New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677787980 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Maganda kaya ito mga master compare sa cubo modular?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by donski View Post

Kakalawangin yung base nyan if may baha.
    Parang hindi pang long term base niya.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Realistic cost per container van structure is 400T-500T each ...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2024
    thank you *travajante and *viper888 for the inputs.

It seems it's difficult to find good narra or even kamagong nowadays. Pinto kasi ng mga lumang bahay namin is either narra or kamagong and matibay talaga. Mas matanda pa sakin mga to . I asked my contractor, un daw isang bahay na ginawa nila na narra ang mga wood planks sa Mindanao pa raw nasource.

Anyway, what would you suggest for main door na hindi mahirap isource at ciempre matibay? How about bedroom doors? Meron ba good quality flush doors or would you suggest to go for solid wood doors for bedrooms?

Thank you!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post

It seems it's difficult to find good narra or even kamagong nowadays. Pinto kasi ng mga lumang bahay namin is either narra or kamagong and matibay talaga. Mas matanda pa sakin mga to . I asked my contractor, un daw isang bahay na ginawa nila na narra ang mga wood planks sa Mindanao pa raw nasource.

Anyway, what would you suggest for main door na hindi mahirap isource at ciempre matibay? How about bedroom doors? Meron ba good quality flush doors or would you suggest to go for solid wood doors for bedrooms?

Thank you!
    I got my solid doors from a local door makers and from wilcon. Not much difference. The important thing is that the installer knows his stuff, I ended up trimming all my doors and aligning some as they swell during the rainy days. On hindsight, they should have allowances for this for external doors

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by donski View Post

caveat: i did not view the entire video.

google for the pros and cons of container van dwellings.
    i was surprised when i did.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post

Thank you!
    Go solid custom, if budget allows. Opt euro-spec mortise locksets over cylindrical. Way more durable & you can swap levers, profile cylinders & the lock mechanisms separately....plus, depending on brand support, you can have multiple sets keyed-alike.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Go solid custom, if budget allows. Opt euro-spec mortise locksets over cylindrical. Way more durable & you can swap levers, profile cylinders & the lock mechanisms separately....plus, depending on brand support, you can have multiple sets keyed-alike.[emoji4]

More tips. Install your pre-finished doors & door sets last when you're about to move in. This prevents wood damage/scars from construction traffic.
    Make sure to have gaps between concrete blockout & jambs to avoid moisture contamination on wood components. Helps prevent jamb swelling on rainy, highly humid days. Avoid the old method of casting the jamb onto the concrete wall.
    Hilti & Fischer have Frame Fixings/Door Jamb screws that are perfect for this application. Jambs can also be milled to take rubber seal to get that fridge door feel & insulation.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Kakalawangin yung base nyan if may baha.
    Parang hindi pang long term base niya.
    Ah ganon pala so mas maganda elevate sa semento ano saka may rustproofing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Realistic cost per container van structure is 400T-500T each ...
    Ang mahal din pala sir.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

Thank you! I have started looking for shops doing custom made doors. Hope to find a good one with good price.

House Construction