New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 56 of 154 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sa mga safety talk namin, na discuss na in case wala yang hammer, you can use yung head rest. Remove it and use the metal part (the one that goes inside to adjust the height) to break the glass.

Sent from my CPH2109 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kung tutuusin,
    the best location is to tape it with masking tape, at easy arm's reach in front of the dashboard.
    even the door compartment by the driver can be tricky, in panic situations.
    heh heh.
    naku Doc parang mahirap ata abutin yan pag nagdeploy ang airbags? I think it would be best either on your left or to your right na madaling kunin or abutin?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    naku Doc parang mahirap ata abutin yan pag nagdeploy ang airbags? I think it would be best either on your left or to your right na madaling kunin or abutin?
    honganoh!
    dun na lang sa glove compartment. at least doon, siguradong nandoon.
    heh heh heh.
    ... the problems we take on during these covid quarantines...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Center console doc. Best to have one with some weight to it. Re: headrest supports, might be good to use in a pinch. Although it might take a lot more force, the tips being blunt.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    headrests, in my experience, are not easy to remove if one is seated, in non-emergency situations.
    during emergency situations, one might not be able to remove them at all.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gongrhey View Post
    Sa mga safety talk namin, na discuss na in case wala yang hammer, you can use yung head rest. Remove it and use the metal part (the one that goes inside to adjust the height) to break the glass.

Sent from my CPH2109 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    this is a myth and is already busted by mythbusters.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    There was a video example on Japanese TV. You're not supposed to use the metal part to bash the glass, rather wedge it into the door frame and use it as a lever to break the glass.

But in the accident above I don't see how this should have been possible with 15 people jumbled on top of each other inside the car.

My vote for location of glass breaker tool: the storage cubbys in the center console. On most cars its covered so the tool should stay inside even in a rollover, and if somehow damage from the accident makes it all the way to the center console then breaking glass is something you probably don't need to worry about anymore.

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    My vote for location of glass breaker tool: the storage cubbys in the center console. On most cars its covered so the tool should stay inside even in a rollover, and if somehow damage from the accident makes it all the way to the center console then breaking glass is something you probably don't need to worry about anymore.
    Saklap.. Wala pong covered center console ang Vitara.. I'll figure it out kapag dumating na yung mga binili ko.. Di ko din kasi alam kung gaano ba kalaki yung hammer baka mamaya nabudol pala ako, Php56 lang kasi.. [emoji28]

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    There was a video example on Japanese TV. You're not supposed to use the metal part to bash the glass, rather wedge it into the door frame and use it as a lever to break the glass.

But in the accident above I don't see how this should have been possible with 15 people jumbled on top of each other inside the car.

Thanks for the video, that's helpful. Seems easier than hammering the glass with sharp object.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Out with the new, in with the old!

From this year's Rally Kenya. Photo credits to /u/Lhaneth on /r/rally.