New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    For washer fluid is it okay to use dishwashing liquid + distilled water mix? will it not damage the washer pump, nozzle or much better to buy the washer fluid in blade store the blue one.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    it is generally ok to use a dilute solution.
    the soap helps avoid outside mist.

personally, i use nawasa water.
    after two decades, hindi pa naman nag-bara.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 23rd, 2020 at 01:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    For washer fluid is it okay to use dishwashing liquid + distilled water mix? will it not damage the washer pump, nozzle or much better to buy the washer fluid in blade store the blue one.

kung nag wax ka or protection yun auto, wag mo lagyan ng kahit anong sabon. matatanggal lang wax mo

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Were you able to get the old stock?

I checked today, gen 1 & 2 is using same fuel strainer
    PN# 17048-TG1-P00
    Strainer assy filter is built-in. P3,458
    Attachment 36656
    Attachment 36657
    The fuel strainer of the Civic FB looks the same but costs about 6k to replace in casa, which is I haven't replaced mine yet though it is going 7 years this mid June and 82k kms now

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    The fuel strainer of the Civic FB looks the same but costs about 6k to replace in casa, which is I haven't replaced mine yet though it is going 7 years this mid June and 82k kms now
    The 6k is for the material cost or material and labor cost combined? I think you should have it replaced before it clocks in 100k

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Material lang, I tried to buy one kasi dati, I can't find my manual now but IIRC, 40k or 2 years ang replacement dapat nito

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Should be similar
    ct.jpg

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Nag roll back ba sila? Suki ako ng Mineral nila na 5w30 SN, almost 1k bili ko sa casa
    780+ pala. Hindi ko alam kung nag roll back. Iyan ang charge sa akin last Dec 2019 24 month PMS ng Honda Quezon Ave, VAT inclusive.

20200523_132413.jpg

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i kinda trust the banawe folks, on what non-OEM part works and what doesn't.
    but then, i'm a toyota and not a honda.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Distilled water is ideal, chemicals tend to build mineral deposits/calcify blocking the hozse and noozle. Just like what dr have said, tap water should be fine if you don't intend to keep the vehicle for 20+yrs. Just clean reservoir from time-to-time,"sundot" the noozles, keep windshield clean and maintain the wiper blades..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Distilled water is ideal, chemicals tend to build mineral deposits/calcify blocking the hozse and noozle. Just like what dr have said, tap water should be fine if you don't intend to keep the vehicle for 20+yrs. Just clean reservoir from time-to-time,"sundot" the noozles, keep windshield clean and maintain the wiper blades..
    Okay thanks so i'll just use distilled water and im also wary of using dishwashing liquid and the chemicals in windshield washer. It is just that spraying distilled water alone would not give the lubricity needed to clean the windshield.