New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I think that box encircled yellow is part of the pre-cleaner chamber while purple circle is the ECU with connector on the side.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    I think that box encircled yellow is part of the pre-cleaner chamber while purple circle is the ECU with connector on the side.
    I see so inside the yellow circle there is no filter or nothing in there that requires periodic maintenance replacement? Ok so its ECU.... how about the fuel injector is it located at the rear seat? I didn't noticed it earlier. If I will be going for engine wash since its a bit dirty, all of the components can be sprayed with water? is there components that I need to cover with plastic.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I see so inside the yellow circle there is no filter or nothing in there that requires periodic maintenance replacement? Ok so its ECU.... how about the fuel injector is it located at the rear seat? I didn't noticed it earlier. If I will be going for engine wash since its a bit dirty, all of the components can be sprayed with water? is there components that I need to cover with plastic.

apologies, but
    doesn't the owner's manual have diagrams of the engine bay components?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    apologies, but
    Again, the owners manual doesn't specify everything in the engine bay it just state maybe 5 or 6 major components if I remember correctly. It is a thick manual but the first half of it I keep on skipping unlike toyota's manual few pages but discusses more specific.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Again, the owners manual doesn't specify everything in the engine bay it just state maybe 5 or 6 major components if I remember correctly. It is a thick manual but the first half of it I keep on skipping unlike toyota's manual few pages but discusses more specific.

it would appear,
    your honda manual isn't too DIY-friendly...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Pre-cleaner is just air baffle to circumvent larger debris like twigs leaves. it also acts as barrier from water ingress if you happen to swim above hub-high flood. Inspection and cleaning may not be required if you don't drive to the extremes.

Fuel injector is usually adjacent the spark plug(i think you have to remove the plastic engine cover to reveal,have a set of socket wrench to do this) There is this rail pipe of the fuel and return pipe plumbing and electrical connector on top.

Engine components are water splash resistant IPxx rated including the connectors, but to be sure just cover the important parts like ecu,battery fuse,some connectors, air cleaner inlet. Avoid using pressure washer, instead use a sprinkler or garden hose. For the stubborn oil/grease/dirt, you could spray brake cleaner to dissolve and flush it.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    apologies, but
    The manual is somewhat confusing (well india only gen 2 amaze's is )the engine diagram is on page 250 while the fuse box locations is on page 300

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    SOHC L engines natin, ang spark plugs nasa exhast port side, malapit sa firewall side.

Fuel injectors nasa intake port side, malapit sa radiator side ng engine. Nasa ilalim ng intake manifold ang fuel injectors.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    SOHC L engines natin, ang spark plugs nasa exhast port side, malapit sa firewall side.

Fuel injectors nasa intake port side, malapit sa radiator side ng engine. Nasa ilalim ng intake manifold ang fuel injectors.
    The mechanic who serviced our old Honda’s before hated it when we change plugs on our 2009 Jazz. You have to be patient when pulling out the plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post

I saw the spark plugs right behind here. But didn't noticed the fuel injector should be near the coolant reserve I'll check again tom.