New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 655 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Thank you sir, ano API rating ng Delo Gold Ultra and Delo Gold? based dito sa mga post seems like this is a good oil compared sa shell and petron.
    Base sa recommendation ng isang kaibigan naming engineer from THP na related sa oil industry,- use mineral oil in the first 10,000 Km - 15,000Km para mag sit properly ang mga components ng makina....

And then shift to semi-synthetic and then fully-synthetic variants....

15.6K:weathermanf2:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Base sa recommendation ng isang kaibigan naming engineer from THP na related sa oil industry,- use mineral oil in the first 10,000 Km - 15,000Km para mag sit properly ang mga components ng makina....

And then shift to semi-synthetic and then fully-synthetic variants....

15.6K:weathermanf2:

Medyo hindi pa kasi ako kumbinsido na gumamit ng fully synthetic oil and pricey kasi. Well with the exemption of ZIC synthetic oil which is cheaper compared to other synthetic oil brands.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    You may want to try also yung Valvoline oils sa ACE. cheap din at CI4 and cummins rated din yung mga ibang diesel oils ng valvoline. natry ko na din kasi yung valvoline turbo at P200/liter e.

Delo Gold Ultra is CI4/SL
    Delo Gold is CI4 down to CF/SL to SF ata yun.

correct me if i'm wrong dito sa post ko. nagbenta kasi ako lately ng mga junks sa bahay kaya wala na yung mga plastic containers ng oils.

Actually I have been using the more popular Castrol brand mineral oil. Castrol CRB for old school diesel engine and the Castrol GTX Diesel for the CRDi powered engine. Eh may nabasa ako dito na "stay away" from Castrol, kaya tuloy naghahanap ako ng ibang alternatives. Hirap din pumili sa dami. Yes, I have seen the Valvoline mineral oil na CI-4 rated which is also cheap. But so far, mukhang okay at good choice ung Delo Gold or Delo Gold Ultra in terms of its quality and price among those in the mineral based oil category.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Been using mineral engine oils-- Petron Trekker, Mobil Delvac MX, and Caltex Delo on our two 4JA1 vehicles. Pansin ko pinakamaganda ang andar using the Caltex brand.

Currently using the Shell HX5 on the Crosswind. OK naman. Worst yon Petron Trekker.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Been using mineral engine oils-- Petron Trekker, Mobil Delvac MX, and Caltex Delo on our two 4JA1 vehicles. Pansin ko pinakamaganda ang andar using the Caltex brand.

Currently using the Shell HX5 on the Crosswind. OK naman. Worst yon Petron Trekker.
    Thank you sir. Your experience using those different kinds of mineral oil will surely help us to decide.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Where can the DELO 400 be purchased in Metro Manila? Best prices preferably. Caltex Gas Stations prices are not any lower. I hate buying from Ace bec of their prices and one time they questioned me for writing down the prices of their oil on a piece of paper (I was comparing prices).

Can this DELO 400 along with a Baldwin Filter last for at least 12,000 kms bet. oil changes?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

That is what I'm thinking too. Solve na ako sa Baldwin oil filter. Now, need to have the best and affordable mineral oil in the market.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    A little off topic:

Since maganda ang Caltex oil compared to the other "big 2" gas stations para sa engine, how about ang fuel quality? Does it also equates or translates to good fuel from Caltex? Doon kasi ako sa big 2 usually nagpapa gas, never pa ako nagpa gas sa Caltex.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    A little off topic:

Since maganda ang Caltex oil compared to the other "big 2" gas stations para sa engine, how about ang fuel quality? Does it also equates or translates to good fuel from Caltex? Doon kasi ako sa big 2 usually nagpapa gas, never pa ako nagpa gas sa Caltex.
    May separate thread regarding this. Common answer is just make sue the gas station is located in an area which is not prone to flooding (preferably elevated area) and has no history of fooling its customers.

Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Where can the DELO 400 be purchased in Metro Manila? Best prices preferably. Caltex Gas Stations prices are not any lower. I hate buying from Ace bec of their prices and one time they questioned me for writing down the prices of their oil on a piece of paper (I was comparing prices).

Can this DELO 400 along with a Baldwin Filter last for at least 12,000 kms bet. oil changes?
    Try to ask Caltex HQ at Makati City. But Delo 400 plus Baldwin you can easily go 15,000kms. Dami sa Bob isThe Oil Guy forums na mga used oil analysis showing how oil performed after extended drain intervals. 8K-10K miles is common so mga 12k-16K kilometers yun. And the oil is still good.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    which is better, delo 400 or mobil mx?

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?