New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    A/C issue: The Nissan Kicks apparently has an aircon issue, Nissan PH responds quickly - AutoPH

Attachment 43286

2-3 months waiting time for the replacement parts pa

In the meantime, gamit muna ng portable fan sa kotse?
    I am curious what the odo readings of those first batch Kicks owners are "at". Curious if the compressors failing could have been due to them just running the aircon while idling for "extremely long periods" in an enclosed space? This is a curiosity as to what could have made it prematurely fail.

My friend's Kicks odo reading is above 2000kms at this point in time as part of those first batches sold back in Aug/September 2022.

Not discounting the issue about compressor failure, just curious if there are factors that "accelerated" wear/damage.

Friend's main issue about his Kicks is the Auto Emergency Braking (AEB), it has already happened twice where the Kicks has just engaged the AEB but there was nothing in front of him. At his 1000kms checkup Nissan NE already checked it but it has still happened. So he has just opted to turn it off. Problem is, on every restart of the vehicle, it defaults to ON and there appears to be no sensitivity adjustment in the settings.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Maybe a large bug landed on the sensor ...

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Maybe a large bug landed on the sensor ...
    I can't 100% percent confirm that there wasn't a bug, but friend says there was nothing in front of him, twice that it happened. And when we did drive around that one time, the Forward Collision Warning (different from the AEB - Auto Emergency Braking) also alerted for that instance eventhough there was nothing in front. So, no idea at all. He relayed it to Nissan NE and they did a check/diagnostics already. They didn't find anything of issue with their software/hardware per their training.

So, for the meantime, wait and see muna siya. Magtanong tanong na lang kung meron na bago software update for the Safety Sensors as well as the dash para isang punta na lang sana. hehe!

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Friend has already done the first change oil this month for "10k kms PMS" for his Kicks eventhough he is just around 3500kms. Reason is Nissan called him that he needs to have the Kicks serviced because it has been "6 months". But after correcting them that the first 1000km PMS had only been done last November 2022, he was still told to bring it in. Keep in mind, Nissan NE themselves put a sticker on the windshield of the car that he should bring it in on May 2023, not Feb 2023.

After arriving to Nissan NE, it turns out the advice for 6 mos change oil interval for Feb 2023 was because they were counting from when he bought the car and picked it up, August 31, 2023. counting the 6 months would put you in February. So rather than argue, he just had it done since the warranty hinges of following PMS advice.

His total cost for the 1st PMS was 49XX php. In the original estimate there was no mention of it but in the actual breakdown, they ended up doing a "spray" of the anti bacterial canister. The cost was around +/-500php, so if he had the chance to refuse it, then the cost for 10k PMS would have been +/- 4500php.

Also, the oil being used for PMS is Mineral Oil only, not semi or fully synthetic. And Nissan NE used 10W30. I was curious about the viscosity when he showed me the receipt and we looked through the manual, it says Nissan Motor Oil 0W-20 is "recommended". But since it came from Nissan themselves to use Mineral Oil during change oil, there didn't seem to be a reason to have it changes to FS, especially since they adviced him that he will still need to have his oil changed in 6 mos, and that it would cost more to use FS during the PMS.

So, for other Kicks owners here, I wonder what your first change oil experience was and how much it cost.

I'm personally a little baffled by the oil used as it is higher on both cold and warmed up temp viscosity per my understanding and that would also mean that it is "less efficient" as it is using a more "viscous" oil that recommended. Other than that, they did update him Head Unit now with a later version.

But the Li-ion Battery Charge Gauge at the bottom left of the dashboard, he was surprised to find out that it was a "Thailand Only" spec that had it showing in the dashboard. Mind you, the screen area is there, it is only a software update that you would "theoretically" need for it to appear on the lower left of the whole dashboard to show battery charge level similar to mobile phones with a lightning bolt symbols beside it to show that it is "charging". So I don't get what the hubbub is all about and with Nissan PH won't include/pay for it, when the dashboard can literally show a larger version of it with the outline of the car and the 4 cell battery symbol and engine in the center of the dashboard. Kind of makes me wonder if there is any logical "savings" to deleting the software feature from the car.

NOTE: Friend has no AC Compressor issues and Nissan NE did check and found no concerns with his airconditioning as well.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Friend has already done the first change oil this month for "10k kms PMS" for his Kicks eventhough he is just around 3500kms. Reason is Nissan called him that he needs to have the Kicks serviced because it has been "6 months". But after correcting them that the first 1000km PMS had only been done last November 2022, he was still told to bring it in. Keep in mind, Nissan NE themselves put a sticker on the windshield of the car that he should bring it in on May 2023, not Feb 2023.

After arriving to Nissan NE, it turns out the advice for 6 mos change oil interval for Feb 2023 was because they were counting from when he bought the car and picked it up, August 31, 2023. counting the 6 months would put you in February. So rather than argue, he just had it done since the warranty hinges of following PMS advice.

His total cost for the 1st PMS was 49XX php. In the original estimate there was no mention of it but in the actual breakdown, they ended up doing a "spray" of the anti bacterial canister. The cost was around +/-500php, so if he had the chance to refuse it, then the cost for 10k PMS would have been +/- 4500php.

Also, the oil being used for PMS is Mineral Oil only, not semi or fully synthetic. And Nissan NE used 10W30. I was curious about the viscosity when he showed me the receipt and we looked through the manual, it says Nissan Motor Oil 0W-20 is "recommended". But since it came from Nissan themselves to use Mineral Oil during change oil, there didn't seem to be a reason to have it changes to FS, especially since they adviced him that he will still need to have his oil changed in 6 mos, and that it would cost more to use FS during the PMS.

