New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 91 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    Strong words huh?!

Do you think driving an M/T makes you a better driver in general?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    my answer is NO

skills mentions are like hand, feet, eye coordination and deciding powers (choosing the right gears)...

in short skills to operate the car...

driving habits, laws and common sense, iba usapan na po yan sir hehe... not part of the MT/AT topic

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I just got my first A/T car, I was hesitant at first having owned M/T in my 17 years of driving. I don't pass traffic to and from work but I have to say that I am very happy with my A/T
    everyone i think is happy with the A/T, the sad part is its maintenance, must have good battery/electrical & sensors, good fluid, and the extra gasoline it eats just for you not to shift gears or stall the engine...

i like MT for now that i am not that rich... if i have extra money to burn then i switch to AT specially the CVT...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Para sa akin it all depends on the user. I agree with stigg ma...ako din na hindi pa rich...manual muna...pag may extra money...saka ako mag AT. I pass thru heavy traffic daily (my reason for wanting an AT)...but if i had the money...i'd go for the triptronic transmission...may option ka to control when you want to shift gears.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ wag naman ganun na para bang pang-mayaman lang yung AT lol

Anyway, sa mga modern cars naman ngayon di na nagkakalayo ang performance at efficiency ng MT sa AT.

Yung mga lumang slushbox lang talaga ang panget. Malaki ang drivetrain power loss at hindi pa ganon karefined haha

O.T.
    Yung Buggati Veyron, AT

Pero yung Venom GT ay MT :D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Understanding What's Really Killing the Manual Transmission - Road & Track

"The sky's been falling for 50 years now, it seems. In September 1965, Playboy published an article by automotive-journalism legend Ken Purdy. It opened with a two-page shot of a Corvette shifter covered in cobwebs and the headline "Bye-Bye Stick Shift."

The crux of the piece was simple: Automatic transmissions had been proven to make race cars go faster, rendering the manual obsolete. It was destined to become nothing more than a purist's plaything."

"...enthusiasts crave fun first and speed second, and the two aren't always linked. Yes, the manual has disappeared from race cars. And it's disappearing from boring cars. But the clutch pedal is alive and well. You just have to know where to look. "

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    a couple of question....

to those who have driven a manual, have you ever driven an at?(for me yes, we have both)

for those who have driven an at is it the old at or the newer version of the at (again we have the old and new version one with only 4 speed the other with more sophisticated stuff)

in japan, america and europe almost all cars are automatic save for the sports car.

i have driven a manual all my life(both new and old and we still have 3 at vehicles an 3 mt vehicles)- the stuff about disconnection to your car is when using an at is nothing but bs we are humans we can learn and adapt as if the car is an extension of your body whether its a manual or automatic.

lalake-bakla- only a fag would make such story it takes one to know one nga di ba hahahaha

in the old days the at was a gas guzzler now (if they are the newest tech) that isn't much the case(fj cruiser at vs. fj cruiser manual)

in the old days the at is not that much responsive not anymore....

except if your a professional race car driver in an actual race you really need a manual(but f1 racer use electronic push button gear changer)

except if your buying a race car you need a manual(not the box type that mazda(rx-miata) was made famous for which bmw(z series) and porsche(boxster), subaru and toyota followed). but then again they also have a couple of at version for this which is computer controlled (press the s mode) which actually helps you drive since only a professional driver can really handle the power of such engine(hindi yung mga feeling race car driver ek ek).

if you will drive in the city and highway get an at.

if your a professional race car driver get an mt and use it in batangas racing circuit.

if your into 4x4 hell get an at which has an mt 4x4.
    Last edited by victorevolution; March 11th, 2014 at 01:03 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    gamit ko ngayon ay conventional AT (cable-hydraulic shifting) diesel pickup. pero mas maraming taon at milyang natakbo ko gamit ang MT. on sundays, ginagamit ko yung mcarthur ("willys") jeep ni byenan just to exercise it. 3 speed na kelangan mo pa idouble clutch when downshifting. ayaw ng makina ng nasa low speed kundi kakadyot kadyot. gusto higher rpm parati.

sa DIY community, some would still prefer the MT (like me). di na kaya ng powers ko ang internals ng AT. pero on traffic hands down ako sa AT atsaka sa acceleration. pero on long drives sa provincial and mountain roads, i prefer MT. 80% of me will still pick the MT tutal di naman ako napapadaan on traffic on a daily basis. kapag matanda na siguro settle down with an AT. hehehe

pananaw ko lang naman.
    Last edited by miked; March 11th, 2014 at 01:25 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    In today's world, an automatic transmission is as good as it gets.

Pag nasira yan, sa dami ng electronic shift solenoids na dapat palitan, pati yung overhauling kit + re-programming + labor ng casa, ewan ko kung hindi mahulog brief or panty nyo sa gastos.

Dito sa Pilipinas, where COST is always a factor, its best to maintain a combination of both for practical purposes.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; March 11th, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    In today's world, an automatic transmission is as good as it gets.

Pag nasira yan, sa dami ng electronic shift solenoids na dapat palitan, pati yung overhauling kit + re-programming + labor ng casa, ewan ko kung hindi mahulog brief or panty nyo sa gastos.

Dito sa Pilipinas, where COST is always a factor, its best to maintain a combination of both for practical purposes.
    di na ako nagsusuot ng brief para wala mahulog. haha

exactly the sole reason bakit ayaw ko sa automatic: repair costs and availability of parts.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    di na ako nagsusuot ng brief para wala mahulog. haha

exactly the sole reason bakit ayaw ko sa automatic: repair costs and availability of parts.
    magkano ba (on the average) ang cost of repair ng automatic transmission (assume traditional A/T)?
    ilang KM bago lumabas ung mga problema ng A/T?