New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    For a pure city car parang a pure BEV will be better?

I don't see how the Kicks will save on PMS. There's still the regular oil changes and maintenance for the gas engine which will still be running almost as much as a regular car since the battery is so small it's essentially just a supercapacitor for converting gasoline into electricity.

Following a conversation with a Tesla Model S owner in the Interesting Car Spotting Facebook Group the Model S running cost is about P2.00/km. That's massively cheaper to run than the Kicks, assuming which assuming 22km/li and P70li = P3.18/km, and that's assuming zero cost for PMS for the internal combustion engine. If you spend P1/li on PMS (equal to P5,000 service every 5,000km) then the Kicks will cost twice as much to run as a Tesla Model S.
    the only reason why we're excited about the Kicks is because of its price.

we can't compare it to other EVs as you can buy 2 Kicks for the price of 1 Weltmeister

yes, an EV will be cheaper but not everyone to run, but not everyone can spend 10M (est) on a car without any local support. (some people even find the Wuling too expensive without the local dealership/service center)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    SM manila city hole has an EV charging station, but i have not seen any EV get recharged there, yet.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    the only reason why we're excited about the Kicks is because of its price.

we can't compare it to other EVs as you can buy 2 Kicks for the price of 1 Weltmeister

yes, an EV will be cheaper but not everyone to run, but not everyone can spend 10M (est) on a car without any local support. (some people even find the Wuling too expensive without the local dealership/service center)
    Yes. This is true for me and my friend's situation. Starting at a price range and the size of car/interior space.

That automatically removed all the BEVs and Toyota's hybrids.

So use case and buffer for possible cost to repair the battery was another consideration before he leaned fully to the Kicks.

Since i have say half the monthy fuel expense than my friend, the cost benefit for me isn't yet outweighed by a possible major expense on the battery on the 10th year.

For my friend though, assuming it can halve his monthly fuel expenses as i posted, that provides an acceptable buffer via the fuel savings that 'should' cover a battery replacement for the Kicks even if on the low end it will total 200k php and high end 300k. Assuming the expense. While at the same time be able to enjoy a performance with an EV motor with single gear. (no shift shock or cvt rubber banding).

So if it were an ICE car, minus the 250k to 300k php. That puts him in base/mid tier Coolray, BRV, and TOTL Raize. HRV non turbo would be out because it is already priced close to the Kicks 1.309m php.

This was our spitballing discussions of what it was being compared against.

If you are able to have the flexilibility to buy a BEV though, of course, that needs stretching budgets closer to 2.5m to 3m php then more power to them.

I believe a subcompact BEV should be priced closer to TOTL compact ICE equivalent and a compact BEV closer to a midsize equivalent. But that is sadly not the case on our shores (yet). Hopefully there is a chance for it change though.

As of right now, the Kicks at least gives you the opportunity to actually consider a Hybrid below 1.5m.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    As of right now, the Kicks at least gives you the opportunity to actually consider a Hybrid below 1.5m.
    exactly.

for the mid-range Kicks, your other options are (non-hybrid) Cross, non-Turbo HR-V, Territory, Geely and MG

yes, its not a feature packed as the Chinese (incl Ford) but its not as bare as the non-hybrid Cross.

safest bet will be the HR-V... you get that super old Honda engine + sensing

Just imagine how strange and old will it feel to buy a car in 2022 without ADAS and a hybrid system...

it will just be like buying a CD-5 or FX in '94... both cars came out of the dealership without seatbelts!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Hindi ba add-ons yang EWD? When I was purchasing the car, hindi sana ibigay eh until I asked.
    But the jack should come as standard.
    If there is a spare tire, there's a jack ... but since no spare tire ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    - On observation, there were random points in time where the EV Battery has more than one bar charge remaining yet the 1.2 engine turns on for just less than 5 seconds. but the monitor is showing it just switched on but wasn't charging the battery in that time. It happened a few times and he already inquired to the agent to ask if that is normal. Is it possible the engine was just starting and turning off to maintain "optimal temperature" of oil? This was odd if true. Can't say if it "should be expected to happen" for a series hybrid to have the engine run without charging the EV battery.

EDIT: Friend called. Kicks doesn't just come without a spare tire. It also doesn't come with a jack.

One of the parameters for the engine to turn on and off is road noise ...

One get the jack if spare tire was provided ...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    kinakalimutan nyo ang pinakamura na E.V na kaya tumapat sa tesla eh Build Your Dreams Dolphin price at 1.8million. Kung mag discount sila less 400thou eh bili agad ako

Tamang-tama dapat sila magdiscount kasi nagbenta na ng stocks si warren.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I don't see how the Kicks will save on PMS. There's still the regular oil changes and maintenance for the gas engine which will still be running almost as much as a regular car since the battery is so small it's essentially just a supercapacitor for converting gasoline into electricity.

Following a conversation with a Tesla Model S owner in the Interesting Car Spotting Facebook Group the Model S running cost is about P2.00/km. That's massively cheaper to run than the Kicks, assuming which assuming 22km/li and P70li = P3.18/km, and that's assuming zero cost for PMS for the internal combustion engine. If you spend P1/li on PMS (equal to P5,000 service every 5,000km) then the Kicks will cost twice as much to run as a Tesla Model S.

Maintenance savings would be ... lesser cost on maintenance of the brake system ... no alternator to consider ... no starter ...

Tesla might be cheaper to run but how much do they cost to acquire? ...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

safest bet will be the HR-V... you get that super old Honda engine + sensing
    R18X something parin yung engine ng new HR-V? The turbo variant is newish powertrain right? Same engine in the current Civic?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my opinion,
    battery technology still has to catch up with the dream.