New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 145 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    MT on Mondays and Sunday.
    AT on other days and saturdays
    Mas fun yun MT above 3k rpm.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Yung AT (CVT) ko fun din sya from 3k to 6k rpm

I'd want an MT for a project or weekend car but it has to be quicker, faster, and more nimble than my daily ride.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yung AT (CVT) ko fun din sya from 3k to 6k rpm

I'd want an MT for a project or weekend car but it has to be quicker, faster, and more nimble than my daily ride.
    STI

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    STI
    Don't tempt me! Kahit yung old bug eye or Evo 8. Hahahahaha

4. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Sa work, we use A/T, okay naman kasi during business hours, medyo roads talaga are traffic, so AT advantage, tsaka puro AT comp vehicles namin . but after work going home. especially late hours na. I drive M/T (personal car), nakaka relax mag drive ng Manual lalo na at walang traffic

5. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by emarqz View Post
    Hi guys! me and my friend was on a passionate debate on what's the better type of transmission. He plans to buy a new car one in place of his old A/T car. Personally, having driven a car M/T for 5 yrs now, i encouraged him to get a M/T instead of his usual A/T. I haven't driven A/T cars that much, so i really really can't tell the better one objectively. Based on car racing games naman... manual trannys get the better edge, d ba? and i prefer it too. Pros and Cons..., maintenance cost, acceleration.. etc. Love to hear your insights mga pare. I appreciate it!
    Hi, newbie here. IMO, to each his own bro. Most of my colleagues prefer AT due to manila traffic situations but one preferred MT because he simply likes to drive with the stick. His route? valenzuela to NAIA to valenzuela everyday. Personally i like to drive MT but my wife prefers AT. I don't feel like driving is a chore but kind of like a hobby, perhaps that is why I like MT.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    uh una...
    hehe, di ata masyado'ng realistic yung reference.
    anyway, for the past 19yrs, been driving mainly M/Ts, with occassional A/Ts. my take on the topic: is basically the same with the previous posts, it all depends on the driver's needs, so to speak. personally, I've come to appreciate the A/Ts for city driving riddled with traffic jams.
    True. And AT nowadays are much more advanced than before.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Automatics are more cheaper to maintain nowadays take for example the 30k kms PMS of a euro 4 Isuzu dmax; Mt variant costs around 10k pesos while AT variants costs around 8k pesos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Automatics are more cheaper to maintain nowadays take for example the 30k kms PMS of a euro 4 Isuzu dmax; Mt variant costs around 10k pesos while AT variants costs around 8k pesos

what about the cost of fuel appetite?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what about the cost of fuel appetite?
    Read somewhere modern automatics are more fuel frugal than their manual counterpart

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Read somewhere modern automatics are more fuel frugal than their manual counterpart

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Modern automatics (6-speed torque converters, CVTs, DCTs) have proven to be as efficient or better than MTs without loss of performance.