New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 655 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mas okay sa climate natin and laso for older engines yung w40 viscosity. So better yang Delo Gold na SL rated naman. You don't need to worry about zinc levels since it i just about right at 1200ppm.
    magkano ba delo gold? pangit kasi ng mga caltex dito.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    magkano ba delo gold? pangit kasi ng mga caltex dito.
    Less than P200 lang yan per liter. Delo Gold Ultra or the delo gold is enough for your ride.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    RP is group IV. it's a PAO oil.

again i doubt mobil 1 even if imported is ester. it's normally a group 3 composed of a mineral base stock with synthetic additives.
    I can't find the file that I read somewhere before but Mobil 1 is PAO oil as well. Hindi nga group V, group IV. Ester based. Anyway, it's good oil. Factory used by BMW, Porsche, MB and other high-end cars. RP and Motul are race inspired as well so talagang maganda din. Pareho pati price maganda.
    Found it. Auto-Rx (Philippines) | About Oil

Mobil 1 is synthetic. Group IV nga.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Less than P200 lang yan per liter. Delo Gold Ultra or the delo gold is enough for your ride.
    thanks bro!

btw kaunti pa lang nagagather kong feedback regarding "rev x trekker". so far positive naman mga comments.
    dito sa may petron edsa near monumento ang package nila for change oil nasa 1,100+php only para sa 4ja1 ko. no labor charge. next oil change ko sa kanila naman.
    any feedback on rev x trekker?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    thanks bro!

btw kaunti pa lang nagagather kong feedback regarding "rev x trekker". so far positive naman mga comments.
    dito sa may petron edsa near monumento ang package nila for change oil nasa 1,100+php only para sa 4ja1 ko. no labor charge. next oil change ko sa kanila naman.
    any feedback on rev x trekker?
    My concern with Petron products is that they don't publish the composition of their oil. Viscocity readings lang. Would you buy a product without knowing what's inside. Comparable naman yung price nang Shell Rimula R3 sa Trekker at since maganda yung rating at additives package niya, IMHO, you're better off with Shell Rimula R3, Zic Up 10w40 or Delo Gold Ultra.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I used Shell R3 and HX7 but not HX5.

Shell R3 is good enough for 5,000kms OCI, then swithced to Mobil Delvac MX because I can do 6,000kms on it and oil is still good vs Shell R3.
    Our GS has only 15KKm on the odometer,- and so, I am still using Shell Rimula X R3.... I will be switching to the synthetic variant HX7 in the next couple of oil changes... Curiously, Rimula X R3 has more certifications than the other (synthetic) variants....

Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    pag diesel it will be turning black much faster as compared to gasoline counter part... the color wont really tell you whats the status of the oil.. only an oil analysis will do...
    And others would say that the darker, the better, as the diesel engine oil should be able to float all of the dirt in the engine as part of its cleaning property....

15.5K:boxing1:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Our GS has only 15KKm on the odometer,- and so, I am still using Shell Rimula X R3.... I will be switching to the synthetic variant HX7 in the next couple of oil changes... Curiously, Rimula X R3 has more certifications than the other (synthetic) variants....

And others would say that the darker, the better, as the diesel engine oil should be able to float all of the dirt in the engine as part of its cleaning property....

15.5K:boxing1:

I believe Shell Rimula R3 X is better than Helix Diesel HX7. If youe want a semi-synthetic that is comparable to the price of HX7 and also synthetic, Top 1 SDO is a better bet or even Delo Sports Semi-syn. Also Zix Up is semi-syn for just P200/liter from one of our tsikot member. Miko101130 sells them.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Bro, i would recommend that you use Delo gold if you want better protection.... mas mahal nga lang konti pero that translates into something tangible in terms of assurance and protection for your engine...

among the Big three oil companies here locally, caltex Delo gold is superior ( factually known)...
    petron doesn't publish any data regarding their oils...

its like when you are buying in the groceries.. you read at the back whats the ingredients contained on the product you are buying..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    mas sulit pala ang delo gold at Php200/Liter kumpara sa Rimula R3 na nasa Php260/Li.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    mas sulit pala ang delo gold at Php200/Liter kumpara sa Rimula R3 na nasa Php260/Li.
    Same price lang po yan halos if sa mga auto shop na malalaki kayo bibili. Delo Gold and R3 are both CH-4 rated, Delo Gold Ultra yung medyo nasa P190-220 ang CI-4 rated.

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?