New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by stv13 View Post
    I totally agree that the Dmax interior is cheap looking compared to its competitors...good thing the seats come in leather to compensate the downright boring interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheap looking talaga....

to the thread starter... why not include the hilux and the ranger sa mga pinag pipilian mo? It's no.1 and no.2 sa market ngayon... test drive mo Lahat then listen where your heart is, but use your head.. IMO the best all rounder pickup now is the ranger..

Test drive ka muna sir...

2. Join Date
    May 2016
    The Nissan has some nice features unique in its class. 5-link coil suspension, second-row vents, 7-speed transmission. Ride quality also one of the best-in-class. It has some minor niggles though, second row bench a bit too upright, steering issues, and chipping paint but has proven to be reliable so far. The 4x2 EL is quite bare, lacks touchscreen, steering audio controls, 2nd row middle occupant headrest and 3-pt seatbelt. Price is very attractive after discounts.

The Isuzu has no issues since being launched 3 years ago. Has a bouncier ride due to the leaf-sprung rear suspension. Utilitarian interior with hard-wearing plastics. New model has traction and stability control, hill-start assist, and push-start. The 4JJ1 powerplant is rated B10 for 500,000km meaning 90% of engines are expected to reach 500,000km without needing a rebuild.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    If between the 2, i'll chose the Isuzu. The Nissan is very bare but engine is very good for highway driving because of the gearing. But Isuzu offers very low-end torque which I like for a pick-up. And it looks pretty too.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    The Nissan has some nice features unique in its class. 5-link coil suspension, second-row vents, 7-speed transmission. Ride quality also one of the best-in-class. It has some minor niggles though, second row bench a bit too upright, steering issues, and chipping paint but has proven to be reliable so far. The 4x2 EL is quite bare, lacks touchscreen, steering audio controls, 2nd row middle occupant headrest and 3-pt seatbelt. Price is very attractive after discounts.

The Isuzu has no issues since being launched 3 years ago. Has a bouncier ride due to the leaf-sprung rear suspension. Utilitarian interior with hard-wearing plastics. New model has traction and stability control, hill-start assist, and push-start. The 4JJ1 powerplant is rated B10 for 500,000km meaning 90% of engines are expected to reach 500,000km without needing a rebuild.
    I agree.

You buy one for comfort. Navarra is best for comfort.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    We own a DMax 4x2 LS AT. So far ang complain ko lang is the expensive maintenance ng Isuzu. But comfort-wise, it's great! Even the rear seats are spacious, well actually, 2 years ago, this was the most spacious pickup out there. It's very comfortable too. I use this too for long drives, and nakakatulog ng mahimbing mga passengers ko.

Haven't checked the recent competition because I am very happy with the DMax. The plastics lang has a cheap feel, but not necessarily cheap, it doesn't feel as solid as let's say my Honda CRV. It was already pretty high-tech that time, because at it's price point, it's the only one that offers power seats.

If ever I am still in the market today for a pickup, the DMax will still be on top of my list. The only other pickup that is catching my attention is the Strada.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Hi TS, mind if I add more to the comparison? I'm also shopping for a pickup. Actually, ok na ako sa Juke but my father requested that I should go with the pickup since it would be a big help sa farm.

It is a stretch for me also to have it at 1.2M kya 4x2 AT din habol ko. I made comparison for that range and so far eto ang pros cons ko. Again this is just my opinion and what I read:

Looks and pogi points - Ford Ranger XLT. Also the overall dimensions ad payload. Cons: parts and after sales service. Not too loaded features like DMax 2017. Just want to know if the 2.2 is not under powered and dependent too much on the turbo? Else, the turbo will be a bitch and expensive to replace.

Price - Navara Calibre EL. This is the best price and not to mention the 7speed AT, comfy ride and great engine power. cons: bear interior tho good materials. Also the suspension will add more to the maintenance cost vs the traditional leaf spring.

Features and Options - the 2017 DMax. Reliable engine tho not the most powerful even if it's 3.0.
    Cons: only the 5 speed AT on its class.and the biggest turnoff, its still effing Euro 2 engine! Masyado naman ata pinipiga ng Isuzu ang compliance. Why not just Bing the 1.9 blue ba yun na engine?!

Engine and power: 2017 Chevy Colorado. Its also tied for the looks and pogi points. Cons: like Ford, dreaded after sales and poor service. Expensive and yet bare features and amenities. Wala din discount kse bago.

Parts and after sales: Toyota Hilux G 2.4 AT clean look and stance also. cons: the most expensive and least features i think

So there you. So what do you think should you recommend?

Sent from my Lenovo PB1-770M using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Buy the Nissan Juke that you're eyeing and then buy an old beater for farm use ...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Sayang medyo mahal nga ang ford ranger.. I think they have discount though.
    Recently conversed with a ford agent and she mentioned in passing about big discounts sa rangers this BER months.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    We own a DMax 4x2 LS AT. So far ang complain ko lang is the expensive maintenance ng Isuzu. But comfort-wise, it's great! Even the rear seats are spacious, well actually, 2 years ago, this was the most spacious pickup out there. It's very comfortable too. I use this too for long drives, and nakakatulog ng mahimbing mga passengers ko.

Haven't checked the recent competition because I am very happy with the DMax. The plastics lang has a cheap feel, but not necessarily cheap, it doesn't feel as solid as let's say my Honda CRV. It was already pretty high-tech that time, because at it's price point, it's the only one that offers power seats.

If ever I am still in the market today for a pickup, the DMax will still be on top of my list. The only other pickup that is catching my attention is the Strada.
    Mahal ba sir ang maintenance ng DMax? During my Dmax testdrive along daang hari, experience ko is matalbog ang ride ng DMax compared sa Ranger and Navara.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum325 View Post
    Hi TS, mind if I add more to the comparison? I'm also shopping for a pickup. Actually, ok na ako sa Juke but my father requested that I should go with the pickup since it would be a big help sa farm.

It is a stretch for me also to have it at 1.2M kya 4x2 AT din habol ko. I made comparison for that range and so far eto ang pros cons ko. Again this is just my opinion and what I read:

Looks and pogi points - Ford Ranger XLT. Also the overall dimensions ad payload. Cons: parts and after sales service. Not too loaded features like DMax 2017. Just want to know if the 2.2 is not under powered and dependent too much on the turbo? Else, the turbo will be a bitch and expensive to replace.

Price - Navara Calibre EL. This is the best price and not to mention the 7speed AT, comfy ride and great engine power. cons: bear interior tho good materials. Also the suspension will add more to the maintenance cost vs the traditional leaf spring.

Features and Options - the 2017 DMax. Reliable engine tho not the most powerful even if it's 3.0.
    Cons: only the 5 speed AT on its class.and the biggest turnoff, its still effing Euro 2 engine! Masyado naman ata pinipiga ng Isuzu ang compliance. Why not just Bing the 1.9 blue ba yun na engine?!

Engine and power: 2017 Chevy Colorado. Its also tied for the looks and pogi points. Cons: like Ford, dreaded after sales and poor service. Expensive and yet bare features and amenities. Wala din discount kse bago.

Parts and after sales: Toyota Hilux G 2.4 AT clean look and stance also. cons: the most expensive and least features i think

So there you. So what do you think should you recommend?

Sent from my Lenovo PB1-770M using Tapatalk
    Dmax - loaded
    Navara - car like ride
    Ranger - pogi
    Hilux - proven reliability

Mahirap mamili talaga...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast