New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 208 of 225 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gls2001 View Post
    Been waiting for the Motolite Excel on the econobox Mirage to conk out to be replaced by an Amaron. Surprisingly 3 years na and ayaw pa bumigay and puro short trips lang yun daily(10km) for the last 3 years. Marami na shops carrying Amaron. Price wise is the Energizer at par in pricing with Amaron on an equivalent spec’d battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    baka yun short trips mo bro, traffic tapos di masyado mainit yun byahe. long enough yun byahe to charge the battery, and cool enough not to degrade the battery.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    baka yun short trips mo bro, traffic tapos di masyado mainit yun byahe. long enough yun byahe to charge the battery, and cool enough not to degrade the battery.

Pwede, 8am normally ang byahe then 5:30pm na uwi with 10-15min traffic per one way trip(5km one way for a roundtrip of 10km daily)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i must confess.
    i use automotive (gasoline) batteries for my diesels.
    they still manage to die a couple of weeks after warranty lapses.
    May diesel specific battery ba doc?

The 2003 vios and the 2015 innova both use amaron pro 2sm. Hehe

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Alam ko yung battery ng kotse has a specified size per car. It’s not based on the engine fuel.

The biggest battery sizes I have used is a DIN74 and DIN66. I used it on the Fiesta Ecoboost which requires a DIN66 size. DIN74 has almost the same specs as the DIN66 but just a bit taller (few millimeters). These battery sizes are even bigger than what is required on the FXT and Sorento gas. The Jetta TDI uses a DIN60 or DIN55 which is about the size of 1SM/NS50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    May diesel specific battery ba doc?

The 2003 vios and the 2015 innova both use amaron pro 2sm. Hehe

battery manufacturers do make heavy duty batteries for larger diesel engines.
    the larger engines need more starting amps kasi.
    but i believe that many of us use ordinary automotive batteries in our diesel auvs, mpvs and suvs, because the engines are not that large, naman.
    technology has probably blurred the border between the smaller diesel-engine batteries and gasoline-engine batteries.

when the battery of my sedan is replaced, i opt for the next smaller size. by my experience, the battery life therein is not shortened, naman.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 11th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ah... Got me worried there. I just realized that 2 years ago, on this day, i purchsed the battery for the innova.

Byebye warranty na bukas. Hopefully naman di biglang masira
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    battery manufacturers do make heavy duty batteries for larger diesel engines.
    the larger engines need more starting amps kasi.
    but i believe that many of us use ordinary automotive batteries in our diesel auvs, mpvs and suvs, because the engines are not that large, naman.
    technology has probably blurred the border between the smaller diesel-engine batteries and gasoline-engine batteries.

when the battery of my sedan is replaced, i opt for the next smaller size. by my experience, the battery life therein is not shortened, naman.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Ah... Got me worried there. I just realized that 2 years ago, on this day, i purchsed the battery for the innova.

Byebye warranty na bukas. Hopefully naman di biglang masira

try mo dalhin dun sa pinagbilhan mo.. sabihin mo parang mahina na yung karga.. tapos pa load test mo.. pag bumagsak sa load test, dapat palitan nila yan.. hehe

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    try mo dalhin dun sa pinagbilhan mo.. sabihin mo parang mahina na yung karga.. tapos pa load test mo.. pag bumagsak sa load test, dapat palitan nila yan.. hehe
    add ko lang sa post ni bro yapoy,
    sabihin mo dapat under warranty pa, ganun kasi ginawa ko dun sa pinagbilihan ko. kaya sabi ni kuya nag test malakas pa battery.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Which amaron is often being referred to in this thread? Hi life, go or pro. I'm being offered hi life for 4900 and go for 4000 net of 200 trade in. I'm now coming off Emtrac, after several Motolite golds. Emtrac lasted longer than my Motolites, but I don't know it's equivalent with Amaron.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Cathy’s record breaker is Hi-life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amaron battery