New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 302 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    those measurements are literally bumper to bumper. Considering that the sportivo has extra body claddings, this is included in the measurement as well, so doesn't really reflect with the room cabin measurements. Instead of comparing to the sportivo, compare it with the XT model, which is the same as sportivo but without the cladding. Thus:

Length:
    crosswind 4435mm
    innova 4555mm

width
    crosswind 1680mm
    innova 1770mm

height
    crosswind 1680mm
    innova 1755mm

wheelbase
    crosswind 2680mm
    innova 2750mm

and all of a sudden, the above figures changes everything on which unit is bigger.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    wow...18k for compre insurance?? if i may ask, can i have a copy of the policy para pangtawad ko sa renewal ko next jan 2006... they quoted me kasi 22k...Thanks...

WBR,
    Hi,

The 18k was given by the Casa not Ayala Aon. Go directly to Ayala Aon and have them quote you then go to Mapfre an insurance company and show them Ayala AONs quotation. All this can be done through phone calls Im sure they will give you a lower price. But I will hand out the policy as soon as I have scanned them.

Marlon

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BAU
    That's a very good package you got for your car. Doesn't the ashtray come standard with the car? How did you get the rebate? As a cash discount or accessories? Sorry, for asking too many questions.
    Hi Bau,

The rebate is given in check form, the ashtray for the door is an accessory.

Marlon

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IPSG_Hottie
    Comparing the dimensions of Innova versus Sportivo:

LENGTH:
    Innova = 4,555
    Sportivo = 4,730

HEIGHT:
    Innova = 1,755
    Sportivo = 1,900

WIDTH:
    SAME

Does this equate na much roomier yung passenger cabin ng Sportivo compared to Innova? Or yung extra dimensions ng Sportivo hindi naman napunta sa passenger cabin? Parang ang laki ng difference kse eh, although their price tags are "almost" the same.

Hi,

A wider body doesnt mean larger interior space. I have a Nissan Patrol Safari which is a big vehicle but my Xtrail and Innova boast larger interior space

Hope this helps

Marlon

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Just browse the internet, & find this thread, anyway got my innova E last April at TMI makati, its ODO is 10k already and never had such problem even at long drives (normally bring my car going to Bicol -480 kms- an 8 to 9 hrs. ride from Makati with 1 stopover & Claveria Cagayan Valley -613 kms - a very long journey at 12 to 14 hrs. with 3 stopover. My highway consumption is in between 12 to 14 km/liters.) i normally bring my car at TMI makati for engine wash since i dont want other carwash vendor to wash it over (they might splash parts that are not intended to be soaked in water). the d-4d woes might be in one production batch or so but may not be in totality of its production. got a friend from TMP plant and according to him the ordering of parts from their vendors are also by batch so they are also looking into this situation. BTW, i just use regular 15W-40 grade engine oil from toyota ever since, and i use shell diesel lang.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *Benchride...

Welcome to the Innova club...

Looks like you have enjoyed tremendously your ride and have brought it to far pplaces already... Good your ride doesnt give you problem...

Just keep posting...

WBR,

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    *Benchride...

Welcome to the Innova club...

Looks like you have enjoyed tremendously your ride and have brought it to far pplaces already... Good your ride doesnt give you problem...

Just keep posting...

WBR,

Thanks, Innova boy,

BTW my insurance is standard Ins. (TMI inhouse, got it at 21k) got a minor bump at front bumber (hit a stray dog while going to tuguegarao) medyo lubog pero it can be restored, i claimed it for replacement and presto they replaced it, processing is only 5 days on the sixth day napalitan na bumper ko. they even replaced my add on fog light set by mistake, he he he. after three days sinuli ko. kawawa ung ahente ko

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchride
    Thanks, Innova boy,

BTW my insurance is standard Ins. (TMI inhouse, got it at 21k) got a minor bump at front bumber (hit a stray dog while going to tuguegarao) medyo lubog pero it can be restored, i claimed it for replacement and presto they replaced it, processing is only 5 days on the sixth day napalitan na bumper ko. they even replaced my add on fog light set by mistake, he he he. after three days sinuli ko. kawawa ung ahente ko

How much then is your participation on this??

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    How much then is your participation on this??

WBR,
    paid 3125 less 10%, which is not bad for a complete replacement of front bumper. anyway, just read this news from an industry news about Toyota's effort to use lighter engine oils. Does it seem practical?

you may go to their address:http://www.imakenews.com/lng/index00....cfm?x=b11,0,w

Toyota Urges Lighter Oils for Asia

By Tim Sullivan

BANGKOK – Eking out fuel savings wherever it can, Toyota Motor Corp. is urging customers throughout Asia to use engine oils no heavier than 10W-30, an official with the company said during a base oil conference here last month.

The pitch drew skepticism from some lubricant industry observers, who speculated that drivers in some countries will be reluctant to stop using high-viscosity oils.

In a Sept. 15 presentation to F&L Asia’s Asia-Pacific Base Oil Conference, Toyota’s Fumio Ueda said that one of the biggest priorities for the auto industry is to develop environmentally sustainable vehicles – cars, trucks and motorcycles that use less fuel and generate less pollution. A senior staff engineer with Toyota’s Fuel and Lubricant Department, Ueda cited some of the fronts on which automakers are pursuing that goal: tapping alternative fuels, such as electricity or hydrogen; developing more efficient transmissions; and using lighter materials to reduce vehicle weight.

Lubricants are being asked to contribute to the cause, too, with automakers pushing engine oils that have lower viscosity, and therefore reduce friction in engines. Ueda, who is also chairman of the Engine Oil Subcommittee of the Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Association, noted that Toyota has begun recommending 0W-20 oils in Japan. The company is taking a more modest step of prescribing 10W-30 oils in other parts of Asia, where 20W-40 and 20W-50 grades prevail.

“Low-viscosity lubricants are one of the key technologies to get good fuel economy,” Ueda said. “Toyota would like to introduce 0W-20 oils [throughout Asia]. As a first step, though, 10W-30 is acceptable for all sides – customers, oil producers, car manufacturers. I think we will go further once everyone recognizes that lower-viscosity oils are not a problem.”

Ueda cited estimates that Asia would reduce fuel consumption by 2 million kiloliters (520 million gallons) per year if all drivers made the switch.

Some who heard his presentation expressed doubt that Toyota’s wish will be fulfilled anytime soon, contending that large parts of the region remain wedded to heavier oils.

“In Indonesia, motorists use mostly 20W-50 oils,” said Andria Nusa, lubricant product development manager for PT Pertamina, Indonesia’s national oil company. “Only a few use 10W-40, and it is still difficult to find 10W-30.

“It is not easy for the motorist to change to a lighter oil if there is no recommendation from the manufacturer and service stations,” he continued, adding that most of these still recommend 20W-50. “In their opinions, lighter oils will be noisier and cause hotter temperatures and higher oil consumption.”

Ueda said Toyota is encouraging the switch to lighter oils by recommending them in owner manuals and in bulletins to service stations. Some conference attendees said it will take a bigger effort to bring about much change.

“I agree that it makes sense, especially in light of what’s happened with fuel prices,” said Harland Bulow, lead consultant for base oils with Tri-Zen International, a consulting firm based in Singapore. “But you have to overcome two factors: price, since the lighter-grade oils tend to cost less; and the simple fact that people are used to using heavier oils.

“You’re not going to overcome those obstacles without a pretty aggressive education campaign,” he told Lube Report. “To me, the best place to do that is in the schools, so you can reach young drivers.”

benchride

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    REVO Gas and Innova Gas has Diff engine AFAIK
    i think the engine model is both 1TR-FE but for revo its a 1.8 EFI while for innova its 2.0 DOHC VVTI EFI