New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 452
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,716
    #281
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    tailgating is a dangerous maneuver, if you want to pass the car in front of you flash your light or honk once to let the driver of the car in front of you know of your intention and I'm pretty much sure he will understand this kind of gestures unless he's an a$$hole, imho
    You and I know,- that almost of the drivers in our country are bonafide a$$holes, bro... No respect whatsoever for the other drivers.

    That is why,- keep the intersection open, no obstruction of traffic (including keep up with the flow of traffic, lane discipline and not drive your drive and the heck with the other drivers), turn right anytime with caution, no sudden stopping unless on designated shoulder among others,- common international practices,- would not work here...

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,119
    #282
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post


    Of course, it takes two to tango....

    .


    it's not just a tango.
    it's a rigodon de honor.
    heh heh.

  3. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    420
    #283
    It is good to know that people in my this forum is so conscientious as to abhor tailgating given the traffic situation in the metropolis. I can only hope that we all practice what we preach. If we have the opportunity to change the world, let us change the word... for the better.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If all lanes are moving on the same pace, then keep your pace until finding the opportunity to speed up or switch to the slower lane.
    "Same pace".. that's the usual scenario before these "karambola" multi vehicle crashes.

    Even if you have the best brakes, the other vehicles wont have the best brakes.

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,119
    #285
    even if you have the best brakes, but you have a lousy body with weak reflexes and weaker leg and foot muscles, powered by a weak brain that keeps dilly-dallying...

    "distancia, amigo." "if you can read this, then you're too close." as early as the early 60s..

  6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,611
    #286
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post


    You and I know,- that almost of the drivers in our country are bonafide a$$holes, bro... No respect whatsoever for the other drivers.

    That is why,- keep the intersection open, no obstruction of traffic (including keep up with the flow of traffic, lane discipline and not drive your drive and the heck with the other drivers), turn right anytime with caution, no sudden stopping unless on designated shoulder among others,- common international practices,- would not work here...
    when i accepted my job assignment back home 6 years ago, i told my wife that my defensive driving mindset acquired overseas has been stretched beyond the limit while driving in our local roads.
    i was trained like not to change lanes if not required or keeping distance against the car in-front of me but i feel that i would be stuck or will arrive late most of the time if i followed the textbook driving guide!
    parang na culture shock ako in my own backyard.
    kaya no choice ako if driving back home but to follow the "do as the romans do" concept.

  7. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    420
    #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    when i accepted my job assignment back home 6 years ago, i told my wife that my defensive driving mindset acquired overseas has been stretched beyond the limit while driving in our local roads.
    i was trained like not to change lanes if not required or keeping distance against the car in-front of me but i feel that i would be stuck or will arrive late most of the time if i followed the textbook driving guide!
    parang na culture shock ako in my own backyard.
    kaya no choice ako if driving back home but to follow the "do as the romans do" concept.
    I admire the honesty. Drive safe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,611
    #288
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc21420 View Post
    I admire the honesty. Drive safe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    don't get me wrong bro... am still a defensive driver no matter what but sometimes when it comes to cars getting ahead of me in metro traffic condition i don't budge an inch most of the time. but, i know when to give you a space and always do that.

    before i couldn't care less if one car will always sneak in front of me. but usually, others will follow if i am keeping always a car length in front of me.

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,716
    #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    when i accepted my job assignment back home 6 years ago, i told my wife that my defensive driving mindset acquired overseas has been stretched beyond the limit while driving in our local roads.
    i was trained like not to change lanes if not required or keeping distance against the car in-front of me but i feel that i would be stuck or will arrive late most of the time if i followed the textbook driving guide!
    parang na culture shock ako in my own backyard.
    kaya no choice ako if driving back home but to follow the "do as the romans do" concept.
    Yes bro.

    Pero, on the flipside,- dalhin mo ang mga angas na Pinoy drivers na ito(tayo) sa ibang bansa na nagpapatupad ng traffic laws etc.

    Aba e napaka-duduwag naman. At urong ang mga !tlog sa pagmamaneho... Nalusaw ang lahat ng angas....


  10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,716
    #290
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's not just a tango.
    it's a rigodon de honor.
    heh heh.
    Bro.-parang "honor among thieves" iyan a!...

    In my dreams....


Tags for this Thread

Vehicular Accidents