New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 96 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    does the tow people know this (removing propeller shaft)? can i do it myself? thanks
    if rear wheel drive, it can be done. but it ain't that easy if you're dressed for the office, because you have to crawl under and get dirty..
    if front wheel drive, it's more difficult.
    you can probably tell the towing company to send over a platform truck, so's they can put the car onto the platform and not tow it..

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if rear wheel drive, it can be done. but it ain't that easy if you're dressed for the office, because you have to crawl under and get dirty..
    if front wheel drive, it's more difficult.
    you can probably tell the towing company to send over a platform truck, so's they can put the car onto the platform and not tow it..
    thanks sa reply bro. pero bihira yata ang nag tow na may platform? parang wala pa akong nakita may ganito.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    whether M/T or A/T, the correct way to tow your vehicle is discussed in your car owner's manual. be sure to refer to it. example, for 2008 Honda Fit..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks sa reply bro. pero bihira yata ang nag tow na may platform? parang wala pa akong nakita may ganito.
    i got lucky. i called up the casa, and they sent over a platform truck.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Viray Towing, platform. My friend's Dad recommended this.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Friends, its also called a flatbed tow truck.

AAP towing has those.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Here comes the grammar police :bwahaha:

Flatbed nga pala.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    salamat po sa mga replies re: tow

9. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    When I was younger, I like the responsiveness of the MT. Now that I'm (ehem) more mature, I definitely go for the AT. Anyway may mga triptonic or pseudo-MT transmissions naman kung feeling young ka minsan.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Honestly, I prefer the manual due to fuel efficiency. Responsiveness is just a bonus. I also like the feel of shifting gears myself. Hangga't kaya pa ng tuhod at binti, why not?

I have to say though, that the Strada/Montero's 5AT INVECS is very close to behaving like a manual. Allows takeoff at 2nd gear, shift up at 1500rpm and immediate kickdown from 5th to 3rd with a very huge surge of acceleration.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2