So, for other Kicks owners here, I wonder what your first change oil experience was and how much it cost.

I'm personally a little baffled by the oil used as it is higher on both cold and warmed up temp viscosity per my understanding and that would also mean that it is "less efficient" as it is using a more "viscous" oil that recommended. Other than that, they did update him Head Unit now with a later version.

But the Li-ion Battery Charge Gauge at the bottom left of the dashboard, he was surprised to find out that it was a "Thailand Only" spec that had it showing in the dashboard. Mind you, the screen area is there, it is only a software update that you would "theoretically" need for it to appear on the lower left of the whole dashboard to show battery charge level similar to mobile phones with a lightning bolt symbols beside it to show that it is "charging". So I don't get what the hubbub is all about and with Nissan PH won't include/pay for it, when the dashboard can literally show a larger version of it with the outline of the car and the 4 cell battery symbol and engine in the center of the dashboard. Kind of makes me wonder if there is any logical "savings" to deleting the software feature from the car.

NOTE: Friend has no AC Compressor issues and Nissan NE did check and found no concerns with his airconditioning as well.
    There is something from this CASA that you can't easily trust.
    If you can't confirm the specific oil it poured into the vehicle, much better to avail the cheaper but better one, Semi-synthetic.

Since this is an EV, maybe the mineral oil is enough since the load of the engine is just to charge the battery.

Next, is ano breakdown ng 4900?
    Parang masyado namang mahal yan kahit i remove yung bacterial canister.
    My experience for a 2.2 diesel 2nd PMS only cost me 3k+, but Semi synthetic pinalagay ko and remove unnecessary ones.
    Supposedly mas mababa dapat pms cost since this is technically an EV, even the price of mineral oil should not be that much.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    There is something from this CASA that you can't easily trust.
    If you can't confirm the specific oil it poured into the vehicle, much better to avail the cheaper but better one, Semi-synthetic.

Since this is an EV, maybe the mineral oil is enough since the load of the engine is just to charge the battery.

Next, is ano breakdown ng 4900?
    Parang masyado namang mahal yan kahit i remove yung bacterial canister.
    My experience for a 2.2 diesel 2nd PMS only cost me 3k+, but Semi synthetic pinalagay ko and remove unnecessary ones.
    Supposedly mas mababa dapat pms cost since this is technically an EV, even the price of mineral oil should not be that much.
    Late reply to this. Recent lang kami nakapagusap ulit.

Mineral Oil 4 liters, 10w30 = 1,888.23php (personally concerned ako dito kahit Nissan Casa mismo nagsabi yan lang kelangan kasi sa service booklet dapat 0w-20 ang recommended. Parang after change oil nga, napansin ng friend ko lower yung FC average niya even with similar conditions. still monitoring but currently observing City FC loss of around 1 to 2km/l, but for verification).

Brake paste Anti squeal = 201php (needed daw pero sa next PMS papatanggalan na niya muna. Gawin na lang annually rather than every 6 mos)
    Cartul Brake Cleaner = 362php (same sa above)
    Anti Bac = 522.86php (papatanggal na talaga next time)
    10k kms PMS Labor = 841php
    misc charge = 377.23 php

Hope this helps sa clarification.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    afaik that's the old almera engine so i don't even know if it's a good idea to use 0w20 on that old engine

0w20 is for fuel economy in exchange for some wear protection. just asked chatgpt and it says up to 2% better. but i see the 1% figure often in places like bitog

was recently in the same predicament w/ my jimny. i opted for the 5w30 semi-synthetic rather than the 0w20

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Late reply to this. Recent lang kami nakapagusap ulit.

Mineral Oil 4 liters, 10w30 = 1,888.23php (personally concerned ako dito kahit Nissan Casa mismo nagsabi yan lang kelangan kasi sa service booklet dapat 0w-20 ang recommended. Parang after change oil nga, napansin ng friend ko lower yung FC average niya even with similar conditions. still monitoring but currently observing City FC loss of around 1 to 2km/l, but for verification).

Brake paste Anti squeal = 201php (needed daw pero sa next PMS papatanggalan na niya muna. Gawin na lang annually rather than every 6 mos)
    Cartul Brake Cleaner = 362php (same sa above)
    Anti Bac = 522.86php (papatanggal na talaga next time)
    10k kms PMS Labor = 841php
    misc charge = 377.23 php

Hope this helps sa clarification.
    Isang tube yata ng brake paste ang inubos nila.. mehel.na brake paste

Brake cleaner 200 lang per can yan

Mas ok siguro 0w20.. kasi iba naman ang engine load nyan compared sa conventional car.. generator ang load.. steady rpm more or less
    Last edited by yapoy86; March 25th, 2023 at 10:39 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    For context about FC loss. After PMS, average speed na 13 or 14kmph, hindi na makakuha daw ng average na 16kmpl or higher. Highest na daw ngyn is 15.5kmpl, and at present, pinakita sa akin trip readout 13kmph average speed below 15kmpl pa ngayon, at 14.6kmpl.

Pero observe pa if most likely culprit is 10w30. So sa susunud na change oil, checheck din price difference if worth it ba mag FS (or kung may semi synth sa Nissan) to 'regain' fuel savings. Observe...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Nissan Acknowledges Kicks E-Power AC Issue, Says Fix Has Been Found | CarGuide

Without going into details, Nissan says they’ve found the culprit, and that they’re starting to offer the fix for free to customers, at least in Thailand first. They will also issue a formal recall in order to fix all affected units in due time.

Moreover, Nissan has already rectified the issue starting with units produced February 2023 onwards.