The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    up ko lang po yung thread.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude
    i tried number 1 kanina lang when i got home from work. i tried 2 methods. one was quickly releasing the clutch without stepping on the gas, and the other was to slowly release the clutch without stepping on the gas also. for the first method, the car gave an abrupt jerk and the engine died. but the for second method, the car proceeded to move and the engine did not die, the vibration was normal (slight lang), it was as if i did the correct mix of clutch and gas to make the car move. i tried this 3 times with the same result. is my clutch disc worn out na?

as for number 2 ganun din yung na experience ko.

any thoughts?
    you can actually make your car move forward by slowly releasing the clutch without stepping on the gas. I do this even on inclines like being stuck in traffic on a bridge. But then I have a 6 cylinder diesel engine ;)

as for your clutch, it's still looks good to me. ma feel mo naman coz during high revs your engine does not give you the usual speed that it does before. of course the clutch system is one of culprit of this, the other being the ignition or the fuel delivery, heck even a bad bearing in the aircon compressor/ power steering pump/alternator could cause also this symtoms.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hmmm, mahirap pala i-diagnose yan. i really think na may prob yung clutch ko e. kasi when i'm moving hirap siya ipasok sa 1st and 2nd gear. parang may grinding noise siya before ma completely engage sa 2nd gear. pero nawawala din.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude
    hmmm, mahirap pala i-diagnose yan. i really think na may prob yung clutch ko e. kasi when i'm moving hirap siya ipasok sa 1st and 2nd gear. parang may grinding noise siya before ma completely engage sa 2nd gear. pero nawawala din.

you mean grinding? yong parang hindi kinagat yung clutch ang gear at mapansin din to kpag hindi mo na full press yung pedal? di kaya clutch talaga prob nyan? try shiftling without shifting the clutch pedal yung ba ang sound?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18
    you mean grinding? yong parang hindi kinagat yung clutch ang gear at mapansin din to kpag hindi mo na full press yung pedal? di kaya clutch talaga prob nyan? try shiftling without shifting the clutch pedal yung ba ang sound?
    yes that's what i mean. exactly like that. ano kaya prob dun?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir. my bet is clutch. kasi grinding gears yung naririnig mo.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    baka naman kulang lang sa adjustment yang mga pedals mo. pa check mo muna kung tama pedal freeplay baka nakatukod o kung hindi naman, kulang sa stroke to fully release the clutch.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    sir pasingit na lang po ..
    paano po kung nasa 3rd or 4 th gear ay hindi smooth ang takbo
    (parang kadyot kadyot lang)..
    pero sa 1st and 2nd wala naman po ..clutch din po ba ang culprit doon ?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    probably not, could be your fuel delivery system.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or high tension wires

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
clutch problem