New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Okay thanks so i'll just use distilled water and im also wary of using dishwashing liquid and the chemicals in windshield washer. It is just that spraying distilled water alone would not give the lubricity needed to clean the windshield.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Just buy a windshield washer fluid.. less than 200 pesos per 2 liter jug.. will last you more than a year.. helps your wiper last long too..
    Last edited by yapoy86; May 23rd, 2020 at 07:01 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I check on the air filter and its fixed inside the black casing I thought it is removable.... is this washable same with cabin filter? will just wash it once or twice before replacing it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^OE air filters are disposable bro, replace in 1yr or 20k kms.

If for inspection/temporary cleaning, shake/vacuum the outside part to loosen/suck the dirt. Vacuuming from the inside forces more dirt thus clogging the element. Filter element deteriorates when washed, i'd only do this temporarily if replacement is not readily available. Make sure its completely dry else it could choke the engine.

By the looks of your filter/discoloration from the inside, its stuffed and needs replacement.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^OE air filters are disposable bro, replace in 1yr or 20k kms.

If for inspection/temporary cleaning, shake/vacuum the outside part to loosen/suck the dirt. Vacuuming from the inside forces more dirt thus clogging the element. Filter element deteriorates when washed, i'd only do this temporarily if replacement is not readily available. Make sure its completely dry else it could choke the engine.

By the looks of your filter/discoloration from the inside, its stuffed and needs replacement.
    Okay thanks bro. I'll just replaced it with Sakura that you posted before but will they noticed that I replaced it with aftermarket because I will be doing pms in casa. How about the cabin filter? Is it washable? because in my other toyota ride I just wash it once or twice if it is not that dirty yet.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Use only orig filters if still under warranty, that will be the basis for warranty claims. You could show your receipt if you're bringing your own supplies and iff service allows it. Dirty filter could result to erratic idling, poor FC, fouled air-flow sensors, accelerated wear of oil. Same goes to cabin filters as the dirt build-up on evaporator often causes premature corrosion,AC leak, damaged blower motor.

After warrantey, you could do much TLC by replacing twice or more if you want using replacement filters which cost3x or less of the orig. Same goes with cabin filter. Theoretically cabin filters esp those synthetic media can be washed depending on how clogged it is. those with activated carbon are not washable as it loose the carbon if washed.

How many yrs to wait pa before warranty expires?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Use only orig filters if still under warranty, that will be the basis for warranty claims. You could show your receipt if you're bringing your own supplies and iff service allows it. Dirty filter could result to erratic idling, poor FC, fouled air-flow sensors, accelerated wear of oil. Same goes to cabin filters as the dirt build-up on evaporator often causes premature corrosion,AC leak, damaged blower motor.

After warrantey, you could do much TLC by replacing twice or more if you want using replacement filters which cost3x or less of the orig. Same goes with cabin filter. Theoretically cabin filters esp those synthetic media can be washed depending on how clogged it is. those with activated carbon are not washable as it loose the carbon if washed.

How many yrs to wait pa before warranty expires?
    Okay bro noted on this. Next year the vehicle will be 3yrs so I'll just do pms at casa this june and probably another one on january 2021 and that's it.... after that I can do it on my own with non-casa I think most of us here who are knowledgeable with maintenance do it outside casa after 3yrs or some do remain with casa?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Some would stick to casa esp those without know-how, no time, dispose car every 3-5yrs.

Some would DIY for hobby and to save money

On my personal rides, i'm more comfortable knowing the vehicle quirks, maintenance, temperament predictability as i do lots of long driving, my safety depends on it. For the hard, time-consuming, and dirty jobs i just delegate them to shops or local help.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Can you help me identify the two circles? is it fuse box and ecu? not written in the manual..... also I noticed that the oil filter for this engine is located at the bottom so you need to lift the vehicle to have it replaced.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    We have different lay-out. Mine is just air pre-cleaner and ECU centronics connector is upside. Maybe you could open that yellow box to further investigate. My fuse/relay box is inside almost impossible to check without removing the lower steering-cover.
    eb.jpg

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    We have different lay-out. Mine is just air pre-cleaner and ECU centronics connector is upside. Maybe you could open that yellow box to further investigate. My fuse/relay box is inside almost impossible to check without removing the lower steering-cover.
    eb.jpg
    My fuse box is also located inside the lower steering cover. So if one fuse box only this might be other component inside the hood. All other parts I can identify just these two circles.