New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Planning to construct my retirement home in a few years. Will leave the old house to my son na.

Should I start the planning/layout of the house now? I think I'll start construction in 3yrs. Bungalow lang para wala na stairs.

How much na ba ang charge ng architects? How about interior designers? Pano charges nila? May additional expenses ba for them if sa province ang project and from NCR ang architect and interior designer?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The earlier you plan, the better ... best to get architect that is also builder ... that way, less friction ... you don't really need an interior designer ...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Hello! One of the shops na hiningan ko ng quote for a narra solid panel door na 240 x 100 ang dimension gave me a quote of 45k, no finish yet. Reasonable na ba to?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Hello! One of the shops na hiningan ko ng quote for a narra solid panel door na 240 x 100 ang dimension gave me a quote of 45k, no finish yet. Reasonable na ba to?
    Kasama na door jamb?

1bft of narra should be less than 400.00 plus labor
    Last edited by boybi; April 1st, 2024 at 08:40 PM.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Kasama na door jamb?

1bft of narra should be less than 400.00 plus labor
    hindi pa. kiln dried din daw po ito.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Planning to construct my retirement home in a few years. Will leave the old house to my son na.

Should I start the planning/layout of the house now? I think I'll start construction in 3yrs. Bungalow lang para wala na stairs.

How much na ba ang charge ng architects? How about interior designers? Pano charges nila? May additional expenses ba for them if sa province ang project and from NCR ang architect and interior designer?
    You can start planning it early but prepare your wishlist for your house like how many bedrooms, entertainment rooms, mancave, and number of parking slots because this is Tsikot. Your architect would find the information useful in designing initial schemes.

Some architects charge by percentage of construction cost or per square meter. There would be additional expenses if the site is far from their office or home, they can charge transport such as flights to the owner. I think the rule is 120 kms before the owner can be charged for transport costs. Main issue with building in the province if youre not familiar with the area is getting a contractor. Interior Designers typically charge per sqm as well.

I would avoid getting a design and build contract unless you trust the architect or have previous experience with them.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Expensive, I checked a cost proposal from a few months ago and the cost for a 270x100 door is 14k for the door panel and 4.6k for the jamb. This one excludes finishing but includes sanding. I cant recommend this supplier because some of the doors are warping

8. Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Expensive, I checked a cost proposal from a few months ago and the cost for a 270x100 door is 14k for the door panel and 4.6k for the jamb. This one excludes finishing but includes sanding. I cant recommend this supplier because some of the doors are warping
    narra wood din yan sir?

Etong hiningan ko ng quote nasabi pa sakin na ung ginagawa nila main door ngayon is for the Ty's of Metrobank. Baka high profile pala mga client nito.

Anyway sir may marerecommend ka ba shop na gumagawa ng custom made door na narra na reasonable ang price?

Etong narra door namin dito sa bahay sobrang tagal na pero walang warp. Same with our kamagong door in the province.

Nagtanong-tanong ako ung kamagong daw hindi na or bihira na gamitin kasi madali raw mabiyak. Dapat daw pang accent lang ito. So I guess I will go with narra.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    narra wood din yan sir?

Etong hiningan ko ng quote nasabi pa sakin na ung ginagawa nila main door ngayon is for the Ty's of Metrobank. Baka high profile pala mga client nito.

Anyway sir may marerecommend ka ba shop na gumagawa ng custom made door na narra na reasonable ang price?

Etong narra door namin dito sa bahay sobrang tagal na pero walang warp. Same with our kamagong door in the province.

Nagtanong-tanong ako ung kamagong daw hindi na or bihira na gamitin kasi madali raw mabiyak. Dapat daw pang accent lang ito. So I guess I will go with narra.
    I cant give contracts to strangers in the internet for these things.

Ask your supplier whats the source of his Narra. High profile would source Narra from old demolished houses and buildings. These are the best because they have the widest planks and are done warping. Other suppliers are usually silent about their source but sometimes we believe they smuggle it from Malaysia and it warps

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013

MAGKANO MAGPAGAWA NG BAHAY 2024
    Oliver Austria

How Much Does It Cost to Build a Container Home? • Presello BYO 22
    Presello

House Construction