New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    better heat insulation yung SRC panel, right?

btw i'm going to build a small parking shed. what can you say about onduline roofing? no need to use foam/foil insulation like you would on a metal roof, right? it's just gonna be for the car and i just don't wanna feel the heat while working on the car
    Ok ba onduline sa typhoons? Pwede tapakan in case need maintenance?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Imo you dont need insulation for a parking shed if its open on 2 or more sides anyway. If you want insulation on your long span roofing, Metalink and Puyat has variants with a 25-200mm foam insulation built in

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Imo you dont need insulation for a parking shed if its open on 2 or more sides anyway. If you want insulation on your long span roofing, Metalink and Puyat has variants with a 25-200mm foam insulation built in
    Mainit pa din ang radiated heat from the roof kahit open all sides, unless sobra taas ng roof.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Do you know of a contractor who do fire sprinkler heads relocation/adjustment? let say from pendent to upright.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post

that's my open shed, summer of 2022. i'll be installing double-foil insulation on that shed. tama si boybi, it's radiation, kaya meron foil layers. same reason why thermos bottles are mirrored inside, to reflect back the radiation

Ok ba onduline sa typhoons? Pwede tapakan in case need maintenance?

pwede yan. i think it needs to use more fasteners than metal roof though. just use 4x4 traction boards to spread the load if you wanna send someone up there to step on the onduline

speaking of summer. i just tested Campbridge CeramiCoat paint. it's just 5c cooler than ordinary white paint. that's not significant

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

pwede yan. i think it needs to use more fasteners than metal roof though. just use 4x4 traction boards to spread the load if you wanna send someone up there to step on the onduline
    Baka dumulas yung traction board sa roof.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Hello! Can you recommend where to get solid wood planks and doors? For doors, ung may nag ooffer ng kamagong and narra besides the usual mahogany and tanguile.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Hello! Can you recommend where to get solid wood planks and doors? For doors, ung may nag ooffer ng kamagong and narra besides the usual mahogany and tanguile.
    Look into imported species like beech & oak should you plan lighter natural shades. Walnut for darker ones. These might end up costing you less than illegally sourced local exotic timber. Just dunno where to point you up the capital.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Good Narra is very hard to find now. What is readily available now warps and tends to have imperfections. The best Narra could be found from reusing old Narra from demolished houses since these are done warping and are usually wider. If you have time, you can buy new Narra and let it warp for some time until the moisture content drops. If you have time and a lot of money, you can call house demolition companies and ask if they have been recently able to extract good Narra, this needs a good contractor to finish and install.

You can get Burmese Teak as an alternative. I cant recommend a supplier for either because these tend to be.......

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012

that's my open shed, summer of 2022. i'll be installing double-foil insulation on that shed. tama si boybi, it's radiation, kaya meron foil layers. same reason why thermos bottles are mirrored inside, to reflect back the radiation
    Wow, whats the color of the roof? White or darker colors make a significant difference

House Construction