Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    one more thing that no one mentions...

may additional $$$ for white

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Just finished test drive with my brother sa Nissan North Edsa. Kahit na limited yung private service road na test drive, fruitful din yung punta.

Service interval for change oil recommended per booklet, 7,000kms/6mos whichever comes first. 3.4L Fully Synthetic oil 0w-20 SN ang required (or equivalent to Oil Grade APU SN ILSAC GF-5). Tinanong ko na sa agent bakit every 7k kms hindi man lang every 10k kms given na hindi always running yung engine? Pero yun ang nakaindicate sa booklet talaga, I borrowed during the test drive included the manual. (apparently even the 1.2L Almera requires 7k kms oil change interval/every 6 mos - never ako naginquire sa Almera kaya first I heard of this being a change oil interval. Akala ko pa una is Semi Synthetic gagamitin but looks like Fully. I might need to recheck this kung nakausap ko ulit yung agent)

The e-Power Battery, from the looks of the wordings sa booklet is not actively cooled. Passive lang din. Wala ako nakita sa drawing/diagram niya that radiator coolant has any direct connection to the battery to cool it down. The Coolant wordings also mainly mention cooling the engine only. No word about cooling the battery. So I would believe Passively cooled battery siya. But not much of a concern for me given we aren't charging it via DC and small capacity lang.

The dashboard of the Kicks, shows 2 distance that can be traveled. During the test drive, it displayed distance with fuel only at +/-145kms but beside it also shows "B" mode mileage, meaning combined EV and engine max distance was +/-185kms at the start of the drive. So assuming the FC of the Kicks 1.2 engine is the same as almera engine, the EV mode adds the additional 40kms based on the trip meter for the "city condition" drive the test drive subjects it to.

"B" mode with the driving just being standard (not ECO or Sport) is not jerky. My brother and I are fine with the setup/config. But going with B and switching it to ECO is "too aggressive". I couldn't find a workable "easing" off to accelerator to make it less jerky so best to not go with ECO mode when shifted to B, if you were to ask me.

While inside the car, audible ang engine and compressor but not uncomfortable. NVH is acceptable. But when you are outside, that aircon compressor emits an audible sharp sound (matinis) in a confined space inside the service area ng Nissan NE. So, take that as you will.

No word yet on price if need battery replacement pa din yung info ng Agent. Not sure pa siya kung meron na PMS schedule breakdown pricing na regular service. They will have to check pa daw.

Brakepads specifically written na every interval of PMS is for Inspection lang siya. So wala naman sinasabi about Replace at specific points given meron siya regen braking, which is good. Walang mislead sa booklet na "required" about it.

Coolant for replacement at 80k kms or 4 years using Nissan engine Coolant (Blue).

Dashboard warning lights do not include Oil Quality Warning light, but they do have the 12V charge warning light, so at least may heads up ka if malapit na need palitan yung 12V battery mo sa rear.

Overall, I found it to be good and practical for city driving, being the VE (midtrim). But may slight caveats pa din.

The Service booklet for the transmission oil ng Kicks, though walang volume and interval to replace, it does mention it as Nissan Matic S ATF in the booklet. Di din ako masagot kung meron ba need yung Kicks for Differential/Gear Oil kasi meron sa same booklet because it shares same booklet with 1.2 engine of Almera, and it separates tables if engine is for Almera and not Almera.

Iridium din sparkplug and recommended to change every 18mos/30k kms for the Kicks. If Almera 1.2, based sa booklet Platinum tipped Replace every 60k kms or 36 mos.

EDIT: rechecked photo nung sa Service booklet na isang page nakuha ko. May nakanote Inverter Coolant PMS schedule. For inspection siya everytime. But still, inverter coolant, nothing about battery coolant. Inverter Coolant Capacity is 3.21L with reservoir of 0.54L

6mo interval is typical for severe schedule. btw meron mineral oil na api SN or even SN-plus

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Sa Nissan NE kausap namin, ang freebie lang is Matt and Tint, walang sinabi na may payong or kasama seat cover for the mid and base model. hehe! Yung Tint is not 3m or Vkool (or their OEMs). Lumina lang meron sila on offer na free. LTO for 3 years is 8,900 ata out of pocket.

On another note, https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...-are-back.html so "just in time for the restart of Color Coding". How "timely" the coordination between LTO and MMDA. hehe!
    agent just sent my wife an email...

LTO with TPL is 10.4K
    3M Tint - full windshield (way better than what Toyota was offering for the Cross)
    24/7 roadside assistance (I guess since walang spare tire )

*until supplies last*

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    6mo interval is typical for severe schedule. btw meron mineral oil na api SN or even SN-plus

Thanks for this.

But to note, I also confirmed it with the Sales Agent and the Service Booklet. At present, barring anything else, nakalagay talaga 7500kms ang interval ng change oil. Hindi nakaspecify na dahil iyon sa Severe Conditions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20220816_142214.jpg   img_20220816_142237.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's an electric motor, not transmission fluid, no gear oil ... there's additional inverter coolant though ...

kick-e-power.jpg

Metro Manila is considered severe driving condition ... traffic, hear, dust, pollution ...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Thanks for this.

But to note, I also confirmed it with the Sales Agent and the Service Booklet. At present, barring anything else, nakalagay talaga 7500kms ang interval ng change oil. Hindi nakaspecify na dahil iyon sa Severe Conditions.
    basically naman... first 5 years (due to its warranty), no choice naman but to follow the 6 months interval. after 5 years... ibang usapan na

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    basically naman... first 5 years (due to its warranty), no choice naman but to follow the 6 months interval. after 5 years... ibang usapan na
    True. though I think "most" service agents I've dealt with for warranty claims hindi ginawang basis yung 6mos interval for service. But I've hadn't claimed warranty from Toyota. Sa Nissan and Mitsubishi I had for the family eventhough once 10k kms/1year ginagawa namin PMS interval. But 3 years lang warranty nung 2 cars na yun. So I can't say kung swerte lang or lenient lang yung kausap ko.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    True. though I think "most" service agents I've dealt with for warranty claims hindi ginawang basis yung 6mos interval for service. But I've hadn't claimed warranty from Toyota. Sa Nissan and Mitsubishi I had for the family eventhough once 10k kms/1year ginagawa namin PMS interval. But 3 years lang warranty nung 2 cars na yun. So I can't say kung swerte lang or lenient lang yung kausap ko.
    yeah... normally naman. madali kausap mga service advisor.

kaso there's always a first time

with normal cars, di pwede mag-matigas mga dealership kasi may option tayo magpagawa sa labas.
    for hybrids, not sure kung kaya na ng third party shops.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sabi pala ng agent sa Nissan Q. Ave. 10-15 years projected battery life. 260k ang spare battery.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Sabi pala ng agent sa Nissan Q. Ave. 10-15 years projected battery life. 260k ang spare battery.
    for the Battery or the whole system? hehe!

The Nissan Leaf Battery Costs More To Replace Than You Think

Parang mali naman 260k for a 2.13kwh battery pack. Especially kung early 2022 price ng Leaf EV 40kwh pack is 6500 to 7500usd. at around 5% capacity (2.13kwh). If we follow sa article price of 2020 battery price average of about 137usd per kwh, dapat ball park figure 291usd or say 300-400usd lang kung markup. at 60php per usd conversion, asa 18k to 24k php lang yun. nagdagdag sila ng 0 sa figure? hehe!