New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 153 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    The "karambola" was because of the tailgating idiots.. if you dont space properly and dont brake check you end up in a wreck.
    Brake-checking another vehicle is dangerous.... in case I wasn't being clear enough.

If a vehicle is tail-gating you, the proper thing to do is move over and let him through.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^korak

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Brake-checking another vehicle is dangerous.... in case I wasn't being clear enough.

If a vehicle is tail-gating you, the proper thing to do is move over and let him through.
    Yep. I can’t understand these idiots trying to cause accidents. Driving slow on left lanes and brake checking faster moving vehicles - Zero road courtesy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Brake check... protect your rear from these distracted or sleepy drivers...
    That is dangerous and definitely not advisable. Mamya mabagal reflexes niyan. Rear ended ka pa.

Slow down and let them pass and if still taligating, slow down to park somewhere preferably near places where there are police or traffic enforcers para madeter mga kups na ganyan sa trip nila.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

And should be common road courtesy... Much more for those driving slow vs the limit....

The bad thing is that the brake-checker proceeds in his merry way, unscathed....

While a dozen vehicles behind him got into an accident,- worse,- with fatalities....

That's why these people should be collared.... There should be lane discipline in our roads....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hey!
    don't forget tailgating.
    it's also frowned upon.
    if the car in front of you makes a sudden brake, and you plow into him, it's your fault by default. "you were following him too closely."

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    hey!
    don't forget tailgating.
    it's also frowned upon.
    if the car in front of you makes a sudden brake, and you plow into him, it's your fault by default. "you were following him too closely."
    Of course, it takes two to tango....

If someone tailgates you (or flashes his headlights), that means he wants to pass,- so frown, speed up if possible and if still allowed, and move aside on the first opportunity,- and let him meet his accident somewhere...

Not just drive your drive and let him plow into you... You cannot make it hard for him, just to make your point. No one owns the road,- neither you or the tailgating driver. And accidents are accidents,- real painful.

Driving, like life, is all about choices....

Last edited by CVT; February 19th, 2020 at 10:13 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you can outpace the car behind you, then floor it. Except for a few, I find that most people will not tailgate you if you go faster than 120 kmh. Floor it past 150kmh and most would chicken out. If you don't have the nerves to floor the pedal, then switch to the slower lane.

If all lanes are moving on the same pace, then keep your pace until finding the opportunity to speed up or switch to the slower lane.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    tailgating is a dangerous maneuver, if you want to pass the car in front of you flash your light or honk once to let the driver of the car in front of you know of your intention and I'm pretty much sure he will understand this kind of gestures unless he's an a$$hole, imho

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    tailgating is a dangerous maneuver, if you want to pass the car in front of you flash your light or honk once to let the driver of the car in front of you know of your intention and I'm pretty much sure he will understand this kind of gestures unless he's an a$$hole, imho
    Sa US or Europe siguro pero dito sa Pinas, nakupow.