New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 95 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    of course! how else can the car can be loaded onto the wrecker/towtruck, if it can't be pushed or pulled..?
    and if you're old enough, you must have heard those AT jokes back in the 50s and 60s... my favorite was....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RF02 View Post
    hi guys!

May question lang ako about A/T

paano pala pag dadaan sa baha? sa manual kasi diba timpla sa clutch and gas pedal para mag rev yun engine habang nasa baha? pano pala gagawin sa A/T pagddaan sa baha? D parin ba or ililipat sa 1? tapos pano i-rrev para hindi pasukin yun tambutso ng water?
    1 or L to keep the revs high. Slow and steady. I also turn off my aircon to minimize the use of the fans (baka tumama sa tubig at mabali). Dry the brakes nang makaahon by pumping the brake pedal until they bite normally.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    1 or L to keep the revs high. Slow and steady. I also turn off my aircon to minimize the use of the fans (baka tumama sa tubig at mabali). Dry the brakes nang makaahon by pumping the brake pedal until they bite normally.
    thanks sir sa info ^___^

very informative!

last question:

ok lang po kaya mabagal yun takbo sa baha? para hindi umangat yun water sa harap na baka umabot sa hood pag mabilis?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    No sir. It can be towed, it can also be pushed. You just can't jump start it through pushing, like with manuals.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    It can be towed at maximum 20kph only with the engine off, some cars requires the propeller shaft to be removed prior towing or better use wheel dollies.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RF02 View Post
    ok lang po kaya mabagal yun takbo sa baha? para hindi umangat yun water sa harap na baka umabot sa hood pag mabilis?
    Slow and steady. Pag lumagpas na ang tubig sa hood there's a very big chance na papasok yan sa intake mo. Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    It can be towed at maximum 20kph only with the engine off, some cars requires the propeller shaft to be removed prior towing or better use wheel dollies.
    Like this?
    Last edited by JohnM; June 29th, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Slow and steady. Pag lumagpas na ang tubig sa hood there's a very big chance na papasok yan sa intake mo. Boom.

Like this?
    copy, so mali pala ginagawa ng iba na mabilis sa baha haha

thanks po sa info

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pulling that suv... that's dangerous and amateurish!
    a more professional way would have been to use a truck with platform bed, pull it onto the platform, and spirit it away.
    but i agree... there are many reasons why a vehicle can not be placed onto such platform..

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    of course! how else can the car can be loaded onto the wrecker/towtruck, if it can't be pushed or pulled..?
    and if you're old enough, you must have heard those AT jokes back in the 50s and 60s... my favorite was....
    actually i can still hear people talking about it.
    i also checked it out online, they said you have to disengage something pa daw before it can be done.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    does the tow people know this (removing propeller shaft)? can i do it myself? thanks

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    my unit is AT too and my understanding also is that it can't be moved once it stalled. so at neutral N pwede pala maitulak and mahila
    I remember there was once years ago when I was unloading groceries from our Trooper, my knees were leaning on the rear bumper as I was reaching for the groceries. Suddenly I felt my knees slipping from the bumper. Apparently, my dad left it at neutral, and the weight from my knees was enough to push it forward.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2