New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by banaweonline
    suggest ko lagay ka ng newspaper sa ilalim ng car. leave it overnight. then:
    kapag black, diesel oil
    light to dark brown, gasoline engine oil, and smells a bit like gasoline
    kapag reddish, atf
    kapag light to dark brown, smells like ****, gear oil
    kapag almost clear to brown, brake fluid
    kapag clear tapos medyo natutuyo, tubig na iyan. hehehe
    i did something like that last night. yung leaked fluid was light to dark brown, almost black na ata. pero i was sure it didnt smell like ****. so i guess engine oil yun.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    does engine oil always smell like gasoline? i had a check sa ilalim kasi ng auto ko and i found some light brown oil e, pero it didnt smell like gasoline. could it be brake fluid?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    btw, wala siyang smell e. wala rin naman akong sipon kaya i'm sure na di barado ilong ko. i smelled it twice pa. naka dalawang balik na kasi ako sa trusted mechanic namin and he assured me na wala ng oil leak yung auto ko.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by momoyster View Post
    how long ba since you have replaced the clutch? how's the clutch fluid in your reservoir. kung nababawasan, may leak yan either sa clutch master cylinder or clutch slave cylinder. kung pudpod na kasi ang clutch, it should manifest sliding symptom; as in pag- engage mo ng gear, di agad humahatak yung auto, (tumataas yung rpm as you step on the accelerator pero forward thrust is delayed).
    do you experience hard shifting at all times or when the car is at full stop( i.e. engaging first gear when the traffic light turns green at an intersection). baka nasa adjustment lang ng push rod yan kaya ganyan or maybe you need to have your gear oil changed
    Mga sir,
    I just need some additional info re clutch problem. i've noticed such symtoms as quoted above w/ my car (corolla xl, M/T), however, the hardshifting only occurs when the engine is hot, say 2 hour travel especially in traffic where you need to use your clutch all the time.
    any input mga sir would be greatly appreciated especially like me na walang alam kundi gumamit lang ng sasakyan. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    you can actually make your car move forward by slowly releasing the clutch without stepping on the gas. I do this even on inclines like being stuck in traffic on a bridge. But then I have a 6 cylinder diesel engine ;)
    sir is that a good practice? i sometimes do this on my civic. pag stop go traffic, i just release the clutch slowly without stepping on the gas.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    MISFIT, same problem as mine. Pero, duda ko sa master and secondary ung sa akin kse bigla nawawala ung clutch pedal ung pressure, kaya nde ko na ma shift. I had my mechanic adjusted the pedal and double check again the master and secondary, nung umulit. Ika 3rd day ko na. So far nde pa umu-ulit, happened to me twice.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    1) Clutch Disc - noticed if your RPM is not in tune with the speed of the car. High RPM na wala pang hatak. Or try, with engine running, shift to first gear and release the clutch without stepping on the gas. If the engine does not vibrate or shows signs of under load your clutch disc is really wornout.

2) Pressure Plate - Hard shifting, need to push the pedal to the floor to shift.

3) Release/Tension Bearing - release bearing lang po. Tensioner bearing is for the timing belt and in some cars for the fan/ac/alt belt. To test the release bearing put the shifter in the neutral position and listen. If you hear a whinning or humming sound and it disappears when you step on the clutch medyo may tama na ang bearing mo. But this doesn't mean sira na yun. It could take years bago tuluyan bumigay yun.

4) Primary/Secondary Slave (usually leak diba?) o kaya lumulubod yun clutch o lumulusot ito.

5) Tranny Fluid - hard shifting, harsh sound. visual inspection sa gas station.

mga sir ask ko lang kong mga magkano ngayon ang Clutch Disc, Pressure Plate, Release Bearing? sliding na kasi ang clutch ko. ride ko pala nissan SS III. TIA

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if may nagbabasa then may tulo. simple. i doubt it's brake fluid tho... malamang sumemplang na yung auto if malakas tulo ng brake fluid. check it tho. super easy to see the bf level naman.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    any ideas kung how much papalit ng clutch, i mean the whole package, as in palit lahat?

kinda new on this stuff kasi eh..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    8K plus for me. All in na un.

Labor 1,500
    FCC pressure plate 2,900
    FCC clutch disk 2,300
    release bearing 940
    2 oil seals 1,000

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
clutch problem