list of options. A 2005 Rav4. So much for fuel consumption.hahaha

But I'm still on the lookout for a B13 as a secondary/coding car... project car pwede narin. :D Yung LEC PS, hirap lang maghanap ng naalagan talaga compared sa ECCS and ex saloons. How are the parts availability for the ECCS models? Ganda talaga ng porma ng B13. Either that or the small body corolla. Kaso spec wise, mas lamang ang B13.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    91 sunny owner here (=

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Nice Mr. Budget! Still your daily commuter till now? Musta naman?

On the lookout pa ako for an ECCS or a younger LEC PS (98-01).. kung sino mauna sa kanilang 2. :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast