New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Nice in theory but I wonder how it is to drive, imagine accelerating and the engine noise is not changing and vice versa.
    believe me... after 2-3mins. masasanay ka din.

mas naiilang ako sa e-pedal.

my wife was very happy with the e-pedal, I can't imagine getting used to it tapos walang e-pedal yung other cars nyo.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    believe me... after 2-3mins. masasanay ka din.

mas naiilang ako sa e-pedal.

my wife was very happy with the e-pedal, I can't imagine getting used to it tapos walang e-pedal yung other cars nyo.
    What the difference with the e-pedal?
    yung feel? resistance?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a luxury car manufacturer decided they had insulated the driver from external noise too well, it felt like sensory deprivation.
    they de-insulated the car a bit.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    What the difference with the e-pedal?
    yung feel? resistance?
    yes... its like driving a manual car in 2nd gear all the time

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My sister test drove the Kicks last Saturday. She told me that she likes it. It's one of her options to replace her Mazda 2.

If Toyota doesn't have stocks of the Corolla Cross Hybrid within the month, my sister might go with the Kicks VL variant.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    it was on display ( the weekend before its release) sa Circuit.

and even Nissan showrooms are busy thanks to the Kicks...

gaano katagal naghintay neighbor mo?

when I spoke to Toyota BGC, nasa 3 months daw waiting ng White Hybrid.
    Subic had a ready unit... pero naiilang ako bumili outside Metro Manila
    North Edsa, at present, said there is availability for units, if reservation is placed before end of the month, they can work on getting your unit allocation from the "plant" (Nissan PH yard). We inquired for the VE trim. Did not ask about the colors, especially the white as it is additional 15k php. hehe!

Reservation is 50k php though, not your standard 5k or 10k php. But I understand to a degree because the higher reservation fee will give someone not decided pause before putting it down.

As for the insurance, North Edsa was also willing to provide/make their insurance in house quotation competitive with other quotations you may have gotten a quote from. FYI.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    I have to correct a few things.

Agent was wrong about that "B" readout on the dash. It was actually the Trip B Readout, assuming you want to get the reading of the kms traveled from the point of reset to "present". It isn't the mileage readout of fuel + EV. So that's one update.

Tire Psi is 33 front, 30 psi rear.

The max distance travelled is correct. It does display maximum distance you can travel on a full tank, but it has no estimate with a combined with EV "total range" that I could find as of now (yet). Will have to tinker with my friend's unit another time to get a better understanding of it.

So, as an example, from showroom to gas station, total distance travelled was approx 6kms, but the total distance remaining that can be travelled only "dropped" by a total of 3 kms. So in that short "trip" as it were, you could generalize it as the EV battery was able to "double" what would "could have been travelled" with just gasoline alone in that short stint of city driving.

Still haven't found a way to see the car's estimate for km per liter consumption average, or if there is a "live" readout like other ICE vehicles.

When putting the car in reverse, it is actually emitting a "unique" sound. Didn't hear this in the test drive before, nor did I hear it inside the car at all. But outside, friend said it was "unique". While the gasoline attendant told us it sounded like the car was "about to transform" when we were backing it up to the check proper tire pressure. (whatever that means)

Per his sales agent, the price really is introductory. Expect it to increase. Not much in the way of freebies you'd expect. No free 1000kms checkup or the first actual pms at 7k kms. Not even a free labor voucher like Inteco at all. But friend already requested a price breakdown for the regular PMS if and when his agent is able to obtain it. Hopefully it isn't "shocking".

Per agent as well, there is limited stock of first batch. Might not even number in the 100s (supposedly). And his unit was the 4th Kicks unit released this month by his dealer.

At the steering wheel, further inspection actually shows that there might be some way to "Tweak" and adjust to preference the regen braking. We haven't found it yet because pressing the button or holding it for 5 seconds didn't do anything as of yet. So will have to check it in the manual how those buttons will work.

EDIT: re PMS Interval, for clarification. since friend has his own copy na, may pang "light reading" na to pass the time. Misreading pala yung 6mos/7k kms interval. That only applies to HRA0DET Engine, or what is the same 1.0L Turbo Engine in the current TOTL Almera. The engine in the Kicks is HR12DE, so the interval should be every 6mos/10k kms. The "note" for "Severe conditions" as stipulated in the booklet of what those conditions would count as "severe" would move that interval for the HR12DE engine to 3mos/5k kms need for PMS.

EDIT 2: Found it in the booklet where to get the Fuel Economy of each "trip" (from on to off). They call it an ECO DRIVE Report and you can enable/disable it. Will have to check if the Kicks is equipped with it because the manual mentions "If Equipped". Max history is up to 5 trips.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    for the Battery or the whole system? hehe!

The Nissan Leaf Battery Costs More To Replace Than You Think

Parang mali naman 260k for a 2.13kwh battery pack. Especially kung early 2022 price ng Leaf EV 40kwh pack is 6500 to 7500usd. at around 5% capacity (2.13kwh). If we follow sa article price of 2020 battery price average of about 137usd per kwh, dapat ball park figure 291usd or say 300-400usd lang kung markup. at 60php per usd conversion, asa 18k to 24k php lang yun. nagdagdag sila ng 0 sa figure? hehe!
    I would think 24k is too cheap naman.
    A 60Ah (0.72kWh * 12V) Lithium-ion Group-27 (3SM local equivalent) battery is already $950. Source: Group'-'27 Lithium Car Battery – Antigravity Batteries
    Buy three of those to get 2.16 kWh and you're close to $3000.

I think EV batteries scale well going up which is why we have that lower price per kWh, but prices likely don't scale too good going down to lower capacities.
    Need fewer cells to make a smaller battery pack, but the control electronics, protective casing and cooling system are still part of the battery module.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; August 31st, 2022 at 10:12 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I would think 24k is too cheap naman.
    A 60Ah (0.72kWh * 12V) Lithium-ion Group-27 (3SM local equivalent) battery is already $950. Source: Group'-'27 Lithium Car Battery – Antigravity Batteries
    Buy three of those to get 2.16 kWh and you're close to $3000.
    Really can't say. We are all using whatever reference we can get to guess-timate it. hehe!

But did check the battery link you sent. That battery has wireless capability with BMS and jumpstart feature etc. I know it is a possible reference though first time seeing such a battery as well. hehe!

Well, hopefully, a clearer picture will come from Nissan PH After Sales or their CAC group. The estimate I gave is a little "hopeful" given that it isn't a complete ratio and proportion as there is a fixed cost for the components like the casing, fabrication etc that isn't able to be "spread out" to the total battery capacity costs "more evenly" as it is a smaller size.

It's currently a wait and see. I wonder if Nissan TH and SG have price parts costs in their site. Will have to check.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    A look at the Nissan Note e-Power battery system (exactly the same as the Nissan Kicks e-Power: HR12DE gas i3 + EM47/57 synchronous hybrid, just with slightly smaller battery capacity).
    Car won't start daw coz the high voltage battery system got discharged and now it won't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBguV6ZwDsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcTg8MZpsc

I really don't think you can get that whole system replaced for just 24k. Thing with CASA service is I'm sure they will insist on replacing the entire module as a whole, so we're going to need an industry of EV tinkerers to emerge so we can have the possibility of replacing the individual cells in the pack. AFAIK it uses 18650 just like a lot of other EVs.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; August 31st, 2022 at 10:39 PM.