New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Buy the Nissan Juke that you're eyeing and then buy an old beater for farm use ...
    Ok din sana kaso hirap din mag hanap ng good condition. Also the price minsan is good enuf for a bnew DP. Actually my father have the fortuner which we can swap if needed yun pickup.

Kung ako lang personal use, Jimny lang ok na sa akin :-)

Sent from my Lenovo PB1-770M using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    Recently conversed with a ford agent and she mentioned in passing about big discounts sa rangers this BER months.
    Sir pa PM naman yan SA na yan pra makausap ko

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hilux(new generation) proven reliability? 1yo palang...transmission issue na 🙊

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by stv13 View Post
    Dmax - loaded
    Navara - car like ride
    Ranger - pogi
    Hilux - proven reliability

Mahirap mamili talaga...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If u can only combine all in a single choice

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Hilux(new generation) proven reliability? 1yo palang...transmission issue na 🙊

Known issue and software correction lang naman daw. And it's not a mechanical issue per se so as they said.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum325 View Post
    Known issue and software correction lang naman daw. And it's not a mechanical issue per se so as they said.

Toyota approved transmission changes. And there is a new part number..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Wow as in changing the whole transmission? Imagine the down time of the owner

8. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by stv13 View Post
    Dmax - loaded
    Navara - car like ride
    Ranger - pogi
    Hilux - proven reliability

Mahirap mamili talaga...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D-Max reliability is severely underrated. It's Toyota reliability minus the Toyota tax. Since its launch, I haven't read or heard any major problems here or abroad. It's the best-selling truck in pick-up crazy Thailand.

Hilux on the other hand has had issues aforementioned. Reliability still solid but it's severely overpriced for what it's worth. No projectors, drl, reverse sensors, camera, list goes on. At least it has a laggy touchscreen from avt, something the Navara doesn't have lol.

The Strada is value but wouldn't want to keep changing the timing belt every 80k. If the 4x2 had the mivec, would be at the top of my list.

Having said that, the Navara still feels the most balanced for hauling and family use. Just add-on the stuff lacking with the savings. Reliability is okay, just watch out for the alternator if this still has the same as the d40's.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Ok my only gripe about the 2017 Dmax is its still euro 2 engine.

Is this a big deal?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    D-Max reliability is severely underrated. It's Toyota reliability minus the Toyota tax. Since its launch, I haven't read or heard any major problems here or abroad. It's the best-selling truck in pick-up crazy Thailand.

Hilux on the other hand has had issues aforementioned. Reliability still solid but it's severely overpriced for what it's worth. No projectors, drl, reverse sensors, camera, list goes on. At least it has a laggy touchscreen from avt, something the Navara doesn't have lol.
    Personally, the Hilux's modern interior design and better materials are more appealing than the Dmax's toys. It's not on the spec sheets, but the Hilux really feels more premium than the Dmax.

Also, the 70k difference is somewhat justified because the Hilux's engine is quieter and much more refined than the Dmax's clattery 3.0.

If the Hilux G is too pricey, the Hilux E is a great alternative at 1.030M. It's very bare in stock form, but if you add 20" rims, a rear bumper, and step boards, you still won't reach 1.1M so it'll still be cheaper than any other pickup. It still has the same 2.4 engine, Bluetooth, steering wheel audio controls, ABS, and so on. I even like its Kenwood HU better than the AVT HU on the G.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast